- Sissel Fit Dome Sport Item Code: PG31773FREE Shipping
The Sissel Fit Dome Sport is a multi-use, value-for-money piece of fitness equipment that is perfect for a range of exercises from balance, strength and cardio exercises to support a round, target-orientated, complete body workout.From £126.66 with VAT Relief
- Friends and Family: Wireless Doorbell Pack Item Code: MS35824FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This Family and Friends Wireless Doorbell Pack is designed to offer some respite to caregivers by reducing the need for 24/7 supervision.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £62.09Save: £8.14
- Nutrix: Wireless Alert with Chair Mat Item Code: MS35820FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This Nutrix Wireless Alert is supplied with a small Chair Mat that is purposely designed for use on most Chairs within the home.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £89.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £108.66Save: £18.71
- Nutrix: Nurse Alert with Bed Mat Item Code: MS35818FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This Nurse Alert System has been cleverly designed to raise the alarm when a patient/resident leaves their bed or chair and can only be switched off by infrared control.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £93.59Save: £13.64
- Nutrix: Nurse Alert Alarm - Spare Magnetic Pull Cord Item Code: MS35816Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£5.49 with VAT Relief
- Nutrix: Wireless Alert with Bed Mat Item Code: MS35815FREE Shipping
This Nutrix Wireless Alert with Bed Mat has been created to enable a relative or professional nurse to maintain their everyday commitments whilst still providing high quality care to a patient or loved one.Special Price £108.29 with VAT ReliefWas: £135.41Save: £27.12
- Nutrix: Nurse Alert Alarm Only Item Code: MS35809FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Designed to give carers an early warning when someone gets out of their bed, wheelchair, or chair, The Nutrix Nurse Alert helps to prevent falls and wandering.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £59.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £70.39Save: £10.44
- Blood Glucose Lancets - 50pcs Item Code: MS35234Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Disposable lancets are medical devices that pierce the skin and take blood samples for analysis. This reduces the possibility of contamination or infection because these lancets are designed to be used just once before being discarded. There are enough lancets in the package—50 of them—for numerous blood tests or for multiple users. The lancets are often composed of plastic with a body that provides stability and ease of holding and a thin, pointed needle that is used to pierce the skin. Sold as a 50 packExpress Delivery Available£2.89 with VAT Relief
- Luxury Carpet Alertamat Floor Alarm System Item Code: PG34897FREE Shipping
The Luxury Carpet Alertamat Floor Alarm System is a robust and hardwearing alarm system designed to prevent falls or accidents by alerting caregivers when a user leaves a designated safe zone.Was:From Special Price £144.95 with VAT Relief£171.29Save:£26.34
- Alertamat Floor Alarm System Item Code: PG34890FREE Shipping
The Alertamat Floor Alarm System is a robust and long-lasting alarm system designed to prevent falls or accidents by alerting caregivers when a user leaves a designated safe zone.Was:From Special Price £109.95 with VAT Relief£130.59Save:£20.64
- Physical Therapy Step Stools Item Code: MS11091FREE ShippingThis innovative set of Physical Therapy Step Stools is designed to support the rehabilitation of patients of all ages in a safe, comfortable and affordable way. Each tool is fitted with a non-slip rubber surface for a firm grip, while the wooden materials ensure maximum durability. Each tool can accommodate a maximum weight of 28 stone, and the full set of Physical Therapy Step Stools can be nested together when not in use for convenient storage. Used individually or for progressive exercises, these Nesting Physical Therapy Step Stools are ideal for body mechanics and posture training at home. Features and Benefits Maximum user weight, 180 kg (28 ¼ st) Physical therapy for all ages Ideal for body mechanics and posture training Wooden construction with a non-slip surface Specifications Four steps of varying heights, widths, and depths First step: 20 cm x 50 cm x 45 cm Second step: 15 cm x 45 cm x 40 cm Third step: 10 cm x 40 cm x 35 cm Fourth step: 5 cm x 35 cm x 30 cm£280.09 with VAT Relief
- Telescopic Inspection Mirror Item Code: MS29835Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
A telescopic inspection mirror is a tool that is designed to help individuals see into tight or hard-to-reach spaces. It consists of a long handle that is attached to a small mirror at the end.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.99Save: £1.24
- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.
