Shoprider Mobility Scooters
- Shoprider Cordoba Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG13238FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Cordoba Mobility Scooter is a beautifully styled heavy-duty scooter that is available in both black or red depending on the user's preference.Was:From Special Price £2,895.95 with VAT Relief£3,795.95Save:£900.00
- Shoprider Cadiz Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS13233FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Cadiz Mobility Scooter boasts a modern design and whole host of features often found on much bigger machines, making this the perfect Mobility Scooter for anyone who likes to get out and about.Special Price £1,895.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,399.95Save: £504.00
- Shoprider Paris Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS13219FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Paris Mobility Scooter is a very handy, compact scooter, that is packed with tons of features often found on larger scooters, and it can be quickly and easily dismantled for storage and transportation.Special Price £1,249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,495.95Save: £246.00
- Shoprider Traveso Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS21793FREE ShippingThe Traveso offers all the benefits of the Shoprider - but taking things one step further with a fully enclosed, rust proof cab. The doors on this model are fully lockable, there are headlights and rear indicators making this model fully road worthy- and in all weathers! No more concerns about inclement weather spoiling your plans – you really have no such concerns with the Traveso. The wide profile wheels and non-marking pneumatic tyres make this a very comfortable journey. The benefits which contribute to the roadworthiness of this model include windscreen wipers and washers and wing mirrors- meaning you really are fully functional whilst out on the roads. There is even the handy addition of a horn to warn others of your approach. The captain seat on the Traveso is fully padded and adjustable and there is a high low speed switch. There is a maximum user weight on the Traveso which is 35 stones and the range on the model is 10-20 miles- this can be affected by passenger weight, type of terrain and battery condition- but we are sure that you will agree- there is a good range on the Traveso- and you will arrive in true comfort with this model- irrespective of the weather! Features Fully enclosed rust proof cab Headlights Rear indicators Fully road worthy Excellent suspension *Passenger weight, ground conditions, temperature and battery condition/size can affect distance of travel.Special Price £6,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £6,999.95Save: £600.00
- Shoprider Perrero Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS13227FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Perrero has the following features Full suspension Captains seat - Lockable four position swivel Forward, back and height adjustable seat High backrest - adjustable angle and fold down Full light set Indicators Horn High/low speed switch Dual position armrest option designed to move with the seat or remain fixed on seat frame Narrow profile wheels for easier steering Adjustable tiller (five angle positions) Height and width adjustable arms Flip-up padded armrests Anti-tippers Basket Wing mirror *Passenger weight, ground conditions, temperature and battery condition/size can affect distance of travelSpecial Price £1,499.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,735.89Save: £235.90
- Shoprider Cadiz Mobility Scooter - Red Item Code: MS13234FREE ShippingThis modern and elegantly designed Shoprider Cadiz Mobility Scooter is finished in a luxurious red and comes with a wide range of features often associated with much bigger Mobility Scooters.Special Price £1,895.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,199.99Save: £304.04
- Shoprider Sovereign Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS12172FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Sovereign Mobility Scooter is exceptionally durable and robust mobility scooter that features a classic design. To ensure an extremely smooth and stable ride the Shoprider Sovereign is fitted with all round suspension and large pneumatic tyres.Special Price £1,299.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,999.95Save: £700.00
- Shoprider Mikra Portable Mobility Scooter - Red Item Code: MS28462FREE ShippingThe Shoprider Mikra Portable Mobility Scooter is available in two different colours with this being the Red version.Special Price £574.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £895.00Save: £320.05Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section