- Folding Walking Stick T Handle - Dark Blue Dotts (33 - 37") Item Code: MS12804Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Dark Blue Dots Folding Walking Stick is light, strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual. Stylishly finished and with a T shaped handle, this fold up walking stick has a strong shaft that folds quickly for compact and convenient transport. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety. These ingenious folding walking sticks snap open and are easily folded away to fit in any bag, pocket or pouch, yet are extremely strong and robust.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.49Save: £4.50
- Elite 9 Transit Wheelchair With Attendant Brakes - 18" Item Code: MS26865FREE Shipping£158.59 with VAT Relief
- Economy Aluminium Reacher / Grabber - 26 Inch Item Code: MS12300Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.59 with VAT Relief
- Drive Medical - U Drive Item Code: MS22038FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The U Drive system will quickly and easily convert any self-propelled wheelchair into a user controlled electric powerchair. With the U drive system fitted you can either continue to propel the chair or when required attach the module and use as a powerchair. The U Drive will allow speeds of up to 4mph and will travel up to 6 miles on a full charge. The easy to use joystick on the pack means that you have full user control when using the U drive. The battery is easily chargeable and is a new push and slide battery system meaning removal is easy and the battery can be charged either on or off board. Once detached the U drive will fit along with your wheelchair into most car boots. This means that you are fully ready to go when you arrive at your destination. No more worries about fatiguing when self-propelling your chair or indeed your carer having difficulties during trips out- simply attach the U-drive and that trip out becomes a pleasure! All you need worry about is where to go and what to enjoy once you get there. Talking of where to go- the U drive has a maintenance free airline friendly sealed battery pack so can even be taken on those trips abroad. The U drive is easy to use and reverse so no need to worry about being able to manage it- just fit onto your regular wheelchair and there you go- immediately you have a user controlled powerchair to take you wherever you want to go! FeaturesAllows speed of up to 4mph* Travels up to 6 miles (10km) on a full battery charge* The U-Drive can easily be fitted or removed The excellent P G Drives S-Drive Joystick provides true user control New push and slide battery removal system to facilitate easy charging Very portable, making transportation simple When detached the U-Drive and wheelchair will fit into most car boots for easy transportation Simple to manoeuvre and reverse making this Powerstroll very user friendly The U-Drive has a powerful 150 watt, 24V motor, capable of handling most terrains Maintenance free airline friendly 24V 12ah valve regulated sealed lead acid battery pack On or off board charging 2A charger provided as standard for off-board charging Max user Weight: 115kg (18st) Weight: 31kg (67lb) Battery Weight: 9kg Range: 6 Miles *Subject to conditions of use NOTE: Wheelchair NOT included this is available separately.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £699.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,413.89Save: £713.90
- Plastic Fluted Grab Rail Item Code: MS12413Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This high quality 12" Fluted Plastic Grab Rail, is made from white PVC tubing with moulded end fittings.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £3.75 with VAT ReliefWas: £6.95Save: £3.20
- Walking Stick Mud/Ice Grip Item Code: MS12070Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Walking Stick Mud/Ice GripOur handy little Mud, Snow & Ice Grip attachment is secured to the end of your walking stick shaft with two screws. It then flipps over the ferrule to give extra grip in icy conditions which helps prevent your stick sliding on ice, snow or mud. Fitted with a spring so it can be easily flipped up when changing from indoors to outdoors.Quickly flicks up so you can use the stick as normal.Ideal for country fairs or garden fetes. It will fit sticks from 16-22mm diameter.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £9.98Save: £3.99
- Lightweight Aluminium Rollator With Bag (6 Inch Wheels) - Blue Item Code: MS15449FREE ShippingShopping or getting out and about shouldn’t have to be a chore. Our Lightweight Aluminium Rollator with Bag makes it seem much easier. This cost-effective rollator is lightweight and very easy to use, it’s ideal for going around the shops or just for giving you stability and confidence when you’re out and about or with family. Equally adaptable for indoor or outdoor use, the Lightweight Aluminium Rollator is less than 7kg, so easy on the arms and wrists. Further to this the handles are fully height adjustable giving additional comfort and security. The unit’s handgrips are anatomic for perfect grip even when wet. The hands fit perfectly around the moulded handle shape which is a perfect fit to give enhanced hand grip in all conditions. This rollator comes with arthritic-friendly loop cable brakes so again, less risk of injury and a confidence giver when going over uneven or unfamiliar terrains. The rollator comes with a very handy underseat storage bag and has a very easy to use folding mechanism for fast and intuitive folding down. We present this rollator model in a choice of two metallic colours; Vivid Blue or Spirit Red. Features Very lightweight at less than 7kg. Height adjustable Handles 30.3”- 37”. Anatomic handgrips. Arthritic-friendly loop cable brakes. Padded flip-up seat. Underseat storage bag. Easy-to-use folding mechanism. Solid tyres. Curved flip-up backrest for comfort and easy storage. Choice of two metallic colours; Vivid Blue or Spirit Red.Special Price £69.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £89.99Save: £20.00
