Bolsters & Bumpers
- Side Wedges Item Code: MS26755Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£39.39 with VAT Relief
- Bed Rail Protectors - Full Length Item Code: MS30883FREE ShippingOur durable, foam filled pair of bed rail protectors are designed to be fixed in place to protect residents. The simple wipe clean, fluid proof surface, with hook & loop fastenings ensures ease of attachment and maintenance. All of our bed rail protectors have been specifically designed for use on healthcare beds, including profiling beds. Flame Retardant to British Standard BS 7177. Size: 87 x 198cm Sold as a pair£72.19 with VAT Relief
- Memory Bead Pillow (Small Bolster) Item Code: MS26268Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Our memory bead pillow gives you the comfort and flexibility to ensure you’re always in the optimum position.Filled with a unique combination of bead and memory foam technology our Memory Bead Pillow allows youto experience the ultimate in comfort without compromising support.Fantastic support for those with back problems, for breast-feeding or just for getting to that ideal position.The mesh design gives constant ventilation keeping the pillow fresh and free from stuffiness. Removable washable velour cover gives a soft touch luxurious feel.Uses a unique combination of bead and memory foam technologyGreat support for those with back problems, breast-feeding or for getting into an ideal positionMesh design for good ventilationWashable velour coverExpress Delivery Available
- Padded Bumpers For Invacare Medley Ergo Bed Item Code: MS25720FREE ShippingPadded Bumpers For Invacare Medley Ergo BedThe new covers have been designed with client safety in mind,taking into consideration ease of use for the carer and overallappearance when in place.Secure and comfortable cushioning to enhance safety of bed occupantsEasy to attach and remove using Velcro fastening and bucklesCover remains in place when side rail is loweredProvides a protective barrier for side railsWaterproof multi stretch vapour permeable PU outer coverMachine washableTested to BS 7175:1989 Section 3 using ignition sources 0, 1, 5£206.89 with VAT Relief
- Posey Side Rail Wedges Item Code: MS23261FREE ShippingSiderail cushions help close gaps between the siderails and mattress.Use Posey Siderail Wedges to help protect clients from injury due to siderails.These cushions also help deter unassisted bed exits. Use individually to close the gap between half siderails or to cover the half siderail.Zip the pair of wedges together to provide 6 feet (1.8m) of full-length protection.Also may be used to cushion the headboard and footboard.Constructed of durable, plush foam covered with soft, water-repellent, bacteriostatic Staph-Chek vinyl.Attaches with hook and loop straps. Measures 890mm long, 430mm high and 510mm thick (35 x 17 x 20") at the top and bottom edges.Sold in pairs.£376.59 with VAT Relief
- Side Wedges & Draw Sheet Kit Item Code: MS21398FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Side wedges with draw sheet. This new method of preventing a patient from falling out of bed requires NO RAILS. A draw sheet attaches to the mattress with quick release buckles.Along each side of the bed is a broad 10cm hook & loop strip. On to the strip fixes a 20cm high wedge 90cm long. The draw sheet & the wedges are covered in Vapour Permeable wipe clean fabric. The patient is able to get out of the bed without the entrapment problem of rails but is also protected from the ‘Roll Out’.Complete with vapour permeable draw sheet 90cm long x 20cm highExpress Delivery Available£58.89 with VAT Relief
- Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Closed Ends (Pair) Cream PVC -183 x 48cm Item Code: MS21471FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Closed Ends (Pair) Cream PVC -183 x 48cmThe Basic wipe clean bumper has a foam inner and full length hook and loop fastenings along the bottom edge. These cot bumpers have closed ends to totally cover the trombone type rails.The closed ends ensure a a secure fit and cover the vertical spaces & stop movement left & right.Express Delivery Available£85.59 with VAT Relief
- Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Closed Ends (Pair) Cream PVC - 134 x 48cm Item Code: MS21470FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Closed Ends (Pair) Cream PVC - 134 x 48cmThe Basic wipe clean bumper has a foam inner and full length hook and loop fastenings along the bottom edge. These cot bumpers have closed ends to totally cover the trombone type rails.The closed ends ensure a a secure fit and cover the vertical spaces & stop movement left & right.Express Delivery Available£65.09 with VAT Relief
- Cot Side Bumpers Item Code: MS10643FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£51.89 with VAT Relief
- Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Open Ends (Pair) Cream PVC - 200 x 39cm Item Code: MS17220FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Conventional Cot Side Bumpers Open Ends (Pair) Cream PVC - 200 x 39cmThese foam pads are covered with a wipe clean vinyl and have a hook and loop closure along the length to secure them to a range of cot sides.Supplied as a pair, each one 2m (78.¾") long. When mounted, they are 390mm (15.¼") deep. Weight 2kg each. Features & BenefitsCover the full length of the rails on a profiling bedWipe cleanExpress Delivery Available£82.19 with VAT Relief
- CONNECTED COTSIDE BUMPERS Item Code: MS10574FREE ShippingTo prevent the patient from pushing their limbs between the cot sides and the mattress, this unit has two bumpers that are sewn together with a connecting loop. Covered in a wipe clean vinyl, the bumpers are well padded for protection against knocks and bumps. Once in position, the mattress secures the system.Length 1400mm (55")Height 390mm (15.1/4")£137.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section