- Medley Ergo Hospital Bed Item Code: MS24869FREE ShippingMedley Ergo: cost effective patient care The Medley Ergo range from Invacare offers the perfect balance between budget, functionality and quality requirements. The fours sectionedprofiling mattress support allows for a range of height combinations, providing an ideal position for the carer and comfort for the client. The newly optimised mattress platform sections reduce shear and friction when the bed is being adjusted and prevents the client from sliding downwards.Optimised dimensions of the mattress platform The mattress platform sections boast optimal dimensions designed in accordance with anthroprometric statistics and pressure mapping recommendations. The Medley Ergo range offers: Increased comfort when sitting Reduced shear and friction Minimised risk of sliding downwards during profiling Also suitable for shorter clients Improved functionality and efficiency The Invacare Medley Ergo range has been specially designed for quick transportation to meet the needs of the transient working environments of Community Care provision. The Medley Ergo can be supplied on a transporter kit so the bed can easily be moved and installed. In addition, any assembling can be done without the use of tools or technicians.Height is no longer an issue The flexible design of the Medley Ergo range allows the bed to be mounted at a low height, or a higher position if preferred, creating a range of working heights for the carer and transfer heights for the client. This is facilitated by the unique feature of the bed end, which enables the mattress support to be mounted in both upper and lower positions. Homely design The Medley Ergo Select offers an attractive, homely design. Also available as a retro-fit to the Medley Ergo and Medley Ergo Low, this aesthetic bed end cover fits with precision onto the bed actuators and can be removed at any time. The leg supports are equipped with a Rastofix to enable individual positioning for the legs. Medley Ergo Select can easily be dismantled and stored, using a transport adapter for moving and storage.Specifications Overall Width: 1020mm Overall Length: 2240mm Height Adjustment: 400 - 800mm Max user Weight: 145Kgs (23St)Special Price £674.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.95Save: £325.00
- Casa Nuova 4 Low Community Bed Item Code: MS32528FREE ShippingThis Casa Nuova Low Profiling Bed is an exceptionally robust and reliable bed is that features a strong tubular metal frame making it longer lasting for the Community market.Special Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £999.95Save: £200.00
- Casa Med Classic FS Profiling Bed Item Code: MS14509FREE ShippingThe Casa Med Classic FS Profiling Bed is an exceptionally reliable and high quality profiling bed that is perfect for use in all home and care environments.Special Price £799.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,059.89Save: £259.94
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section