Lightweight Mobility Scooters
- Aluminium Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31517FREE ShippingThis all new, lightweight Aluminium Mobility Scooter boasts a revolutionary aluminium frame, making it the lightest Travel Mobility Scooter available on the market.Special Price £1,699.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,399.00Save: £699.05
- Lightweight Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31133FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Lightweight Mobility Scooter is an automatic folding mobility scooter that features many benefits, designed to make the user's life much easier.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,949.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,499.99Save: £550.04
- Minimo Autofold Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31134FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Minimo Autofold Lightweight Mobility Scooter features an electric folding system and is highly compact when folded making it ideal for users with limited mobility.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £2,649.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3,195.95Save: £546.00
- Motion Healthcare EvoLite Aluminium Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG33141FREE ShippingThe Evolite combines the innovation of both an Aluminium chassis and Lithium battery technology, making it one of the lightest scooters of its kind on the UK market. It easily disassembles into 5 lightweight easy to handle pieces, the heaviest of which weighs just 10kg! The Lithium battery pack weighs just 3kg and offers a range of up to 9 miles per charge as well as being within the CAA’s regulations for safe air travel. The large 8” wheels and powerful 250w motor allow the Evolite to perform impressively and when paired with the comfort offered by the soft tyre compound, delta handlebar and extra thick seat padding the Evolite really is a perfect all round travel companion.Was:From Special Price £1,449.95 with VAT Relief£1,999.95Save:£550.00
- Pride Apex Aluma-Lite Plus Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG33435FREE ShippingThe Pride Apex Aluma-Lite Plus Mobility Scooter has been specially designed to provide the user with comfort often found on much larger scooters whilst also remaining incredibly compact and lightweight.Was:From Special Price £1,629.95 with VAT Relief£2,795.95Save:£1,166.00
- Pride Apex Aluma-Lite Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG32187FREE ShippingThe Pride Apex Aluma-Lite Mobility Scooter comes from the award-winning Pride Mobility brand and is one of the lightest travel scooters on the market.Was:From Special Price £1,449.95 with VAT Relief£2,595.95Save:£1,146.00
- Motion Healthcare Mlite Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS32186FREE ShippingThe Motion Healthcare mLite Folding Mobility Scooter is an exceptionally lightweight Mobility Scooter that can be manually folded up to a highly compact size in seconds.Special Price £1,849.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,399.95Save: £550.00
- Aluminium Mobility Scooter - Pro Item Code: MS31518FREE ShippingThis upgraded "Pro" version of the Aluminium Mobility Scooter is supplied with a larger 37 Ah Lithium Ion Battery which on a full charge will provide a huge 30 mile (48 km) range making this the perfect choice those users that like to travel further afield on their mobility scooter.Special Price £1,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,799.00Save: £899.05
- Smarti Folding Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31202FREE ShippingThe Smarti Folding Mobility Scooter is a class 2 mobility scooter that features an automatic folding feature making it ideal for use when travelling away from home or storing where space is at a premium.Special Price £2,099.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,295.95Save: £196.00
- Pride Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: PG31181FREE ShippingThis Pride Lightweight Mobility Scooter is part of the well known Pride brand and boasts many features often found on larger scooters whilst being lightweight and ideal for transportation and storage.Was:From Special Price £649.95 with VAT Relief£1,395.95Save:£746.00
- Folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31139FREE ShippingThis folding Lightweight Mobility Scooter is one of the lightest scooters available on the market, weighing just 21.5 kgs (47.3 lbs), this combined with its compact size make it the ideal scooter for use when travelling away from home.Special Price £1,949.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,395.95Save: £446.00
- Style Plus Lightweight Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS31061FREE ShippingComfort and style are at the forefront of the Style Plus Mobility Scooter along with reliability and performance, this helps to ensure the user has the best possible mobility scooter experience.Special Price £694.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,095.00Save: £400.05
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section