We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Items 1-40 of 293
- Birdie Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS23500FREE ShippingNow providing patients with care, safety and dignity is much easier with the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist, this unit allows for easy patient lifting and handling with intuitive and sensitive controls that alleviate potential strains and injury when patients need lifting or moving in confined spaces. This robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools. With health and safety high on the agenda in the professional care environment, this hoist performs superbly on all levels. The innovative hoist design reduces the risk of injury as the patient’s knees are not close to the actuator, rotation is also easy with the high boom arm and ergonomic design.Features: Allows for easy and safe lifting, with great comfort Simple operation, reduces risk of strain or injury Foldable, portable, moves with ease Robustly manufactured for daily intensive use Rotate the patient 360° with ease and comfort Up to 40 full lifts between battery charges Suitable right up to 150KG users Comes with full manufacturer’s warranty Specification Max. overall length (base): 1000mm Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm Internal Width, legs open: 890mm External Width, Legs closed: 530mm Turning Circle: 1070mm Ground Clearance: 100mm Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36Kg Folded Length: 1130mm Folded Width: 535mm Folded Height: 365mmSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £999.99Save: £370.04
- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE Shipping
The Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is widely used and recommended by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts as a key piece of emergency equipment.Special Price £1,079.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,511.59Save: £431.64
- Invacare Reliant 350 Stand Aid Item Code: MS24493FREE ShippingThe Reliant 350 has a maximum weight limit of 158 kg (25 stone), allows for additional support whilst transferring to and from a sitting position, preventing unnecessary strain on both patient and carer.Special Price £769.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,085.39Save: £315.44
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,744.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,475.39Save: £730.44
- Casa Lift Hoist Item Code: MS26614FREE ShippingCasa Lift HoistEasy manoeuvrability and access due to four castors and wide leg width adjustment Lightweight frame is easy to move into position, allowing the user to achieve a lower lifting position from the floor. Compact for easy access through domestic doorways. High lifting range and safe working load for greater versatility and maximum flexibility. Ergonomic, user friendly handset features patient lifting symbols for easy identification, as well as recessed buttons to reduce the chance of unintended operation if the handset is dropped. Handset features a magnetic back, making it easy to secure to the hoist for added safety. Actuator features emergency lowering function, which is easier to control than a traditional quick release actuator and harder to misuse. Exchangeable cable which allows for cable damage to be rectified by replacing just the cable, rather than the whole actuator.m Control box features emergency stop and lowering functions, as well as an acoustic low battery alarm which emits an alert at 50% battery level. Easily dismantled for transportation and storage. All components are interchangeable.SpecificationsLength: 45" (115cm)Height: 72" (183cm)Closed width: 23" (59cm)Open Width: 46" (116cm)Lifting Range: 18.5 - 72" (47 - 183cm)Weight: 77lbs (35kg)Weight Capacity: 28stone (180kg)£783.99 with VAT Relief
- Ambulance Chair - 2 Wheel Item Code: MS27599FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Suitable for manoeuvring patients in a confined space. Folds flat for storage and transportation. Plastic coated steel construction. Wipe clean upholstery – flame retardant. Anti-tipping adjustment assemblies. 10cm solid tyred wheels. Safety lap strap. Seat width is 34cm. Length when folded flat is 117cm. Depth when folded flat is 39cm.
