Freerider Mobility Scooters
- FreeRider Mini Ranger Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31078FREE ShippingFrom the well known and trusted Freerider brand comes this Freerider Mini Ranger, a transportable and compact scooter that splits into 5 lightweight pieces, ideal for transporting in the boot of a car.Special Price £694.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £899.95Save: £205.00
- Freerider Mayfair 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG14774FREE ShippingThe Freerider Mayfair 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter is an excellent all-round mobility scooter, ideal for people looking to get to and from town and travel in and around shops, hospitals and indoors, and is one of the most popular mobility scooters on the market today.Special Price £1,199.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,499.95Save: £300.00
- Freerider City Ranger 6 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31082FREE ShippingThe Freerider City Ranger 6 is exactly the same as its 'big brother' the City Ranger 8 except it has a top speed of 6 mph (9.6 km/h) making it suitable for use on pavements as well as roads.Special Price £1,499.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,799.95Save: £300.00
- Freerider FR1 Cruiser Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS33065FREE ShippingThe Freerider FR1 Cruiser Mobility Scooter is a top-of-the-range Mobility Scooter that features a striking gold coloured body and all-round lighting package to ensure maximum visibility even when travelling at night-time.Special Price £3,999.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £4,399.95Save: £400.00
- Freerider FR1 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31087FREE ShippingThe Freerider FR1 Mobility Scooter is an extremely luxurious class 3 Mobility Scooter that as standard comes with a host of comforting safety features and handy extrasSpecial Price £3,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,665.00Save: £265.05
- FreeRider Landranger XL8 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31086FREE ShippingThe FreeRider Landranger XL8 Mobility Scooter is a class leading mobility scooter that has been specially designed to provide extreme levels of comfort and stability over all terrains.Special Price £3,099.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,664.95Save: £565.00
- Freerider Landranger Deluxe Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31085FREE ShippingThe Freerider Landranger Deluxe is the smaller and lighter of two available Landranger Mobility Scooters, measuring just 1390mm (55") in length.Special Price £2,449.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,749.00Save: £299.05
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section