- Height Adjustable Bed Cradle Item Code: MS25793Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Height Adjustable Bed Cradle from Aidapt is a metal frame designed to keep bed covers away from the body. Useful for those suffering from ulcers or skin irritation. The base is mounted between the mattress and the bed base and keeps bed clothe away from the feet and legs. Suitable for use at the side or end of the bed. Height adjustable for a comfortable fit to suit each individual Can be fitted to the side or end of the bed as required Durable construction and easy-clean finish Ideal for users with skin irritation or painful legs and feet Specifications Colour: White Height (mm): 355 - 680 Net weight (kg): 2.540 Overall Depth (mm): 360 Product Dimensions (mm): 355x690x20 Width (mm): 690 Width of Base (mm): 565Express Delivery Available£29.29 with VAT Relief
- Standard Blanket Cradle Item Code: MS19669£25.89 with VAT Relief
- Rigid Blanket Cradle Item Code: MS21332Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£22.89 with VAT Relief
- Folding Bed Cradle Item Code: MS10583FREE ShippingFolding Bed CradleA simple metal frame, whose base slips between the mattress and the bed base and the top forms a support cradle for the bed clothes to keep them clear from the legs and feet.For use at the side or end of the bed.SpecificationWidth 35.6cm (14")Length Top 56.5cm (22.1/2") Base 71cm (28")Weight 3kg£50.69 with VAT Relief
- Blanket Cradle - Folding Item Code: MS15022Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£27.69 with VAT Relief
- Folding Chrome Bed Cradle Item Code: MS24310£23.69 with VAT Relief
- Bed Cradle Blanket Support Item Code: MS17226The Bed Cradle Blanket Support represents real value for money and has been designed to create a free space at the end of the bed between the covers and mattress.£16.95 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section