We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Items 1-40 of 294
- Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS30890Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Evacuation Sheet has been specially designed for use in emergencies where a patient needs to be transferred from a bed to a chair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £43.09Save: £6.14
- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mangar are a manufacturer known for developing superb patient lifting equipment, so much so that the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,149.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,495.99Save: £346.04
- Invacare ISA Stand Assist Item Code: MS31104FREE ShippingThe Invacare ISA Stand Assist is a standing hoist that has been specially designed to support active transfers for people who have some weight bearing ability, but are unable to raise themselves into a standing position unaided.Special Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,548.89Save: £748.94
- Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist Item Code: MS31088FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The all new Invacare Birdie Evo Compact Folding Hoist has been designed to provide maximum comfort and security when lifting or transferring a patient to or from a bed, chair or even the floor.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £639.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £840.39Save: £200.44
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,475.39Save: £575.44
- Ambulance Chair - 2 Wheel Item Code: MS27599FREE ShippingSuitable for manoeuvring patients in a confined space. Folds flat for storage and transportation. Plastic coated steel construction. Wipe clean upholstery – flame retardant. Anti-tipping adjustment assemblies. 10cm solid tyred wheels. Safety lap strap. Seat width is 34cm. Length when folded flat is 117cm. Depth when folded flat is 39cm.
- Casa Lift Hoist Item Code: MS26614FREE ShippingCasa Lift HoistEasy manoeuvrability and access due to four castors and wide leg width adjustment Lightweight frame is easy to move into position, allowing the user to achieve a lower lifting position from the floor. Compact for easy access through domestic doorways. High lifting range and safe working load for greater versatility and maximum flexibility. Ergonomic, user friendly handset features patient lifting symbols for easy identification, as well as recessed buttons to reduce the chance of unintended operation if the handset is dropped. Handset features a magnetic back, making it easy to secure to the hoist for added safety. Actuator features emergency lowering function, which is easier to control than a traditional quick release actuator and harder to misuse. Exchangeable cable which allows for cable damage to be rectified by replacing just the cable, rather than the whole actuator.m Control box features emergency stop and lowering functions, as well as an acoustic low battery alarm which emits an alert at 50% battery level. Easily dismantled for transportation and storage. All components are interchangeable.SpecificationsLength: 45" (115cm)Height: 72" (183cm)Closed width: 23" (59cm)Open Width: 46" (116cm)Lifting Range: 18.5 - 72" (47 - 183cm)Weight: 77lbs (35kg)Weight Capacity: 28stone (180kg)£833.99 with VAT Relief
- Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist Item Code: MS31236FREE ShippingThe Oxford Advance Electric Mobile Hoist is a highly versatile mobile hoist that is ideal for home use or in small care institutions where space is at a premium.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,563.89Save: £163.94
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Economy Slide Sheet - Long Item Code: MS30929Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ensuring the highest possible levels of hygiene and convenience, this Slide Sheet is machine washable and fully reusable; for additional hygiene, the material has an anti-bacterial finish helping to manage infection control.Express Delivery Available£7.99 with VAT Relief
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery Available£10.09 with VAT Relief
- Side Wedges - Additional Pair Of Bed Wedges Item Code: MS21399Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.39 with VAT Relief
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery Available£26.69 with VAT Relief
- Oxford In-Situ Sling Item Code: MS31239FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Oxford In-Situ Sling is ideal for those that spend prolonged periods of time in the sling.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £99.95Save: £20.00
- Banana Board Item Code: MS25561Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Banana Board Prime takes on the features of the patented Q2 Board but is slightly smaller to appeal to the general population and paediatric market.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £36.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £49.59Save: £12.64
- Oxford In-Situ Sling - Small Item Code: MS31253FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Oxford In-Situ Sling is manufactured using a breathable polyester to ensure extreme levels of comfort for the user.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £99.95Save: £20.00
- Shine Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15.5x2") Item Code: MS16529Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery Available£24.39 with VAT Relief
