Invacare Mobility Scooters
- Invacare Colibri Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS27260FREE ShippingThe Invacare Colibri Lightweight Mobility Scooter is perfect for use around town due to its top speed of around 4mph, the Colibri is a leading class 2 mobility scooter owing to its lightweight build, reliable drive and fantastic sturdiness.Special Price £699.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £926.19Save: £226.24
- Invacare Comet Ultra Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28447FREE ShippingThe Comet® Ultra mobility scooter provides a superb driver experience, being of sturdy design and construction. The Comet® Ultra has a wide range of safety features to further provide peace of mind to the driver, yet never at the expense of style and functionality. Whatever the kind of driving required, the Comet® Ultra has a range of 34 miles and allows for a maximum user weight of up to 34 stones. This ensures a safe and comfortable journey whatever your size and level of mobility. The Comet® Ultra scooter has a very comfortable backrest with a width of 66cm (26 inches) which will ensure good support to the whole of your back cutting the likelihood of back ache which can occur when seated in the same position for considerable amounts of time. The seat to floor height is 44-51cm (17.25-20inches) This makes climbing on and off the scooter so much easier for individuals with reduced mobility and ensures safety when mobilising onto the Comet® Ultra. Once on board the scooter feels safe and sturdy with a turning diameter of 275cms with no fear of tipping. With the Comet® Ultra you are able to get out and about in safety whilst retaining that all-important independence. The scooter will take you out on social events, trips round the park or even the shops in full style and comfort. The width of the scooter is 65cm (26 inches) ensuring good accessibility to most buildings and venues. You never need miss out on an invitation again with this scooter. The Invacare Comet Ultra is very hard to beat! Features Comfortable and secure riding position Wide range of modern colours Rider weight up to 34 stones Long travel range of up to 34 miles Fast charging cycle between use Weighs only 148 kgSpecial Price £2,895.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £4,195.95Save: £1,300.00
- Invacare Comet Pro Sport Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28446FREE ShippingThe Invacare Comet Pro Sport Mobility Scooter is the perfect companion for those users wishing to travel longer distances in ultimate comfort, style and safety.Special Price £2,599.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,695.95Save: £1,096.00
- Invacare Comet Pro Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG28445FREE ShippingThe Invacare Comet Pro Mobility Scooter is available in a range of 5 different colours. This Mobility Scooter has been designed to provide elderly and disabled users a safe, fast and enjoyable drive.Special Price £2,595.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £4,195.95Save: £1,600.00
- Invacare Orion Pro Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28438FREE ShippingThe Invacare Orion Pro Mobility Scooter is a powerful upgrade to the standard Orion Metro that has been specially designed to for comfort, safety and reliability with added performance.Special Price £2,549.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,695.95Save: £1,146.00
- Invacare Orion Metro 3W Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS28436FREE ShippingThe Invacare Orion Metro 3W mobility scooter offers all of the benefits of its four-wheel big brother, with the improved manoeuvrability of a three-wheel scooter. You’ve got large wheels and a suspended chassis for supreme comfort and a big battery to take you further than ever before. The Metro 3W also offers automatic speed reduction, to make you safer on bends. There’s also a wide range of colour options. Enjoy a free Peace of Mind Package, with your mobility scooter checked over by a scooter expert on delivery to your home, including a free demonstration. You’ll also enjoy a full one-year warranty, with any call-outs for your mobility scooter including recovery back to your home for free. This three-wheeled mobility scooter has a powerful motor capable of 6 mph and a battery pack offering a range of over 40kms. There’s a fully suspended chassis and big wheels for excellent ride comfort, so you can move smoothly over rough ground. You’ll also enjoy a unique lighting system with bright dual-bulb headlight, automatic indicators and heavy-duty brake light to increase your safety. For extra safety on bends, the Orion Metro 3 Wheel Invacare mobility scooter also has a speed reduction system and a disengaging lever prevents the vehicle from free-wheeling if it’s knocked out of drive mode. Features Highly manoeuvrable Unique lighting system Speed reduction system Disengaging lever Range of over 40kms Comfortable suspended chassis.Special Price £2,149.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,995.95Save: £846.00
- Invacare Leo Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS14815FREE ShippingThe Invacare Leo Mobility Scooter has been specially designed to promote user independence. This mid-size, 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter boasts a stylish, modern design whilst also ensuring user safety is paramount.Special Price £1,749.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,399.95Save: £650.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section