- Folding Walking Stick T Handle - Blossom Pink (33 - 37") Item Code: MS28120Folding Walking Stick T Handle - Blossom PinkThis Blossom Pink Walking Stick is light, strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual.Stylishly finished and with a T shaped handle, this fold up walking stick has a strong shaft that folds quickly for compact and convenient transport. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety. These ingenious folding walking sticks snap open and are easily folded away to fit in any bag, pocket or pouch, yet are extremely strong and robust.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.SpecificationsSize: 33 - 37"Weight: 0.66lbs (0.30kg)Wrist Strap: NoFerrule Size: 19mm (3/4")Handle Material: WoodShaft Material: AluminiumSpecial Price £8.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £11.69Save: £2.70
- Attends Stretch Pants - X Large (PK3) Item Code: MS27949Special Price £0.50 Inc VAT at 0% RateWas: £2.89Save: £2.39
- Super Steel Tri-Walker (Blue) - With Bag Item Code: MS15482FREE ShippingSuper Steel Tri-Walker (Blue) - With Bag Plastic coated steel frame is sturdy and durable, yet lightweight for manoeuvrability and transportation Handle height adjusts to suit user requirements 18cm (7”) solid, lightweight tyres move effortlessly and are low maintenance Front wheel swivels for increased manoeuvrability Arthritic friendly looped cable brakes are easily activated and lockable for safety Easy fold system facilitates storage and transportation Supplied with a practical storage bag and Blue finish.£66.89 with VAT Relief
- Folding Walking Stick T Handle - Black Twist (32 - 37") Item Code: MS18764This Adjustable Folding Walking Stick / Cane is light, strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual.Stylishly finished and with a T shaped handle, this fold up walking stick has a strong shaft that folds quickly for compact and convenient transport. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety. These ingenious folding walking sticks snap open and are easily folded away to fit in any bag, pocket or pouch, yet are extremely strong and robust.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.Special Price £7.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £12.19Save: £4.20
- Washable Electric Blanket - Single Bed Item Code: MS26386Keep warm under the covers this winter with this hand washable single electric blanket. Three temperature settings with an LED light to warn you that the electric blanket is on. Automatic overheat protection gives you peace of mind while you sleep or are away from the bed. Made of 100% polyester, this electric blanket has a detachable connector making it hand washable.Size: 59x31.5"(150x80cm)Weight: 3.39lbs(1.54kgs)
- Deluxe Silver Lightweight 4 Wheel Rollator Item Code: MS25829FREE ShippingThe Deluxe Lightweight Rollator is an ideal choice when needing just a little extra support whilst out and about. At Just 7.9kgs the rollator folds down and is easy to lift into car boot, or hold of a bus, coach or plane. The rollator has adjustable height handles and comfortable hand grips. The brakes are easy to use and are lockable. The Padded seat on the rollator has a removable backrest should that be your preference, but either way the padded seat comes in handy should you just need to rest for a couple of minutes perhaps whilst waiting in line in a queue. The wheels have swivel front castors for maximum manoeuvrability in enclosed spaces making this rollator an ideal choice for use both at home and in the garden, in a care facility, at the shops or supermarket or anywhere about town. Get that added peace of mind whilst out that the rollator will enable you to continue with all your daily activities with just that added bit of support.Features 7.9kgs super lightweight Folds down easily Good travel companion Padded seat Swivel front castors for ease of movementSpecial Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £99.95Save: £30.00
- Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote Control Item Code: MS24891Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote ControlCeilling Motion SensorThe 360° motion sensor detects any motion instantly and activates the alarm.This device can be controlled by the included IR remote control, is battery operated and also includes a mounting bracket.Specifications105dB 4x1.5V C batteries and button cell (not included)Special PriceWas: £19.00Save: £13.01
- Universal Tap Turners Item Code: MS24711Special Price £3.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £8.98Save: £4.99
- Lightweight Pedal Exerciser Item Code: MS10762Special Price £17.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £34.99Save: £17.00
- Illuminated Tweezers Item Code: MS19311Special PriceWas: £5.94Save: £2.50
- Gel Ball Hand Exerciser - Red (Soft) Item Code: MS16313This Therapy Gel ball is a very easy to use therapeutic aid that offer variable levels of resistance, ideal for use in exercises that strengthen weakened or injured hands, fingers, wrists and forearms. The gel ball is pleasant to touch and returns back to its original shape after each squeeze.SpecificationColour: RedResistance: SoftDiameter: 50mm (2")Weight: 60 gramsFeaturesGel ball is very pleasant to the touchSmall size is ideal for a handbag or pocketSuitable for use in the home, office or clinicNote: We supply other Therapy Gel balls which come in (Pink - Extra Soft) (Blue - Soft) (Green - Medium) (Orange - Firm) (Black - X Firm)Special PriceWas: £3.79Save: £0.85
- Cordless Mini Kettle Item Code: MS11173This kettle is a best-seller to our many elderly or disabled customers, who regularly report it as being so much easier to use than a regular size and weight kettle.Special PriceWas: £39.98Save: £8.53
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section