Drive Mobility Scooters
- Drive Medical Flex Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS29455FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Folding Scooter can be easily folded or unfolded by remote control in under 12 seconds, providing a quick and easy transport solution for users on the go.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,749.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,499.99Save: £750.04
- Folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31139FREE ShippingThis folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter is one of the lightest scooters available on the market, weighing just 21.5 kgs (47.3 lbs), this combined with its compact size make it the ideal scooter for use when travelling away from home.Special Price £1,743.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,395.95Save: £652.00
- Drive Scout 3 Wheel Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25636FREE ShippingThis is the 3 wheeled version of the Drive Scout Mobility Scooter, a highly cost effective scooter that provides exceptional user comfort along with high performance levels and reliability.Special Price £599.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £822.89Save: £222.94
- Explorer Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28450FREE ShippingThis Explorer Mobility Scooter has been developed with a focus on style and performance. It is also designed to provide the user with convenience of a Portable Mobility Scooter yet the comfort of a much larger scooter.Special Price £759.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £963.89Save: £203.94
- Scout Portable Mobility Scooter - Blue Item Code: MS24635FREE ShippingThe Drive Scout Portable Mobility Scooter has been specially designed with comfort and style in mind whilst also offering exceptional performance and reliability.Special Price £579.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £955.89Save: £375.94
- Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS18277FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The Strider ST1 Portable Mobility Scooter is an exceptionally strong and versatile boot scooter that is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use and also boasts many features often found on much larger scooters.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £519.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £768.39Save: £248.44
- Drive Scout Mobility Scooter - 20 Ah Item Code: MS25516FREE ShippingThis Drive Scout Mobility Scooter is available in both blue and red and comes fitted with an upgraded, airline friendly, 20 amp battery box which provides the user with an exceptional range of 13 miles.Special Price £679.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £946.69Save: £266.74
- Royale Sport Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25492FREE ShippingThe Royale Sport Mobility Scooter is a state of the art mobility scooter that boasts an exceptionally stylish and modern canopy which helps to keep the user dry in adverse weather.Special Price £4,699.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £5,995.00Save: £1,295.05
- Drive Envoy 6 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25406FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Drive Envoy 6 mph Mobility Scooter is both modern and stylish in design yet boasts many features often found on much larger scooters.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,299.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,699.95Save: £400.00
- Drive Envoy 8 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS24646FREE ShippingThe Drive Envoy 8 Mobility Scooter is available in a range of colours and has been manufactured to combine style and performance that is usually associated with much larger mobility scooters.Special Price £1,499.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,999.95Save: £500.00
- King Cobra Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS24486FREE ShippingThe King Cobra Mobility Scooter by Drive Medical boasts a revolutionary design and has been manufactured to combine comfort and style along with reliable, outstanding performance.Special Price £3,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,550.00Save: £150.05
- Drive Cobra Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS23026FREE ShippingThe Cobra Mobility Scooter by Drive is a revolutionary scooter that boasts a striking dynamic design which makes a huge statement and sets a new benchmark within the Mobility Scooter industry.Special Price £2,499.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,849.95Save: £350.00
- Sport Rider Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS21219FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Sport Rider Mobility Scooter is part of the Drive Medical range of scooters and has been specially designed to provide the highest levels of performance and uses technology straight from the motorcycle industry.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £2,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,899.99Save: £1,000.04
- Drive Royale 4 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS14791FREE ShippingThe Drive Royale 4 Mobility Scooter is available in either black, red or white and is one of the most modern and stylish mobility scooters on the market.Special Price £3,195.00 with VAT ReliefWas: £4,595.00Save: £1,400.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section