We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Items 1-40 of 302
- Economy Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS30890FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Evacuation Sheet has been specially designed for use in emergencies where a patient needs to be transferred from a bed to a chair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £46.69Save: £9.74Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is widely used and recommended by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts as a key piece of emergency equipment.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,079.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,511.59Save: £431.64
- Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS31088FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The all new Invacare Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist has been designed to provide maximum comfort and security when lifting or transferring a patient to or from a bed, chair or even the floor.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £840.39Save: £210.44
- Invacare Reliant 350 Stand Aid Item Code: MS24493FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Reliant 350 has a maximum weight limit of 158 kg (25 stone), allows for additional support whilst transferring to and from a sitting position, preventing unnecessary strain on both patient and carer.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £769.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,130.09Save: £360.14
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,744.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,475.39Save: £730.44
- Ambulance Chair - 2 Wheel Item Code: MS27599FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Suitable for manoeuvring patients in a confined space. Folds flat for storage and transportation. Plastic coated steel construction. Wipe clean upholstery – flame retardant. Anti-tipping adjustment assemblies. 10cm solid tyred wheels. Safety lap strap. Seat width is 34cm. Length when folded flat is 117cm. Depth when folded flat is 39cm.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £106.19Save: £15.92Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Casa Lift Hoist Item Code: MS26614FREE ShippingCasa Lift HoistEasy manoeuvrability and access due to four castors and wide leg width adjustment Lightweight frame is easy to move into position, allowing the user to achieve a lower lifting position from the floor. Compact for easy access through domestic doorways. High lifting range and safe working load for greater versatility and maximum flexibility. Ergonomic, user friendly handset features patient lifting symbols for easy identification, as well as recessed buttons to reduce the chance of unintended operation if the handset is dropped. Handset features a magnetic back, making it easy to secure to the hoist for added safety. Actuator features emergency lowering function, which is easier to control than a traditional quick release actuator and harder to misuse. Exchangeable cable which allows for cable damage to be rectified by replacing just the cable, rather than the whole actuator.m Control box features emergency stop and lowering functions, as well as an acoustic low battery alarm which emits an alert at 50% battery level. Easily dismantled for transportation and storage. All components are interchangeable.SpecificationsLength: 45" (115cm)Height: 72" (183cm)Closed width: 23" (59cm)Open Width: 46" (116cm)Lifting Range: 18.5 - 72" (47 - 183cm)Weight: 77lbs (35kg)Weight Capacity: 28stone (180kg)£783.99 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist Item Code: MS31236FREE ShippingThe Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist is a highly versatile mobile hoist that is ideal for home use or in small care institutions where space is at a premium.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,563.89Save: £163.94
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Banana Board Item Code: MS25561Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Banana Board Prime takes on the features of the patented Q2 Board but is slightly smaller to appeal to the general population and paediatric market.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £26.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £33.69Save: £6.74Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £22.69 with VAT Relief
Was: £26.69Save: £4.00Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Shine Fleece Cover Swivel Cushion - White (16x2") Item Code: MS16530Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Helps turning when getting in or out of car, wheelchair or bed, has a washable soft fleece top cover.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.61 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.89Save: £3.28Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.34 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.99Save: £1.65Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Special Price £14.87 with VAT Relief
