- Bed Mate Bed Table Item Code: MS17057Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Mate Bed Table is a lightweight, portable and truly versatile aid that has been designed to allow the user to read, write or eat comfortably while in bed.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.95Save: £6.00
- Folding Wooden Bed Tray Item Code: MS24129This attractive and functional Folding Bed Tray makes breakfast in bed, reading or writing easy. The wooden legs on the bed tray fold out to be placed over your legs and the table top surface is laminated for easy cleaning. With built-in handles to more easily carry and position the Bed Tray.Ideal for use in the bedroom or loungeIdeal for dining, reading and writingFolding legs to raise the height of the trayWipe-clean finish on the table top for convenience
- Folding Adjustable Wooden Bed Tray Item Code: MS24128This attractive and functional Folding Adjustable Bed Tray makes breakfast in bed, reading or writing easier and more comfortable thanks to the cleverly-designed table top, which you can set at different angles to suit your needs and activities.Special PriceWas: £15.29Save: £0.95
- Ventilated Adjustable Wooden Bed Tray Item Code: MS22848Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Ventilated Adjustable Wooden Bed Tray boasts a unique design, it is fitted with holes in the work area to allow for ventilation when using a laptop therefore helping to prevent overheating.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £28.49Save: £3.54
- Multi Purpose Lap Desk Item Code: MS19400
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section