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery Available£26.69 with VAT Relief
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery Available£13.89 with VAT Relief
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery Available£17.49 with VAT Relief
- Curved Transfer Board Item Code: MS11128FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Homecraft Curved Transfer Board is designed to enable people with limited strength and mobility to assist with functional transfers. The board is ideal for car, bed, chair and toilet transfers, facilitating independence with safety. The arc shape not only enables a variety of positioning options, but also allows for the natural sweeping pattern of an assisted transfer. For increased stability and security the Homecraft Curved Transfer Board has two non-slip pads on the base of the board. Wipes clean easily for infection control purposes.Length: 71cm (27.5")Width: 37cm (14.5")Weight: 1.95kgExpress Delivery Available£37.69 with VAT Relief
- EasyLife Fleece Cover Turning Cushion - White (15x2") Item Code: MS27978This specially designed Deluxe Revolving Car Seat provides invaluable help when getting in and out of your car. The fleece covered foam padded seat is mounted on a ball-bearing turntable that allows comfortable rotation of your body through 90 degrees. The 38cm (15”) cushion has a removable fleece cover that is fully washable and made of fire retardant material. Max weight 100kg.£16.79 with VAT Relief
- Small Bed Wedge Item Code: MS18502Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£22.79 with VAT Relief
- Side Wedges - Additional Pair Of Bed Wedges Item Code: MS21399FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£33.39 with VAT Relief
- Short Transfer Board Item Code: MS10833Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Short Transfer BoardThese transfer boards are made from top quality birch plywood.They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers.The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 24" X 8 1/2" (600mm X 215mm)Weight: 1230gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery Available£14.69 with VAT Relief
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Secure Turn Patient Turner Item Code: MS12883FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Secure Turn Patient Turner This patient turner is ideal for transferring individuals where mobility is restricted between beds, chairs & wheelchairs. Features a secure locking device which is hand operated to enable the carer to rotate at any desired position whilst controlling the turn speed at the same time. Stable & easily manoeuvred, the high tensile steel unit is fitted with two rubber castors for easy portability.DimensionsWidth between arms: 43cm (17")Height to patient handles: 76cm (30")Height to carer handles: 99cm (39")Width: 66cm (26")Depth: 68cm (27")Disc Diameter: 45cm (18")Weight: 17KgsMax Use: 190kgs (30St)Note: This item is special order please allow 7-14 working days for delivery.Express Delivery Available£324.79 with VAT Relief
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.29 with VAT Relief
- Panda Transfer Board Curved Item Code: MS27935FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 66cm (26")Width 35m (13.75")
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red (150 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25908Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 59 x 27.5" (150 x 70cm)Express Delivery Available£16.39 with VAT Relief
- Shine Smooth Fabric Cover Turning Ring Cushion - Navy (16x4") Item Code: MS16531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Provides easy rotation in 360°Donut Shape form cushion fits the hip to reduce the pressure when sitting. Distributes weight evenly and help maintain the correct pose when sitting. Includes a washable cover and non slip sheetExpress Delivery Available£22.59 with VAT Relief
- Kozee Komforts Easy Turn Cushion - Black (14x1.5") Item Code: MS12634FREE Shipping
This turntable is made all the more comfortable by the 1" thick high density foam cushion.£35.69 with VAT Relief
- Samsoft 150 Patient Hoist Item Code: MS29730FREE ShippingThe Samsoft 150 Patient Hoist enables fast and secure patient lifting, even when in enclosed spaces. This superbly designed hoist gives excellent performance and is equally suited to professional use in hospitals and care homes, as it is in the domestic setting. The compact design of the Samsoft 150 also allows it to be easily manoeuvred through doorways so making for efficient use for busy workloads. When not in use, the Samsoft 150 stores vertically for extra space saving and also comes with Low clearance for easy access when being used underneath beds. This electrically operated hoist has manual pedals so is very easy to control for the hoist operator with simple and intuitive controls. This allows for the chassis legs to be opened with ease and wheeled around a chair. It adds up to a very easy to use hoist that will give great day in, day out performance. The Samsoft 150 also has Colour coded brake castors so not only does it do its job perfectly, it also looks great as well and fits into virtually all ward or home colours schemes. This item qualifies for our free delivery and we provide fast UK wide delivery straight to your home or professional workplace. Features Compact design for easy manoeuvring Folds for vertical storage Manual pedals to open chassis legs with ease Low clearance for easy access underneath beds Compact design enables it to be manoeuvred easily in small spaces and through doorways Can be vertically stored away when not in use Electrically operated hoist has manual pedals, enabling the chassis legs to be opened with ease and wheeled around a chair Quality Dewert control system On / Off board charging system Low clearance, easy access underneath beds Charger holder Colour coded brake castors Specifications Lift range: 64 - 170cm Chassis length: 89cm Chassis width overall: 56cm Chassis width internal: 45 - 79cm Chassis height: 9cm Max user weight: 150kg£837.69 with VAT Relief
