Beds & Bed Aids
Items 1-40 of 417
- Medley Ergo Hospital Bed Item Code: MS24869FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Medley Ergo: cost effective patient care The Medley Ergo range from Invacare offers the perfect balance between budget, functionality and quality requirements. The fours sectionedprofiling mattress support allows for a range of height combinations, providing an ideal position for the carer and comfort for the client. The newly optimised mattress platform sections reduce shear and friction when the bed is being adjusted and prevents the client from sliding downwards.Optimised dimensions of the mattress platform The mattress platform sections boast optimal dimensions designed in accordance with anthroprometric statistics and pressure mapping recommendations. The Medley Ergo range offers: Increased comfort when sitting Reduced shear and friction Minimised risk of sliding downwards during profiling Also suitable for shorter clients Improved functionality and efficiency The Invacare Medley Ergo range has been specially designed for quick transportation to meet the needs of the transient working environments of Community Care provision. The Medley Ergo can be supplied on a transporter kit so the bed can easily be moved and installed. In addition, any assembling can be done without the use of tools or technicians.Height is no longer an issue The flexible design of the Medley Ergo range allows the bed to be mounted at a low height, or a higher position if preferred, creating a range of working heights for the carer and transfer heights for the client. This is facilitated by the unique feature of the bed end, which enables the mattress support to be mounted in both upper and lower positions. Homely design The Medley Ergo Select offers an attractive, homely design. Also available as a retro-fit to the Medley Ergo and Medley Ergo Low, this aesthetic bed end cover fits with precision onto the bed actuators and can be removed at any time. The leg supports are equipped with a Rastofix to enable individual positioning for the legs. Medley Ergo Select can easily be dismantled and stored, using a transport adapter for moving and storage.Specifications Overall Width: 1020mm Overall Length: 2240mm Height Adjustment: 400 - 800mm Max user Weight: 145Kgs (23St)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £674.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.95Save: £325.00
- Casa Nuova 4 Low Community Bed Item Code: MS32528FREE ShippingThis Casa Nuova Low Profiling Bed is an exceptionally robust and reliable bed is that features a strong tubular metal frame making it longer lasting for the Community market.Special Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.95Save: £200.00
- EasyFit Plus Bed Rail Item Code: MS32287FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Easyfit Plus Bed Rail is available in two different sizes, with this being the smaller of the two. This Bed Rail is exceptionally modern and stylish and has been designed to provide maximum levels of support for users when getting into and out of bed.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £139.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £149.95Save: £10.00
- Easi-riser Overbed Table - Tilting Top & Wheelchair Base - Replacement Castor Only x1 Item Code: MS31949Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Easi-riser Overbed Table - Tilting Top & Wheelchair Base - Replacement Castor Only x1Express Delivery Available£5.09 with VAT Relief
- Crash Mat Item Code: MS31018Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bedside Crash Mat is designed for use with low beds to help reduce the risk of users injuring themselves should they fall out of bed.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £36.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £50.49Save: £13.54
- TruBliss Washable Pillow Item Code: MS31024Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This TruBliss Washable Pillow is the ideal solution for a user who spends long periods of time in bed.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £15.71Save: £4.26
- V Shaped Pillow Item Code: MS30933Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This V Shaped Pillow is a luxuriously soft pillow that represents exceptional value for money as it required no laundering thanks to its wipe clean surface.Express Delivery Available£23.29 with VAT Relief
- Waterproof Duvet - Single Bed Item Code: MS30931Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Single Bed Duvet is fluid-proof, latex free and made of breathable fabric which gives it a natural look and feel.Express Delivery Available£18.89 with VAT Relief