- Corner Rehabilitation Steps with Adjustable Handrails Item Code: MS16775FREE Shipping
These Corner Rehabilitation Steps have been specially designed to assist in the rehabilitation of the lower limbs following a stroke or injury.Special PriceWas: £1,599.95Save: £225.00
- Jamar Smart Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS27558FREE ShippingJamar® Smart Hand DynamometerIntroducing the first electronic hand dynamometer that works seamlessly and wirelessly with a mobile app. Download the free Jamar Smart app, and you'll be able to control your Jamar® Smart Hand Dynamometer from your iPad tablet (iPad Air, iPad Mini or original iPad version 3 or later). The app is designed to expedite and enhance patient evaluations allowing results to be quickly repeated, edited, and saved. The free app includes the standard hand grip test, and features:Ability to set number of reps from 1 to 5Determine hand(s) to test and which one to start withRecord the grip position on the JamarEasily accept or redo any trialInstantly displays results to 1/10th of a poundCalculates average, standard deviation and coefficient of variationCompares results to norms based on patient's gender and ageFor a nominal fee, you can download the fully-featured app, which includes:Optional patient name and/or ID, gender and age storageSave test history and quickly create a new test with the same parametersAdditional tests: Rapid Exchange, 5 Position Grip and Sustained GripResults for 5-Position and Sustained Grip also display as a real-time graph for easier interpretation of resultsExport results as a PDF fileFor both the Jamar Smart and Jamar Plus+ we've replaced the hydraulic system found in other dynamometers with a circuit board and electronic load sensors. This technological advancement gives you a more accurate tool to measure hand strength in clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. We also increased the durability of the dynamometer by eliminating all internal moving parts, and encasing the electronics in a sturdy aluminium body with a scratch-resistant UV coating. The readout displays isometric grip force from 0–200 lbs (90 kg). Requires two AAA batteries (included).Comes in a reusable storage container.
- Outdoor Step Item Code: MS26724Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Outdoor StepProvides the user with an intermediate step between ground level and the height of a high doorstep, making the step easier to negotiate for the user and reducing the risk of slips and falls. Lightweight and easy to use design. Non-slip surface. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.SpecificationsIt's large weather-resistant platform allows enough room to lift and manoeuvre feet whilst remaining steady Lightweight and easy to use design Reduces the height the user has to lift their legs in order to step up or down when negotiating stepsIt's large weather-resistant platform allows enough room to lift and manoeuvre feet whilst remaining steadyAllows the user to become steady before attempting the actual stepFeatures drainage holes to prevent water build-up which is especially useful for outdoor locations or in the bathroomNon-slip surfaceSuitable for both indoor and outdoor useWidth: 49cm (19.5")Depth: 39cm (15.5")Height: 9cm (3.5")Maximum user weight: 150kg (23st)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £19.95Save: £7.00
- Hand Grip Strength Meter Item Code: MS26030Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This useful Hand Grip Strength Meter makes it easier for patients and caregivers to oversee essential rehabilitation exercises.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £49.94Save: £10.00
- Baseline Digital Hand Spring Dynamometer Item Code: MS23877FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Model - Life Size Elbow Joint Item Code: MS23017FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Demonstrates flexion, extension and internal/external rotation.
Includes flexible, artificial ligaments.
Made of PVC plastic, wipes clean.
Life-size, on stand.