Was: £17.49Save: £2.62Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Birdie Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS23500FREE ShippingNow providing patients with care, safety and dignity is much easier with the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist, this unit allows for easy patient lifting and handling with intuitive and sensitive controls that alleviate potential strains and injury when patients need lifting or moving in confined spaces. This robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools. With health and safety high on the agenda in the professional care environment, this hoist performs superbly on all levels. The innovative hoist design reduces the risk of injury as the patient’s knees are not close to the actuator, rotation is also easy with the high boom arm and ergonomic design.Features: Allows for easy and safe lifting, with great comfort Simple operation, reduces risk of strain or injury Foldable, portable, moves with ease Robustly manufactured for daily intensive use Rotate the patient 360° with ease and comfort Up to 40 full lifts between battery charges Suitable right up to 150KG users Comes with full manufacturer’s warranty Specification Max. overall length (base): 1000mm Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm Internal Width, legs open: 890mm External Width, Legs closed: 530mm Turning Circle: 1070mm Ground Clearance: 100mm Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36Kg Folded Length: 1130mm Folded Width: 535mm Folded Height: 365mmSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £999.99Save: £370.04
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £11.30 with VAT Relief
Was: £13.29Save: £1.99Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Curved Transfer Board Item Code: MS11128FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Homecraft Curved Transfer Board is designed to enable people with limited strength and mobility to assist with functional transfers. The board is ideal for car, bed, chair and toilet transfers, facilitating independence with safety. The arc shape not only enables a variety of positioning options, but also allows for the natural sweeping pattern of an assisted transfer. For increased stability and security the Homecraft Curved Transfer Board has two non-slip pads on the base of the board. Wipes clean easily for infection control purposes.Length: 71cm (27.5")Width: 37cm (14.5")Weight: 1.95kgExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £32.04 with VAT Relief
Was: £37.69Save: £5.65Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £29.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £34.29Save: £5.14Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Rota Stand Compact Item Code: MS28751FREE ShippingThe Rotastand...Compact combines all the benefits of the Rotastand and the Rotastand...Solo in one product with the added value of being lightweight (only 10kg) and foldable. The folding and lightweight nature of the Rotastand...Compact is ideal for community assessments by therapists who often have to lift equipment in and out of their vehicles. Equally, a more independent lifestyle is encouraged for clients who wish to travel to friends and relatives. The Rotastand...Compact fits easily into the boot of a car. Foldable compact design reduces storage and transport issues. Lightweight: easy to manoeuvre and lift in and out of vehicles. Height adjustable frame and shin pad to suit all clients. Central Wheels allow easy positioning. Stabilizing bar allows a one person transfer. 200kg weight limit.£285.09 with VAT Relief
- Secure Turn Patient Turner Item Code: MS12883FREE ShippingSecure Turn Patient Turner This patient turner is ideal for transferring individuals where mobility is restricted between beds, chairs & wheelchairs. Features a secure locking device which is hand operated to enable the carer to rotate at any desired position whilst controlling the turn speed at the same time. Stable & easily manoeuvred, the high tensile steel unit is fitted with two rubber castors for easy portability.DimensionsWidth between arms: 43cm (17")Height to patient handles: 76cm (30")Height to carer handles: 99cm (39")Width: 66cm (26")Depth: 68cm (27")Disc Diameter: 45cm (18")Weight: 17KgsMax Use: 190kgs (30St)Note: This item is special order please allow 7-14 working days for delivery.£324.79 with VAT Relief
