We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Items 1-40 of 267
- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mangar are a manufacturer known for developing superb patient lifting equipment, so much so that the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,179.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,495.99Save: £316.04
- Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS30890Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Evacuation Sheet has been specially designed for use in emergencies where a patient needs to be transferred from a bed to a chair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £43.09Save: £6.14
- Invacare ISA Stand Assist Item Code: MS31104FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Invacare ISA Stand Assist is a standing hoist that has been specially designed to support active transfers for people who have some weight bearing ability, but are unable to raise themselves into a standing position unaided.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,050.09Save: £250.14
- Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS31088FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The all new Invacare Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist has been designed to provide maximum comfort and security when lifting or transferring a patient to or from a bed, chair or even the floor.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £639.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £861.79Save: £221.84
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,989.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,587.39Save: £597.44
- Oxford Journey Stand Aid Item Code: MS31233FREE ShippingThe Oxford Journey Electric Stand Aid is from the well renowned Oxford Professional Stand Aid range and incorporates the latest design and manufacturing technologies to produce the most compact and portable, folding stand aid on the market today.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,706.79Save: £306.84
- Ambulance Chair - 2 Wheel Item Code: MS27599FREE ShippingSuitable for manoeuvring patients in a confined space. Folds flat for storage and transportation. Plastic coated steel construction. Wipe clean upholstery – flame retardant. Anti-tipping adjustment assemblies. 10cm solid tyred wheels. Safety lap strap. Seat width is 34cm. Length when folded flat is 117cm. Depth when folded flat is 39cm.
- Casa Lift Hoist Item Code: MS26614FREE ShippingCasa Lift HoistEasy manoeuvrability and access due to four castors and wide leg width adjustment Lightweight frame is easy to move into position, allowing the user to achieve a lower lifting position from the floor. Compact for easy access through domestic doorways. High lifting range and safe working load for greater versatility and maximum flexibility. Ergonomic, user friendly handset features patient lifting symbols for easy identification, as well as recessed buttons to reduce the chance of unintended operation if the handset is dropped. Handset features a magnetic back, making it easy to secure to the hoist for added safety. Actuator features emergency lowering function, which is easier to control than a traditional quick release actuator and harder to misuse. Exchangeable cable which allows for cable damage to be rectified by replacing just the cable, rather than the whole actuator.m Control box features emergency stop and lowering functions, as well as an acoustic low battery alarm which emits an alert at 50% battery level. Easily dismantled for transportation and storage. All components are interchangeable.SpecificationsLength: 45" (115cm)Height: 72" (183cm)Closed width: 23" (59cm)Open Width: 46" (116cm)Lifting Range: 18.5 - 72" (47 - 183cm)Weight: 77lbs (35kg)Weight Capacity: 28stone (180kg)£938.49 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist Item Code: MS31236FREE ShippingThe Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist is a highly versatile mobile hoist that is ideal for home use or in small care institutions where space is at a premium.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,563.89Save: £163.94
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This highly cost effective, strong and lightweight Transfer Turntable is an invaluable aid for a carer or relative as it helps to provide smooth and easy transfers from a bed, commode, chair or car.Express Delivery Available£8.95 with VAT Relief
- Banana Board Item Code: MS25561Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Banana Board Prime takes on the features of the patented Q2 Board but is slightly smaller to appeal to the general population and paediatric market.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £36.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £49.59Save: £12.64
- Transfer Belt Item Code: MS10846Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Representing exceptional value for money, this Transfer Belt is the perfect companion to aid with short distance transfers or to help users raising up from a bed, chair or wheelchair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £10.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £29.95Save: £19.00
- Economy Slide Sheet - Long Item Code: MS30929Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ensuring the highest possible levels of hygiene and convenience, this Slide Sheet is machine washable and fully reusable; for additional hygiene, the material has an anti-bacterial finish helping to manage infection control.Express Delivery Available£7.99 with VAT Relief
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Transport Sling Item Code: MS31245FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Transport Slings are available in three different sizes, with this being the medium sized version, this range of slings are suitable for use with Oxford Hoists and Stand Aids.