Dimensions 17 x 14.5 x 24cm
- Baseline Pinch Gauge Item Code: PD137-1FREE ShippingThis precision instrument records isometric lateral, chuck or tip pinch in kilograms and pounds. The body is made of rugged anodised aluminum with a nylon strap for the examiner's wrist. The red pointer stops at the maximum pinch recorded for the highest degree of accuracy. Pinch jaws are 22mm wide and approximately 19mm thick. Includes carrying caseThree-year warranty
- Baseline 180 Digit Goniometer Item Code: PD136-1Using your finger, move the measurement head through flexion, extension and hyperextension. Measures 110? flexion and 40? hyperextension in 5? increments. Arm has 10cm/4" scale. This goniometer is also known as a one hand goniometer because the therapist using only one hand can take readings and can use the other hand to stabilise the patient or record the measurements. The standard finger goniometer requires the therapist to use two hands to make a finger range-of-motion measurement.
- Goniometer - Small 360 Degrees Item Code: MS16691Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Overdoor Pulley - Extended Metal Bracket Item Code: MS16692Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Designed to improve the range of motion and coordination of the user, this Overdoor Pulley will help to rebuild wrist, arm and shoulder muscles.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.25 with VAT ReliefWas: £12.39Save: £4.14
- Pneumatic Squeeze Dynamometer Item Code: MS10889FREE ShippingFor measuring hand strength, even where grasping power has been severely impaired or other disabilities inhibit gripping effort. It is lightweight and should be used when accuracy and repeatability are required. Maximum reading remains until reset. The smallest bulb may be used for children and to test pinching function of intrinsic muscles. Scale is calibrated in an international unit of energy (bars). Includes carrying case with instructionsBulb contains natural rubber latex
- Paediatric Changing Table - Hydraulic Item Code: MS12842FREE ShippingThe Changing Table is exceptionally durable, secure and easy to manoeuvre, and boasts a hydraulic lifting mechanism. The hydraulic lifting takes all the effort out of lifting and height adjustment and ensures a safe working height, therefore reducing the risk of back injury to the care giver.Special Price £1,334.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,949.95Save: £615.00
- Sissel Saddle Stool - Black Item Code: MS21815FREE ShippingSissel Saddle Stool - BlackSaddle Stool, helps ease back pain!The saddle stool was designed by a man who suffered with chronic back pain. The only relief from pain came when he was horse riding. An orthopaedic consultant explained to him that the riding position gave a perfect balance to all the elements involved in the seemingly simple but anatomically complex process of sitting.This ergonomically designed saddle stool maintains the spine's natural correct posture helping to reduce the strain on the spine which is a common cause of back pain.Ideal to be used as an alternatve to a standard chairby practitioners whilst treating patientsFeatures Smooth single leaver gas-lift Easy care vinyl fabric Colour - Black Seat - Chrome 5 wheel baseSpecification Height adjustable from 67 to 78cm Seat size, 38 x 36 x13cm (l x w x d) (15" x 13" x 5") Maximum weight 130Kg (300lbs)
- Space Saving Stairs - Carpet Treads Item Code: MS10358FREE ShippingSpace Saving StairsThese stairs are made up of 2 sections and can be quickly adjusted so that they slot together, reducing the storage space required. Made from high quality hardwood with the 15cm deep steps covered in durable carpet. Specifications:Handrails are height adjustable from 40 to 90cm.Fully assembled: Length 140cm. Width 86cm. Height 60cm.When compact: Length 87cm. Width 86cm. Height 60cmMax User Weight: 140Kgs 22StNote: This is a special order item & cannot be returned, please also call us to confirm delivery eta.
- Width & Height Adjustable Parallel Walking Bars Item Code: MS10356FREE Shipping
These Height and Width Adjustable Parallel Walking Bars are an invaluable aid to all walking and rehabilitation exercises. Suitable for users of different shapes and sizes these Walking Bars can be adjusted in both width and height for a more tailored fit, thus helping to develop confidence much quicker.Special Price £769.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £891.89Save: £121.94
- Scoliometer Item Code: MS10898FREE ShippingScolimeterFeaturesMeasures six areas to detect scoliosis, and provides three measurements to detect abnormal anteropostero curves. Evaluates progress during treatment, without X-rays. Measures the unstable lumbosacral curve as well as the cervical and thoracic curves. Calibrated in centimeters, millimeters and degrees. Latex free.This item is special order and is non returnable**
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section