- Wipe Clean Value Pillow - White Item Code: MS30884Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.59 with VAT Relief
- Bed Rail Protectors - Full Length Item Code: MS30883FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Our durable, foam filled pair of bed rail protectors are designed to be fixed in place to protect residents. The simple wipe clean, fluid proof surface, with hook & loop fastenings ensures ease of attachment and maintenance. All of our bed rail protectors have been specifically designed for use on healthcare beds, including profiling beds. Flame Retardant to British Standard BS 7177. Size: 87 x 198cm Sold as a pairExpress Delivery Available£72.19 with VAT Relief
- UTS Air Pressure Mattress System - Replacement Cover Item Code: MS30536FREE Shipping£231.89 with VAT Relief
- Royal Rest Orthopedic Pillow Maxi - Replacement Case (Velour) (Fits Memory Foam) Item Code: MS26644Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Kauma Spring Assisted Overbed Table - Spare H Bracket With Wheels Item Code: MS25832Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£19.99 with VAT Relief
- SuperPole With SuperBar Item Code: MS30096FREE ShippingThe SuperPole with SuperBar provides horizontal, as well as vertical support, for extra stability. It moves smoothly when lifted and locks securely when let down. The SuperBar locks every 45° and is height adjustable. Available as and add on accessory to the SuperPole or as a complete unit. Complete unit with SuperPole: Length 2.44m (96"). Diameter 63mm (2½"). Weight 11kg. Accessory: Length 533mm (21"). Weight 3.2kg. Maximum user weight: 136kg/21¼st.£475.49 with VAT Relief
- SmitCare Bed Bar Item Code: MS29477Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.A practical supporting grab bar to benefit the frail and unstable. The bar height is adjustable for the comfort and stability of the user. The large wooden base slides between the bed base and mattress. The inverted ‘T’ safety bar eliminates the risk of entrapment. Supplied with fitting straps which locate around the bed base securing the Bed Bar to the bed.Max User Weight: 140kg (22st)Express Delivery Available£31.69 with VAT Relief
- MT230 Matress Topper PU Cover Item Code: MS29345FREE ShippingHave you forgotten what it feels like to spend the night in a comfortable bed? Is your mattress giving you problems, even at a very early stage after buying it? These common problems can be solved thanks to AiroSpring’s Pressure Relief Mattress Topper, available to buy today. The Microclimat ™ Pressure Relief Mattress Topper gives any bed that extra bit of comfort that you need to get you happily snoozing once again. The product is created in a way that only we can manufacture as it makes use of our exclusively patented Spacer technology. 3D knitted fabric offers a far superior sleeping surface over alternative toppers, including memory foam varieties, allowing you to look forward to going to bed. AiroSpring has worked in close collaboration with leading experts from The University of Bolton in the technical and medical textiles field to produce the perfect companion for domestic, vehicle and camping beds. Be it a full night’s sleep or a quick nap, this product will ensure that you go to sleep and wake up as cosy as possible. To give your bed that luxurious feel you’ve been craving look no further than this sleep saving item. Generously packed with a thickness of 2.5cm, the added comfort is sure to get you well on your way to the slumber you’ve been daydreaming about.Size: 195 x 88 x 2.6cmPU Cover£255.99 with VAT Relief
- MT230 Matress Topper Item Code: MS29344FREE ShippingHave you forgotten what it feels like to spend the night in a comfortable bed? Is your mattress giving you problems, even at a very early stage after buying it? These common problems can be solved thanks to AiroSpring’s Pressure Relief Mattress Topper, available to buy today. The Microclimat ™ Pressure Relief Mattress Topper gives any bed that extra bit of comfort that you need to get you happily snoozing once again. The product is created in a way that only we can manufacture as it makes use of our exclusively patented Spacer technology. 3D knitted fabric offers a far superior sleeping surface over alternative toppers, including memory foam varieties, allowing you to look forward to going to bed. AiroSpring has worked in close collaboration with leading experts from The University of Bolton in the technical and medical textiles field to produce the perfect companion for domestic, vehicle and camping beds. Be it a full night’s sleep or a quick nap, this product will ensure that you go to sleep and wake up as cosy as possible. To give your bed that luxurious feel you’ve been craving look no further than this sleep saving item. Generously packed with a thickness of 2.5cm, the added comfort is sure to get you well on your way to the slumber you’ve been daydreaming about.Size: 195 x 88 x 2.6cm£187.09 with VAT Relief
