We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Items 1-40 of 295
- Economy Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS30890Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Evacuation Sheet has been specially designed for use in emergencies where a patient needs to be transferred from a bed to a chair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £43.09Save: £6.14
- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mangar are a manufacturer known for developing superb patient lifting equipment, so much so that the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,149.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,434.69Save: £284.74
- Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS31088FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The all new Invacare Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist has been designed to provide maximum comfort and security when lifting or transferring a patient to or from a bed, chair or even the floor.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £840.39Save: £210.44
- Invacare ISA Stand Assist Item Code: MS31104FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Invacare ISA Stand Assist is a standing hoist that has been specially designed to support active transfers for people who have some weight bearing ability, but are unable to raise themselves into a standing position unaided.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,050.09Save: £250.14
- Ambulance Chair - 2 Wheel Item Code: MS27599FREE ShippingSuitable for manoeuvring patients in a confined space. Folds flat for storage and transportation. Plastic coated steel construction. Wipe clean upholstery – flame retardant. Anti-tipping adjustment assemblies. 10cm solid tyred wheels. Safety lap strap. Seat width is 34cm. Length when folded flat is 117cm. Depth when folded flat is 39cm.
- Casa Lift Hoist Item Code: MS26614FREE ShippingCasa Lift HoistEasy manoeuvrability and access due to four castors and wide leg width adjustment Lightweight frame is easy to move into position, allowing the user to achieve a lower lifting position from the floor. Compact for easy access through domestic doorways. High lifting range and safe working load for greater versatility and maximum flexibility. Ergonomic, user friendly handset features patient lifting symbols for easy identification, as well as recessed buttons to reduce the chance of unintended operation if the handset is dropped. Handset features a magnetic back, making it easy to secure to the hoist for added safety. Actuator features emergency lowering function, which is easier to control than a traditional quick release actuator and harder to misuse. Exchangeable cable which allows for cable damage to be rectified by replacing just the cable, rather than the whole actuator.m Control box features emergency stop and lowering functions, as well as an acoustic low battery alarm which emits an alert at 50% battery level. Easily dismantled for transportation and storage. All components are interchangeable.SpecificationsLength: 45" (115cm)Height: 72" (183cm)Closed width: 23" (59cm)Open Width: 46" (116cm)Lifting Range: 18.5 - 72" (47 - 183cm)Weight: 77lbs (35kg)Weight Capacity: 28stone (180kg)£833.99 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,475.39Save: £575.44
- Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist Item Code: MS31236FREE ShippingThe Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist is a highly versatile mobile hoist that is ideal for home use or in small care institutions where space is at a premium.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,563.89Save: £163.94
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Oxford In-Situ Sling Item Code: MS31239FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Oxford In-Situ Sling is ideal for those that spend prolonged periods of time in the sling.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £99.95Save: £20.00
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red (150 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25908Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 59 x 27.5" (150 x 70cm)Express Delivery Available£16.39 with VAT Relief
- Economy Slide Sheet - Long Item Code: MS30929Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ensuring the highest possible levels of hygiene and convenience, this Slide Sheet is machine washable and fully reusable; for additional hygiene, the material has an anti-bacterial finish helping to manage infection control.Express Delivery Available£7.99 with VAT Relief
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery Available£10.09 with VAT Relief
- Molift Smart 150 Lightweight & Foldable Patient Hoist Item Code: MS30065FREE ShippingMolift Smart 150 Lightweight & Foldable Patient HoistLight, foldable and transportable without toolsMolift Smart 150 is designed to be easily wheeled and transported to where it is required. It is designed for home care, for travelling and easy storage. The Molift Smart is foldable in one piece without using any tools.Low weight and unique constructionDue to its low weight, the small footprint and the unique construction, Molift Smart 150 is easy to manoeuvre even in narrow spaces.Comfortable and safe transferThe hoisting range of 27 – 168 cm (10.6” – 66.1”) provides an excellent maximum hoisting height and at the same time gets very low, facilitating hoisting from the floor. Standard 4-point sling bar ensures a comfortable and spacious hoisting position for the user.Molift Smart 150 has been awarded for Design Excellence by the Norwegian Design Council.Features4-point sling bar - Standard 4-point sling bar ensures comfortable and more spacious hoisting position for the user.Foldable without tools - Designed for homecare and travelling.SpecificationsService Software - IncludedMaterial - Aluminium, SteelTotal weight - 26Kg (57 lbs)Weight Limit - 150Kg (330 lbs)Weight when seperated - Part 1: 13Kg (28.6 lbs) - Part 2: 13Kg (28.6 lbs)Length - 1200mm (47.2")Leg height - 110mm (4.4")Width chassis/legs outer - 660mm (25.9")Width open legs inner - 925mm (36.4")Dimiensions folded - 1160 x 475 x 360mm (45.32" x 18.7" x 14")Hoisting height - 270-1665mm (10.6"-66.1")Hoisting Interval 1410mm (55.5")Battery - NiMH 14.4V - 2.2ah Item no. 0541000Battery charge time - Approx. 3 HoursHoisting Speed - 60mm/sec (2.4"/sec)Rated performance - 40 hoists at: 75kg and 50cm (165 lbs and 19.5")Cleaning Instructsions - Use pH-neutral cleaning agents. If disinfection is required, use isopropyl alcohol. Do not use abrasive or corrosive substance for cleaning.Special Price £1,919.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,618.69Save: £698.74
- Oxford In-Situ Sling - Large Item Code: MS31252FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the largest Oxford In-Situ Sling in a range of 3 available sizes designed for user weighing 80 kgs to 136 kgs (12.5 stone to 21.5 stone).Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £99.95Save: £20.00
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Yellow (70 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25906Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Yellow Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 27.5 x 27.5" (70 x 70cm)Express Delivery Available£8.69 with VAT Relief
- Side Wedges - Additional Pair Of Bed Wedges Item Code: MS21399Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£33.39 with VAT Relief
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)£17.49 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Small Item Code: MS31251FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This small sized Oxford Stand Aid Sling is designed to be used in conjunction with all Oxford Stand Aids to assist users that can still bear their own weight.