- Invacare Universal Standard Sling - Medium (Polyester) Item Code: MS24555FREE ShippingSupports the whole body; including the shoulders. This sling should only be used for those who have good head control. The Universal Standard sling is often preferred as an all-round sling for the elderly, as it supports the entire body and gives the client a feeling of comfort as well as an unobstructed view. This sling can be used for seated to seated transfers and is easy to apply. This model also has a stiffened fabric in the back section, to ensure optimal weight distribution and comfort for the client.Made from Solid Polyester a standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.Medium Size (Note: Also available in Small, Medium, Large & X Large)Dimension A: 1090mmDimension B: 1050mmDimension C: 560mmDimension D: 480mmNote: Max user weight is 40 - 90Kgs£75.59 with VAT Relief
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS12308FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.This bed wedge has had over whelming demand from acid reflux (GERD / GORD) Oesophagitis (hiatal hernia) Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, hiatus hernia & heart burn sufferers with many amazon reviews supporting the benefit of this product. This bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeExpress Delivery Available£60.19 with VAT Relief
- Swivel Seat Item Code: MS10841Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swivel Seat is an invaluable car mobility aid for use when transferring both to and from a car, the Swivel Seat boasts luxuriously warm and comfortable fleece upper, generous foam padding and a base that turns easily to allow the user to get in or out of seats with ease.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.59Save: £1.64
- Backfriend CarryCase Item Code: MS28812Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Panda Transfer Board 24" Item Code: MS27933This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 61cm (24")Width 21m (8.25")£21.59 with VAT Relief
- Turn Easy Sheet - 4 Way drawsheet (200 x 145cm) Item Code: MS26842FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Turn Easy Sheet - 4 Way drawsheet (200 x 145cm) The action of turning in bed can sometimes be difficult but with the help of this new FITTED SHEET with a centre panel of low friction satin, things are different. Getting in and out of bed is also easier. The sides and foot end are made of good quality material to help you from slipping off the edge of the bed and give a certain amount of grip to aid movement. For the less able, there is an optional draw sheet. It has a satin underside and remains in place for the patient to lie on. The two low friction surfaces working together enable a CARER to turn/roll or move the patient up or down the bed. This is accomplished without handling them, thereby facilitating anti-pressure practice where regular turning is required, the long (2 metre) draw sheet can be firmly tucked in ready for the next move. It has been found that because the system is permanently in place there is no searching for a slide sheet, or worse, doing without altogether.Using these sheets is as compliant with tissue viability requirements as it is with moving and handling procedure. Both products are made in our factory in the UK and are fully hot washable.They are found to be very useful, not only in hospitals and nursing homes, but also in domestic situations.The ease of turning takes the strain off the carer’s back. Size: 200 x 145cmExpress Delivery Available£103.49 with VAT Relief
- S.U.P.A Wide Slide Sheet - Box 100 Item Code: MS25952FREE ShippingThe S.U.P.A SLiDE standard is designed for multi-use with the same patient and to be disposed of when soiled or no longer required by that patient. The S.U.P.A SLIDE is provided on a roll of a hundred sheets, in a box that acts as a dispenser, ready to use, in pairs, one on top of the other, or singly, by simply folding in half to form a tube.Over the last 10 years, slide sheets have become invaluable for repositioning a patient in bed without the need to lift, significantly reducing the risk of back injuries in staff carrying out patient handling tasks.With the increasing incidence of MRSA, CDIF, and emphasis on infection control, as well as issues relating to laundering and ownership of slide sheets, Select Healthcare has developed the ultimate slide sheet -the S.U.P.A SLIDE.Low price eachExtreme low friction surface gives high performance slideEliminates the need to liftPromotes infection controlSize: 200 x 100cmQty Per Box: 100Select • Universal • Positioning • AidThe S.U.P.A SLiDE is designed for multi-use with the same patient and to be disposed of when soiled or no longer required by that patient. The S.U.P.A SLIDE is provided on a roll of a hundred sheets, in a box that acts as a dispenser, ready to use, in pairs, one on top of the other, or singly, by simply folding in half to form a tube£176.69 with VAT Relief
- Shine Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15.5x2") Item Code: MS16529Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Half 30° Positioning Wedge – Right Item Code: MS28509FREE ShippingThe Half 30° Positioning Wedge – Right, is a positioning wedge made from memory foam and a high resilience insert that enables the user to be supported in a 30° position.Supports the lower limb at the thigh level:Contributes to relieving pressure on the sacrum area by transferring support to low risk zonesEnhances patient comfort by avoiding rotation of the vertebral column, contributing to more effective useLowers pressure on the pelvic areaPrevents contact between the kneesHollowed out at the sacrum area:Relieves pressure on he risk zoneReduces painful contactIncreases efficiency of the 30° positionThis positioning provides the user with relief on the sacrum area which otherwise can also generate pains in the dorsal decubitus position.Size: 99 x 55 x 15cm£144.79 with VAT Relief
- Poz 'In' Form Pressure Relief Heel Cushion - Grey (19x12x4.75") Item Code: MS24541This cushion contributes to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel area tolow-risk zones (calves and knees). The heel is completely off the mattress and the weight of the lower leg is distributed evenly across the cushion. It holds the ankles in proper position and leads to a better blood circulation. Its size allows pressure relief on the Achilles’ heel.£23.29 with VAT Relief
- Simple Webbed Handling Belt Item Code: MS23852Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£8.39 with VAT Relief
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code: MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery Available£14.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section