Folding Mobility Scooters
- Folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31139FREE ShippingThis folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter is one of the lightest scooters available on the market, weighing just 21.5 kgs (47.3 lbs), this combined with its compact size make it the ideal scooter for use when travelling away from home.Special Price £1,743.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,395.95Save: £652.00
- Drive Medical Flex Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS29455FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Folding Scooter can be easily folded or unfolded by remote control in under 12 seconds, providing a quick and easy transport solution for users on the go.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,749.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,499.99Save: £750.04
- TGA Minimo Plus 4 Folding Compact Mobility Scooter - Lithium-Ion Battery Item Code: MS28078FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The TGA Minimo + four folding compact mobility scooter boasts all the benefits found on the award winning Minimo – benefits usually only found on a much bigger scooter, all in a compact and simply folding design. The Minimo + four has two front wheels which are spaced further apart than those found on the Minimo Plus- therefore ensuring more stability than the more ‘agile scooter’ wheel format found on the Minimo Plus. The pneumatic tyres found on this model make for a much smoother ride over more challenging terrain whilst the battery pack remains very light and easy to handle. The body of the scooter is constructed from lightweight carbon fibre ensuring that it remains light and easily transportable despite benefitting from all the added benefits of a much heavier model. Integrated high visibility LED lights add to the benefits and features as does the quick release seat ensuring easier handling in and out of the car. So, if you are looking for a safe, lightweight scooter with all the benefits of a much larger model, you really need look no further than the TGA Minimo + four to get you out and about in comfort, ease and safety. Features Compact and easily folds Benefits similar to a much bigger scooter Pneumatic tyres make for a smoother ride Constructed from lightweight carbon fibre Battery pack light and easy to handle High visibility LED lights Quick release seatExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £2,099.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,595.00Save: £495.05
- TGA Minimo Folding Compact Mobility Scooter - Lithium-Ion Battery Item Code: MS23899FREE ShippingThe TGA Minimo folding compact mobility scooter Lithium- ION battery scooter is the ideal choice for those looking for a lightweight, easily stored and transported scooter. This scooter easily fits into the boot of a car and has no dismantling requirements meaning ease, convenience and most importantly independence! The mechanism to fold the scooter can be operated with one hand and only takes a matter of seconds to complete meaning you can be off up and out with the minimal of fuss. When not in use, the scooter requires a minimal amount of storage space making this the ideal choice for those with limited space at home. The scooter is robust and has a mileage range of 12 miles. The front wheels of the scooter are placed closer together on this model making it appear more like an ‘agile scooter’ than a conventional mobility scooter. The scooter combines high manoeuvrability and turning ability making it ideal for those needing something quick and lightweight which is quickly packed into the car and assembled at your destination leaving you with nothing to worry about apart from planning your next trip out! Features Compact and folding Easily transported No dismantling requirements Mechanism to fold operates with one hand Minimal storage space needed at home Mileage range of 12 miles Agile scooter Quick and lightweight Download the user manual here.Special Price £1,795.00 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,195.00Save: £400.00
- Pride Quest Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS25442FREE ShippingThe Pride Quest Folding Mobility Scooter represents real value for money and is the perfect lightweight folding mobility scooter for users that wish to keep an active, independent lifestyle.Special Price £1,749.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,803.75Save: £53.80
- Smarti Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31202FREE ShippingThe Smarti Folding Mobility Scooter is a class 2 mobility scooter that features an automatic folding feature making it ideal for use when travelling away from home or storing where space is at a premium.Special Price £1,799.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £1,899.29Save: £99.34
- TGA Maximo Plus Folding 4 Wheeled Mobility Scooter - Lithium-Ion Battery Item Code: MS28079FREE ShippingThe Maximo Plus that builds on the success of the Minimo and Maximo models but is also road legal. The scooter folds down easily for transporting. The design of the scooter is larger to provide more space comfort and capability and does fold down in seconds to enable quick and easy transportation and storage. The scooter can easily be transported in the average estate car or 4x4. This scooter has more power and has a maximum speed of 6mph. There are also additional safety features on this road worthy model such as powerful lights, indicators and a horn. The ride of the scooter is smooth and comfortable due to its added stability with larger wheels, pneumatic tyres, advanced suspension and a wider chassis – making your longer journey comfortable and safe. Whilst the scooter is still easily transportable, this model really does give total freedom to the user in that it is roadworthy meaning that you can be independent for that quick trip to the shops, local library or to meet friends locally for lunch- this scooter can take you there in style and comfort. Features Road Legal scooter Folds easily to transport in estate car or 4x4 More powerful with max speed of 6mph Packed with additional safety features Comfortable and stylish Total independenceSpecial Price £2,299.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £3,295.00Save: £995.01
- TGA Maximo Folding 4 Wheeled Mobility Scooter - Lithium-Ion Battery Item Code: MS24645FREE ShippingThe Maximo is the latest addition to this new TGA family of folding scooters that combines feature-rich design with leading transportability.It can be folded into a compact size with a single, one-handed operation and requires no parts to be dismantled for storage.Despite its longer and wider chassis, the Maximo can be easily stored in the boot of a hatch back, estate car or 4x4. The Maximo ‘ride’ is one of the smoothest available through active, all-round suspension and pneumatic tyres.Its anti-tip castors also ensure safety and stability when tackling uneven surfaces and the Maximo has an impressive user weight capacity of 21 stone (133kg). The powerful 270w motor and high quality S-Drive controller provide exceptional performance with a range of up to 12.5 miles (20km). When charging is required the battery can be easily removed by the user.The Maximo incorporates many additional features that elevate it above other competitor products. From high visibility, low energy LED lights to a folding seat, the Maximo combines an impressive range of characteristics – all engineered with a precision, quality finish. Features Folds in a single simple movement Higher 133kg (21st) user weight capacity Ultra-lightweight lithium battery as standard 2.65kgs (5.85lbs) 4mph top speed with range of up to 12.5 miles (20km) Independent, active front suspension High grade, pneumatic tyres and alloys Highly reliable 270w motor and 70ah S-Drive controller Spacious floor well Height adjustable ergonomic tiller Folding seat with height adjustable armrests High visibility, low energy LED lightsSpecial Price £2,195.00 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,699.00Save: £504.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section