- Oxford Quickfit Sling Item Code: MS31237FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the medium sized Oxford Quick Fit Sling that has been designed to provide the user with optimum comfort when transferring whilst also ensuring ease of use for the carer.
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Birdie Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS23500FREE ShippingNow providing patients with care, safety and dignity is much easier with the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist, this unit allows for easy patient lifting and handling with intuitive and sensitive controls that alleviate potential strains and injury when patients need lifting or moving in confined spaces. This robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools. With health and safety high on the agenda in the professional care environment, this hoist performs superbly on all levels. The innovative hoist design reduces the risk of injury as the patient’s knees are not close to the actuator, rotation is also easy with the high boom arm and ergonomic design.Features: Allows for easy and safe lifting, with great comfort Simple operation, reduces risk of strain or injury Foldable, portable, moves with ease Robustly manufactured for daily intensive use Rotate the patient 360° with ease and comfort Up to 40 full lifts between battery charges Suitable right up to 150KG users Comes with full manufacturer’s warranty Specification Max. overall length (base): 1000mm Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm Internal Width, legs open: 890mm External Width, Legs closed: 530mm Turning Circle: 1070mm Ground Clearance: 100mm Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36Kg Folded Length: 1130mm Folded Width: 535mm Folded Height: 365mmSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.99Save: £370.04
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.29 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Large Item Code: MS31250FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This large Oxford Deluxe Stand Aid Stand Aid Sling has been designed to assist users that can still bear their own weight and for use with Oxford Stand Aids.
- Oxford Quickfit Sling - Small Item Code: MS31247FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the smallest Oxford Quickfit sling in the range of three available sizes. Featuring a unique shaped design enables the sling to be fitted quickly and easily behind the patient.
- Oxford Quickfit Sling - Large Item Code: MS31246FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Quick Fit Slings are available in a range of three sizes with the being the largest size, designed for users weighing 80 kgs - 136 kgs (12.6 stone - 21 stone).
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Medium Item Code: MS31243FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Stand Aid Slings are designed to assist those users that are still able to bear their own weight, this is the medium sized sling that is suitable for use on all Oxford Stand Aids.
- Economy Slide Sheet Item Code: MS30932Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Extremely durable and completely reusable, this 710mm (28 Inches) wide version offers a substantial width making it suitable for a wide variety of different transfers.Express Delivery Available£7.99 with VAT Relief
- Turn Easy Sheet - Fitted Single (200 x 90cm) Item Code: MS26839FREE ShippingTurn Easy Sheet - Fitted Single (200 x 90cm) Satin (Full At Foot End) The action of turning in bed can sometimes be difficult but with the help of this new FITTED SHEET with a centre panel of low friction satin, things are different. Getting in and out of bed is also easier. The sides and foot end are made of good quality material to help you from slipping off the edge of the bed and give a certain amount of grip to aid movement. For the less able, there is an optional draw sheet. It has a satin underside and remains in place for the patient to lie on. The two low friction surfaces working together enable a CARER to turn/roll or move the patient up or down the bed. This is accomplished without handling them, thereby facilitating anti-pressure practice where regular turning is required, the long (2 metre) draw sheet can be firmly tucked in ready for the next move. It has been found that because the system is permanently in place there is no searching for a slide sheet, or worse, doing without altogether.Using these sheets is as compliant with tissue viability requirements as it is with moving and handling procedure. Both products are made in our factory in the UK and are fully hot washable.They are found to be very useful, not only in hospitals and nursing homes, but also in domestic situations.The ease of turning takes the strain off the carer’s back.Size: 200 x 90cmSatin: Full At Foot End£52.29 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Smart Slide Sheets - Navy Blue 75 x 70cm (29.5 x 28") Item Code: MS23475Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mobility Smart Slide Sheets - Navy Blue Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 75 x 70cm (29.5 x 28")Express Delivery Available
- Poz 'in' Form Vinyl Cover Lateral Potioning Cushion - Grey (73x31.5x7") Item Code: MS24535FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£80.79 with VAT Relief
- ETAC Patient Turner Pro Item Code: MS31473FREE ShippingThe ETAC Patient Turner Pro boasts an innovative design that provides safe patient turning with standing support making it ideal for use in both care and home environments.Special Price £249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £315.09Save: £65.14
- Oxford Transport Sling - Large Item Code: MS31248FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the largest Oxford Transport Sling in a range of slings suitable for use with Oxford Hoists and Stand Aids.
- Oxford Transport Sling Item Code: MS31245FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Transport Slings are available in three different sizes, with this being the medium sized version, this range of slings are suitable for use with Oxford Hoists and Stand Aids.
- Molift Evo Sling High Back - Padded Item Code: MS31074FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This medium sized Molift Evo Sling - High Back Padded is a full body support sling made of polyester material with additional padded that not only provides extreme comfort but is also breathable and dries quickly.Express Delivery Available£111.39 with VAT Relief
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Safety Raiser Strap Item Code: MS30125FREE Shipping£43.89 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section