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery Available£24.39 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Medium Item Code: MS31243FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Stand Aid Slings are designed to assist those users that are still able to bear their own weight, this is the medium sized sling that is suitable for use on all Oxford Stand Aids.
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code: MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery Available£18.19 with VAT Relief
- Shine Fleece Cover Swivel Cushion - White (16x2") Item Code: MS16530Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Helps turning when getting in or out of car, wheelchair or bed, has a washable soft fleece top cover.Express Delivery Available£13.69 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Quickfit Sling - Small Item Code: MS31247FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the smallest Oxford Quickfit sling in the range of three available sizes. Featuring a unique shaped design enables the sling to be fitted quickly and easily behind the patient.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £77.29Save: £7.34
- Economy Slide Sheet Item Code: MS30932Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Extremely durable and completely reusable, this 710mm (28 Inches) wide version offers a substantial width making it suitable for a wide variety of different transfers.Express Delivery Available£7.99 with VAT Relief
- Molift Smart 150 Folding Hoist Item Code: MS30065FREE ShippingThe Molift Smart 150 Folding Hoist is an extremely lightweight patient hoist that quickly and easily folds to a highly compact size to allow for easy transportation and storage.Special Price £2,095.00 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,618.69Save: £523.69
- Poz 'in' Form Vinyl Cover Lateral Potioning Cushion - Grey (73x31.5x7") Item Code: MS24535FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£96.59 with VAT Relief
- Birdie Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS23500FREE ShippingNow providing patients with care, safety and dignity is much easier with the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist, this unit allows for easy patient lifting and handling with intuitive and sensitive controls that alleviate potential strains and injury when patients need lifting or moving in confined spaces. This robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools. With health and safety high on the agenda in the professional care environment, this hoist performs superbly on all levels. The innovative hoist design reduces the risk of injury as the patient’s knees are not close to the actuator, rotation is also easy with the high boom arm and ergonomic design.Features: Allows for easy and safe lifting, with great comfort Simple operation, reduces risk of strain or injury Foldable, portable, moves with ease Robustly manufactured for daily intensive use Rotate the patient 360° with ease and comfort Up to 40 full lifts between battery charges Suitable right up to 150KG users Comes with full manufacturer’s warranty Specification Max. overall length (base): 1000mm Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm Internal Width, legs open: 890mm External Width, Legs closed: 530mm Turning Circle: 1070mm Ground Clearance: 100mm Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36Kg Folded Length: 1130mm Folded Width: 535mm Folded Height: 365mmSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.99Save: £370.04
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery Available£26.69 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Quickfit Sling - Large Item Code: MS31246FREE ShippingOxford Quick Fit Slings are available in a range of three sizes with the being the largest size, designed for users weighing 80 kgs - 136 kgs (12.6 stone - 21 stone).Special Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £77.29Save: £7.34
- Oxford Quickfit Sling Item Code: MS31237FREE ShippingThis is the medium sized Oxford Quick Fit Sling that has been designed to provide the user with optimum comfort when transferring whilst also ensuring ease of use for the carer.Special Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £77.29Save: £7.34
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Safety Raiser Strap - Large Item Code: MS30126FREE Shipping£55.69 with VAT Relief
- Poz 'In' Form Pressure Relief Heel Cushion - Grey (19x12x4.75") Item Code: MS24541Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This cushion contributes to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel area tolow-risk zones (calves and knees). The heel is completely off the mattress and the weight of the lower leg is distributed evenly across the cushion. It holds the ankles in proper position and leads to a better blood circulation. Its size allows pressure relief on the Achilles’ heel.Express Delivery Available£25.09 with VAT Relief
- Secure Turn Patient Turner Item Code: MS12883FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Secure Turn Patient Turner is both highly cost effective and the ideal solution for transferring patients between beds, chairs and wheelchairs.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £299.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £100.00
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.29 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Small Item Code: MS31251FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This small sized Oxford Stand Aid Sling is designed to be used in conjunction with all Oxford Stand Aids to assist users that can still bear their own weight.
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Soft Handles (2 Pack) Item Code: MS30124Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£25.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section