Drive Mobility Scooters
- Drive Medical Flex Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS29455FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Folding Scooter can be easily folded or unfolded by remote control in under 12 seconds, providing a quick and easy transport solution for users on the go.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,749.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,499.99Save: £750.04
- Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter - Red Item Code: MS18278FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter is highly compact in size but extremely large on features.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £519.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £730.29Save: £210.34
- Folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31139FREE ShippingThis folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter is one of the lightest scooters available on the market, weighing just 21.5 kgs (47.3 lbs), this combined with its compact size make it the ideal scooter for use when travelling away from home.Special Price £1,743.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,395.95Save: £652.00
- Drive Scout 3 Wheel Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25636FREE ShippingThis is the 3 wheeled version of the Drive Scout Mobility Scooter, a highly cost effective scooter that provides exceptional user comfort along with high performance levels and reliability.Special Price £599.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £822.89Save: £222.94
- Drive Medical ST5D Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28850FREE ShippingThe ST5D Scooter has a modern, robust design that gives you the latest in scooter styling and performance. It features bespoke alloy wheels, sleek paintwork and touch screen controls, and despite being one of the larger scooters in the range, it is compact and easy to manoeuvre with a tight turning circle. Features Top Speed of 8mph* Maximum range of 26 miles on a full battery charge* Luxurious fully adjustable Captains seat with two tone cover and padded adjustable headrest High / low speed selector to switch between 4mph (pavement only) and 8mph (road legal) Excellent ground clearance 9.9cm (3.9") for a smooth ride over rough terrain LED touch screen control panel Fully functioning indicators and twin adjustable rear view mirrors for extra visibility Advanced all round suspension ensures a smooth ride and optimal handling Fitted with innovative Rhino 2 control system for a smooth, powerful ride Comfortable lightweight and rotating seat which swivels 360° for easy transfers on and off the scooter Delta bars as standard Removable seat and pneumatic tiller adjustment for easy transportation Sliding and reclining seat with adjustable armrests Tie down points for non-occupant transportation Horn to alert others of your presence for added safety Fitted with reflectors, illuminated controls and LED front, rear and brake lights to improve outdoor visibility at dusk or when dark Power / Self-Diagnostic and Hazard warning lights for added safety Front removable storage basket as standard Bespoke alloy wheels with grey pneumatic tyres for a smoother ride Rear anti tip wheels as standard Anti roll back system safety device prevents scooter from rolling backwards on hills Freewheel facility allows movement of scooter without switching the motor on Easy to remove 2 x 75 Ah airline friendly batteries** Includes an on board charging facility as standard Emergency brake for added safety Available in Anthracite Grey and Spirit Red£2,289.49 with VAT Relief
- Explorer Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28450FREE ShippingThis Explorer Mobility Scooter has been developed with a focus on style and performance. It is also designed to provide the user with convenience of a Portable Mobility Scooter yet the comfort of a much larger scooter.Special Price £759.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £963.89Save: £203.94
- Scout Portable Mobility Scooter - Blue Item Code: MS24635FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Drive Scout Portable Mobility Scooter has been specially designed with comfort and style in mind whilst also offering exceptional performance and reliability.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £579.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £887.99Save: £308.04
- Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS18277FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter is an exceptionally strong and versatile boot scooter that is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use and also boasts many features often found on much larger scooters.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £519.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £730.29Save: £210.34
- Drive Scout Mobility Scooter - 20 Ah Item Code: MS25516FREE ShippingThis Drive Scout Mobility Scooter is available in both blue and red and comes fitted with an upgraded, airline friendly, 20 amp battery box which provides the user with an exceptional range of 13 miles.Special Price £679.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £946.69Save: £266.74
- Royale Sport Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25492FREE ShippingThe Royale Sport Mobility Scooter is a state of the art mobility scooter that boasts an exceptionally stylish and modern canopy which helps to keep the user dry in adverse weather.Special Price £4,799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £4,975.79Save: £175.84
- Drive Medical Envoy 8 + Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS24646FREE ShippingThe Envoy 8 Scooter boasts many of the features of a much larger scooter but all within this smaller model. The scooters have all round suspension for comfort and ease of driving, there are also LED headlights for safety and peace of mind whilst driving at night. The longer-range batteries ensure that you are good to go whilst out and about and with no concerns about your batteries letting you down. The scooter has a maximum speed of 8mph and is fitted with fully functioning indicators and mirrors so that it is suitable for road use. There is a sport style seat for comfort and a modern dashboard design and modern pneumatic tyres with a 5” rim meaning this scooter really will take you from home and then onto the roads and about town to the shops or to meet friends for lunch- a really versatile scooter! The motor is 500 watts and there is a one touch hydraulic tiller adjustment. The scooter is easy to handle and compact, yet we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised at all the additional features you will find on this model. Features Max range of 30 miles* Top speed of 8mph* All round suspension Powerful 500W motor LED headlights Sport style seat Modern dashboard design Black pneumatic tyres with large 5” rims Hydraulic tiller adjustment Fully functioning indicators Mirrors- suitable for road use Longer range batteriesSpecial Price £1,469.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,839.29Save: £369.30
- King Cobra Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS24486FREE ShippingThe King Cobra Mobility Scooter by Drive Medical boasts a revolutionary design and has been manufactured to combine comfort and style along with reliable, outstanding performance.Special Price £3,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,550.00Save: £150.05
- Sport Rider Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS21219FREE ShippingThe Sport Rider Mobility Scooter is part of the Drive Medical range of scooters and has been specially designed to provide the highest levels of performance and uses technology straight from the motorcycle industry.Special Price £2,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,899.99Save: £1,000.04
- Drive Royale 4 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS14791FREE ShippingThe Drive Royale 4 Mobility Scooter is available in either black, red or white and is one of the most modern and stylish mobility scooters on the market.Special Price £3,099.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,700.09Save: £600.14
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section