- Short Transfer Board Item Code: MS10833Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Short Transfer BoardThese transfer boards are made from top quality birch plywood.They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers.The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 24" X 8 1/2" (600mm X 215mm)Weight: 1230gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.69Save: £2.20Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Swivel Seat Item Code: MS10841Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swivel Seat is an invaluable car mobility aid for use when transferring both to and from a car, the Swivel Seat boasts luxuriously warm and comfortable fleece upper, generous foam padding and a base that turns easily to allow the user to get in or out of seats with ease.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.40 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.59Save: £2.19Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Poz 'In' Form Pressure Relief Heel Cushion - Grey (19x12x4.75") Item Code: MS24541Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This cushion contributes to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel area tolow-risk zones (calves and knees). The heel is completely off the mattress and the weight of the lower leg is distributed evenly across the cushion. It holds the ankles in proper position and leads to a better blood circulation. Its size allows pressure relief on the Achilles’ heel.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £24.73 with VAT Relief
Was: £29.09Save: £4.36Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Shine Smooth Fabric Cover Turning Ring Cushion - Navy (16x4") Item Code: MS16531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Provides easy rotation in 360°Donut Shape form cushion fits the hip to reduce the pressure when sitting. Distributes weight evenly and help maintain the correct pose when sitting. Includes a washable cover and non slip sheetExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £19.20 with VAT Relief
Was: £22.59Save: £3.39Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Panda Transfer Board 24" Item Code: MS27933Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 61cm (24")Width 21m (8.25")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.52 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.79Save: £3.27Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Ultra Transfer Slide Item Code: MS24402Enables people with good upper limb strength and sitting balance to slide from one seated position to another.This lightweight, plastic moulded transfer board features looped handles, allowing users to pull themselves across the surface with ease. Smooth, wipe clean surface. Clean with mild sterilising solution.Dimensions:Length: 666mm (26¼")Width: 200mm (8")Depth: 25mm (1")Max user weight limit: 127kg (20st)Product weight: 0.9kg (2lbs).Special Price £28.98 with VAT Relief
Was: £34.09Save: £5.11Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Kozee Komforts Easy Turn Cushion - Black (14x1.5") Item Code: MS12634FREE Shipping
This turntable is made all the more comfortable by the 1" thick high density foam cushion.Special Price £30.34 with VAT Relief
Was: £35.69Save: £5.35Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Wooden Curved Transfer Board Item Code: MS22215FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £33.65 with VAT Relief
Was: £39.59Save: £5.94Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS12308FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.This bed wedge has had over whelming demand from acid reflux (GERD / GORD) Oesophagitis (hiatal hernia) Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, hiatus hernia & heart burn sufferers with many amazon reviews supporting the benefit of this product. This bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £51.16 with VAT Relief
Was: £60.19Save: £9.03Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Invacare Universal Standard Sling - Medium (Polyester) Item Code: MS24555FREE ShippingSupports the whole body; including the shoulders. This sling should only be used for those who have good head control. The Universal Standard sling is often preferred as an all-round sling for the elderly, as it supports the entire body and gives the client a feeling of comfort as well as an unobstructed view. This sling can be used for seated to seated transfers and is easy to apply. This model also has a stiffened fabric in the back section, to ensure optimal weight distribution and comfort for the client.Made from Solid Polyester a standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.Medium Size (Note: Also available in Small, Medium, Large & X Large)Dimension A: 1090mmDimension B: 1050mmDimension C: 560mmDimension D: 480mmNote: Max user weight is 40 - 90KgsSpecial Price £64.25 with VAT Relief
Was: £75.59Save: £11.34Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Prop-Up Bed Wedge Item Code: MS10615FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £51.29Save: £7.69Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Quick Move Transfer & Transport Aid Item Code: MS15928FREE ShippingQuick Move Transfer & Transport AidAn active transfer and transport aid, designed for users with poor balance and reduced lower limb strength. An ideal solution for users who can raise themselves to an upright/semi upright position but require an aid for transfer/transport. Particularly suitable for hospitals, care homes and private homes. High 170kg (27st) user weight limit. Silver powder coated steel frame, padded synthetic leather seat, padded polyurethane kneepad, detachable footplate with safe non slip surface, four swivel castors, two rear castors are braked. User advantages: Exercises and maintains user's rising, sitting and standing