- Rise & Fall Overbed Table (B43) - Replacement Castor (PK1) Item Code: MS25029Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£3.79 with VAT Relief
- Cot Bumpers For Rail For Profiling Bed - Standard Folding Rail (3 Bar) (MS29144) Item Code: MS29147FREE Shipping£150.89 with VAT Relief
- Rail For Profiling Bed - High Folding Rail (4 Bar) Item Code: MS29145FREE ShippingExtra High rail folds down flat for ease of transfer, one piece rail and clamp.Easy to clean powder coated steel tube, fully compliant to BS standardsTo ensure the rail is correctly fitted, all Casa Med low beds without integral rails are fitted with a rail fitting safety labelSpecificationsOverall length of rail: 144cm (56.5")Overall height from base section: 49.1cm (19.25")£181.89 with VAT Relief
- Rails For Profiling Bed - Standard Folding Rails (3 Bar, Pair) Item Code: MS29144FREE ShippingThe standard rail folds down flat for ease of transfer, one-piece rail and clamp. Easy to clean powder-coated steel tube, fully compliant to BS standards To ensure the rail is correctly fitted, all Casa Med low beds without integral rails are fitted with a rail fitting safety label Specifications Overall length of rail: 144cm (56.5\") Overall height from base section: 37cm (14.5\") Sold in pairs£166.99 with VAT Relief
- Handy Bed Grab Bar Item Code: MS29072FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Handy Bed Grab BarEnables the user to pull themselves into a sitting position and to provide support when standing or entering and leaving a bed.Supplied with fixing straps to secure the grab in position.Suitable for single to king size domestic beds.Ideal for persons with difficult movements in and out of bed.Specification： Base Frame Size / 600 x 300 x 40mmGrab Size / 235 x 580mmRope Length / 3700mmWeight / 2.7kgsExpress Delivery Available£50.59 with VAT Relief
- Monkey Lifting Pole - For Invacare Medley Ergo Bed Item Code: MS28444FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£96.09 with VAT Relief
- High Risk Mattress - 120 x 200cm Item Code: MS28520FREE ShippingBariatric Pressure Mattress is suitable for users who are at a high risk of developing pressure ulcers and is a static visco elastic layered foam pressure relieving mattress offering ultimate comfort as well as superb pressure relieving qualities. With its two way turning (head to foot) function this mattress has a long life span. Specially engineered to be used in conjunction with the Sidhil Bradshaw Bariatric Bed (it may also bed suitable for use with similar beds). The pressure relieving foam, set in the central section of the mattress can be easily replaced when required.Combustion modified high resilient (CMHR) foam for durability, comfort and great pressure redistribution A high weight capacity of up to 394kg (62st) allows the mattresses to be used for bariatric use Fire retardant to BS7177:2008 Medium Hazard (Crib 5 Composite) Sewn or welded vapour permeable and waterproof cover for breathability and hygiene A two way stretch cover to reduce shear and friction forces FFCB Models are made from hard wearing Closure fabric which can withstand up to fifty times the normal level of contact with chlorine based cleaners Closure mattress covers are made from PU coated, knitted nylon Highly effective pressure care solutions for those at ‘high risk’ of pressure ulcer development Consists of three layers Suitable for 21990BBE / 21991BBE Beds Size: 200 x120cmThickness: 18cmRisk Level: HighWeight: 20kg£516.49 with VAT Relief
- Stander Omni Tray Item Code: MS28449FREE ShippingThe Omni-Tray is a sofa-side handle and TV tray that makes it easy to stand from your favorite sofa or chair. It comes with a convenient multi-use swivel tray so you can eat, surf the web, or simply keep handy items close by. And like all of our products, it blends in with your living-room (like another piece of furniture) so you can maintain the comforting feeling of your home. It adjusts in length to fit either side of your sofa or chair.SpecificationsHeight of tray: 61 - 81cmHeight Ajustable handle: 72 - 92cmHandle dimension: 11.5 x 12.5cmBase length adjustment: 65 - 90cmSize of tray: 51 x 38cmWeight limit of tray: 13.5kg£213.09 with VAT Relief
