- Rigid Leg Lifter Item Code: MS11730Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Rigid Leg Lifter with stirrup loop is an invaluable wheelchair accessory. Its webbing strap and stiffened stem allows the user to move a stiff or immobile leg, when getting on or off a wheelchair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £4.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £7.95Save: £3.00
- Double Handle Leg Lifter Item Code: MS10859Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Double Handle Leg Lifter is an extremely simply yet highly effective aid that has been specially designed for immobile or simply stiff or injured users to help them lift their legs.Express Delivery Available£6.49 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Smart Leg Lifter - Non Rigid Item Code: MS26533£9.59 with VAT Relief
- Helping Hand Leg Up - Black Item Code: MS20833Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Helping Hand Leg Up - BlackHelp getting in and out of bed and when seated. Ideal for post-surgery, the extra wide foot loop can be used with a cast. 68cm 28" long.How To Use:Hold the leg-up with the rigid handleand hook the stirrup over your footPull up on the padded loop to lift your lep into the desired positionExpress Delivery Available£9.99 with VAT Relief
- Leg Lifter With Stirrup Loop Item Code: MS10858Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.49 with VAT Relief
- Thigh Lifter Item Code: MS11731Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£9.29 with VAT Relief
- Norco Leg Lifter Item Code: MS10127Norco Leg LifterFeaturesHelps clients move legs safely following hip injury.Raise or lower legs with the Norco Leg Lifter.Ideal for clients with weak hip flexors following total hip replacements.The 560mm (22") aluminium rod and 250mm (10") wide nylon webbing.Rod bends easily to accommodate any foot.Total lenght measures 1080mm (42.5")Weighs 71g£9.79 with VAT Relief
- Deluxe Thigh Lifter Item Code: MS12638FREE ShippingDeluxe Thigh LifterIdeal for transfering the leg from one place to another.Easily reposition the leg while sitting or transfering from a wheelchai, car or bed with Thigh Lifter. Perfect for clients who have had spinal cord injuries, or lack the hand strength needed to move their leg.Double stiched grey nylon taffeta loop with Velcro, adjust to accomodate thigh sizes up to 560mm (22") in circumference. Easy-grasp D-ring assists persons with limited hand function or strength.£66.69 with VAT Relief
- Helping Hand Leg Up - Yellow Item Code: MS18897Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Helping Hand Leg Up - YellowHelp getting in and out of bed and when seated. Ideal for post-surgery, the extra wide foot loop can be used with a cast. 68cm 28" long.How To Use:Hold the leg-up with the rigid handleand hook the stirrup over your footPull up on the padded loop to lift your lep into the desired positionExpress Delivery Available£9.59 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Inflatable Leg Lifter - Battery Powered Item Code: MS14861FREE ShippingLifting legs into bed can often prove difficult. Our inflatable Leglifter provides valuable assistance with lifting legs into bed. The Leglifter is attached to the bed underneath the mattress. It is straightforward to fit or remove, and requires no permanent installation. When not in use the Leglifter sits discreetly against the side of the bed.Lifts legs into bed independentlyFits most beds, (including profiling beds)PortableLightweightDiscreetDetachable cover suppliedMinimises risk of back injury to carer by reducing or eliminating moving & handlingPowered by low air pressure using the Airflo Mk3 power sourceSpecificationsInflated length - 124cm (49.1/2")Inflated width - 57cm (22.3/4")Inflated thickness - 10cm (4")Weight - 16kgMaximum user weight - 135kg - 21.1/4st£853.09 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section