functions by engaging them actively in the transfer. Side handles encourage ergonomically correct rising and sitting movement. Close eye to eye contact between user and carer. Carer advantages: Minimises the risk of back related injuries caused by incorrect moving and handling techniques. Reduces number of sling transfers: Convenient, time saving alternative when patient sling transfer is not necessary. Quick and easy to operate, smooth rolling action functions. Leg Spread adjustment: in and out via foot pedal. Various handgrip options for user: Horizontal bar and side bars. Split seat pads: both swing away and flip-up function; allowing use by those who can only raise to semi upright. Knee/shin pad: depth and height adjustable and tiltable. Foot pedal: for adjusting leg spread in and out. Angle adjustment crossbar: adjusts seat and handgrip angle up or down to optimise seating comfort and positioning. The leg spread allows for positioning close to user, e.g: side of bed, chair or wheelchair. Seat depth: two positions, manually adjustable to allow adjustment for users of different heights. Users will need a degree of arm strength and standing function in order to actively participate in the transfer.DimensionsHandle height 930 - 1040mm (361/2 - 41"). Overall length 940mm (37") Maximum external width - legs splayed 890m (35"). Kneepad height 420 620mm (161/2 - 241/2). Kneepad horizontal depth adjustment 110mm (41/3"). Frame width internal 485mm (19"). Footplate width 400mm (151/2"). Weight 35kg (5st 7lb)£2,072.89 with VAT Relief
- Molift Smart 150 Lightweight & Foldable Patient Hoist Item Code: MS30065FREE ShippingMolift Smart 150 Lightweight & Foldable Patient HoistLight, foldable and transportable without toolsMolift Smart 150 is designed to be easily wheeled and transported to where it is required. It is designed for home care, for travelling and easy storage. The Molift Smart is foldable in one piece without using any tools.Low weight and unique constructionDue to its low weight, the small footprint and the unique construction, Molift Smart 150 is easy to manoeuvre even in narrow spaces.Comfortable and safe transferThe hoisting range of 27 – 168 cm (10.6” – 66.1”) provides an excellent maximum hoisting height and at the same time gets very low, facilitating hoisting from the floor. Standard 4-point sling bar ensures a comfortable and spacious hoisting position for the user.Molift Smart 150 has been awarded for Design Excellence by the Norwegian Design Council.Features4-point sling bar - Standard 4-point sling bar ensures comfortable and more spacious hoisting position for the user.Foldable without tools - Designed for homecare and travelling.SpecificationsService Software - IncludedMaterial - Aluminium, SteelTotal weight - 26Kg (57 lbs)Weight Limit - 150Kg (330 lbs)Weight when seperated - Part 1: 13Kg (28.6 lbs) - Part 2: 13Kg (28.6 lbs)Length - 1200mm (47.2")Leg height - 110mm (4.4")Width chassis/legs outer - 660mm (25.9")Width open legs inner - 925mm (36.4")Dimiensions folded - 1160 x 475 x 360mm (45.32" x 18.7" x 14")Hoisting height - 270-1665mm (10.6"-66.1")Hoisting Interval 1410mm (55.5")Battery - NiMH 14.4V - 2.2ah Item no. 0541000Battery charge time - Approx. 3 HoursHoisting Speed - 60mm/sec (2.4"/sec)Rated performance - 40 hoists at: 75kg and 50cm (165 lbs and 19.5")Cleaning Instructsions - Use pH-neutral cleaning agents. If disinfection is required, use isopropyl alcohol. Do not use abrasive or corrosive substance for cleaning.Special Price £1,889.00 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,618.69Save: £729.69
- Curved Seated Transfer Board - 62cm Long x 26cm wide x 1cm thick Item Code: MS14453FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Curved Seated Transfer Board - 62cm Long x 26cm wide x 1cm thickThe Curved transfer Board is designed to assist in the seated transfer of patients. The boards unique shape has been based on the Market Leading Board and like that board it is also able to be used in many different types of transfer.It is NOT designed for lifting but is used for seated patient transfers by bridging a small gap, say between wheelchair and bed or wheelchair to toilet etc.The Board has a single hand hold to assist with both positioning and transport and its lightweight and small size make it particularly suitable for use with the Emergency Services or for simple non assisted transfers.The Working Load Limit is 175kg.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £64.68 with VAT Relief
Was: £76.09Save: £11.41Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Easy Turn Pad Item Code: MS12633Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These low friction discs slide against each other to allow the patient to be easily turned by carers or by themselves.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £25.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £29.99Save: £4.50Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Molift Smart 150 Patient Hoist - Travel Suitcase Item Code: MS30110FREE Shipping£604.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section