- Orthapedic V Shaped Pillow - Spare Pillowcase (Pink) Item Code: MS28369Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- EasyFit Bed Rail - Standard Item Code: MS28158FREE ShippingEasyFit Bed Rail - StandardSliding easily under mattresses and secured effectively with non-slip collars, the EasyFit Bed Rail helps you to position yourself in your bed and provides you with support when you’re getting in and out.Made from strong chrome and plastic coated steel, the Bed Rail has a comfortable range of grips so you can use it with ease.SpecificationsBase Length: 600mm (23½")Base Width: 700mm (27½")Rail Height: 500mm (19¾")190kg/30st£52.89 with VAT Relief
- Castellated/Geltex Mattress Item Code: MS27915FREE ShippingGeltex inside represents the next generation in technology evolution for medical mattresses. Geltex combines breathability, pressure distribution and body support in a way you don’t get with other materials because of its unique formula with gel properties. This mattress offers the highest performance pressure care, including heel zones together with superior patient comfort experience. SpecificationsFoam Size: 199 x 90cm (78 x 35")Foam Thickness: 15cm (6")Risk level: HighWaterlow Score: 20.0Weight: 16kg (35lb)Weight Capacity: 171kg (27st0£244.39 with VAT Relief
- Cool Mattress Topper Item Code: MS27876FREE Shippingn the warmer weather many people get uncomfortably hot and can’t sleep. The cool mattress topper solves the problem and gives you a good night’s sleep. The secret is in the sealed gel packs that react to your body heat to create a ‘dry’ cooling sensation. The mattress topper isseam free and finished in luxurious cotton – ready to pop under your sheet. Besides cooling you down, the topper is fantastic for headaches, sunburn, hot feet, hot flushes and to combat high temperatures caused by ailments or medication.SpecificationsSize: 70 x 1 x 90cmGood for headaches, sunburn, hot feet, hot flushes or just to cool downAlso suitable to combat high temperatures or increased body heat due to medicationChoice of sizes for pillow or single bedCooling is activated each time you moveNot ice cold, just dry cool medical grade materialNo fan noise or running costsHelps you to sleep during hot weather£66.09 with VAT Relief
- Invacare Essential Care Mattress Item Code: MS27843FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Invacare Essential Care MattressThe Essential Care mattress is a pressure redistributing support surface, developed for home care and residential care environments. A castellated foam surface provides a cost effective solution for comfort and pressure redistribution to meet the needs of individuals At Risk/High Risk of developing pressure ulcers.Cut foam castellationsFeaturesMulti-stretch vapor-permeable water resistant polyurethane fabric coverZipped around 3 sides for ease of inspection and cleaningFire retardantSize: 200 x 88 x 15cmMax user Weight: 140kgs (22St)Express Delivery Available£157.59 with VAT Relief
- Invacare Essential Basic Profiling Mattress Item Code: MS27842FREE ShippingThis Essential Basic Profiling Mattress offers truly exceptional value for money and has been designed to ensure extreme levels of support and comfort for the user.Special Price £99.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £138.59Save: £38.64
- Royal Rest Orthopedic Pillow Maxi - Replacement Case (Striped Cotton) (Fits Memory Foam) Item Code: MS26656Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Cooling Gel Comfort Memory Foam Contour Pillow Soft Velvet Cover Item Code: MS27601Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- 2 In Bed Rail with Floor Stand Item Code: MS27546FREE ShippingThe new 2 in 1 Bed Rail with Floor Stand is recommended for use when fitted to a sprung divan base.The Floor Stand is secured to the bed both under the mattress (using the bed board) and underneath the bed frame (using the stand clamp). This two point fixing method ensures a secure fitment and keeps movement of the bed rail to a minimum.The Floor Stand is height adjustable to suit a large range of divan heights. Quick and easy to assemble using clamp-screw and allen key (provided). Can be steam-cleaned. SpecificationsLength: 615mm (24")Width: 335mm (13")Height from floor: 860 - 980mm (33.75 - 38.5")Base depth: 15mm (½")Floor Plate length: 200mm (7.75")Floor Plate width: 400mm (15.75")Maximum User Weight Limit 160kg (25st)£129.39 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section