- Transfer Belt Item Code: MS10846Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer BeltThis belt assists nursing personnel to lift patients from beds, chairs or wheelchairs enabling them to move a short distance. The belt covers the patients hips and is secured by the velcro strap.FeaturesThis economy Transfer Belt is ideal for short distance transfers.Four webbed handle grips provide safety when transferring.The belt is adjusted and buckled round the patients waist, enabling the carer to reach the handles.DimensionsPad Size: 14 x 74cm (5.1/2 x 29")Velcro Strap Length: 74cm (29")Weight: 205g.Will fit waist sizes: 71-102cm (28-40")Max user weight: 95kgsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £29.95Save: £20.00
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.29 with VAT Relief
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Blue (120 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25907Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - BlueOur range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 47 x 27.5" (120 x 70cm)Express Delivery Available£13.39 with VAT Relief
- Swivel Seat Item Code: MS10841Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swivel Seat is an invaluable car mobility aid for use when transferring both to and from a car, the Swivel Seat boasts luxuriously warm and comfortable fleece upper, generous foam padding and a base that turns easily to allow the user to get in or out of seats with ease.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.59Save: £1.64
- Lateral Transfer Slide - 185cm X 65cm Item Code: MS24281FREE ShippingThe Lateral Transfer Slide has a smooth surface and non-slip base allowing a patient to be moved from one surface to another without the need to be lifted. Used in conjunction with the Transfer Sheet, correct posture during the transfer is maintained. The Lateral Transfer Slide has tapered edges to allow for easy insertion and removal.Size: 185 x 65cm£209.99 with VAT Relief
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Yellow (70 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25906Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Yellow Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 27.5 x 27.5" (70 x 70cm)Express Delivery Available£8.89 with VAT Relief
- Poz 'In' Form Pressure Relief Heel Cushion - Grey (19x12x4.75") Item Code: MS24541Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This cushion contributes to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel area tolow-risk zones (calves and knees). The heel is completely off the mattress and the weight of the lower leg is distributed evenly across the cushion. It holds the ankles in proper position and leads to a better blood circulation. Its size allows pressure relief on the Achilles’ heel.Express Delivery Available£29.09 with VAT Relief
- Paediatric Changing Table - Hydraulic Item Code: MS12842FREE ShippingThe Changing Table is exceptionally durable, secure and easy to manoeuvre, and boasts a hydraulic lifting mechanism. The hydraulic lifting takes all the effort out of lifting and height adjustment and ensures a safe working height, therefore reducing the risk of back injury to the care giver.Special Price £1,039.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,396.09Save: £356.14
- Small Bed Wedge Item Code: MS18502Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£23.49 with VAT Relief
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code: MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery Available£14.99 with VAT Relief
- Cricket II Patient Transfer Aid Item Code: MS31579FREE ShippingThe Cricket II represents real value for money and is a highly versatile Patient Transfer Aid that combines the functionality of both a stand aid hoist and a patient turner.Special Price £999.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,295.00Save: £295.05
- ETAC Patient Turner Pro Item Code: MS31473FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The ETAC Patient Turner Pro boasts an innovative design that provides safe patient turning with standing support making it ideal for use in both care and home environments.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £315.09Save: £65.14
- Oxford Transport Sling Item Code: MS31245FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Transport Slings are available in three different sizes, with this being the medium sized version, this range of slings are suitable for use with Oxford Hoists and Stand Aids.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £74.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £77.29Save: £2.34
- Oxford Stand Aid Sling - Medium Item Code: MS31243FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Oxford Stand Aid Slings are designed to assist those users that are still able to bear their own weight, this is the medium sized sling that is suitable for use on all Oxford Stand Aids.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £74.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £77.29Save: £2.34
- Molift Evo Sling High Back - Padded Item Code: MS31074FREE ShippingThis medium sized Molift Evo Sling - High Back Padded is a full body support sling made of polyester material with additional padded that not only provides extreme comfort but is also breathable and dries quickly.£111.39 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section