- Adjustable Bed Raisers - Static Item Code: MS27472FREE ShippingAdjustable Bed RaisersThese metal framed bed raisers are width and height adjustable, providing the user with a more comfortable position whilst getting in and out of bed. The width adjustment allows the raisers to be used on a single , double, queen or king size bed.To keep the raiser at the required height, a grub screw is inserted into the tube using an allen key which is supplied . The telescopic frame is easilly installed and adjusted using the black knob. the raiser is fixed to the side of the bed frame using the screws for security. Supplied as a pair, one for each side of the bed. SpecificationsBed width: 90 - 154cm (35.5 - 60.5")Maximum user load: 318kg (50stone)Static: 6 - 31cm (2.25 - 12.25")£111.19 with VAT Relief
- Elephant Feet Chair Raisers - 140mm Item Code: MS13099Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Sold as a pack of four, these Elephant Feet Chair Raisers lift the height of a chair by 140mm and are ideal for people that struggle standing from a seated position.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £19.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £24.95Save: £5.00
- Elephant Feet Chair Raisers - 90mm Item Code: MS13098Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These Elephant Feet Chair Raisers provide a raise of 90mm to a chair and are suitable for people that struggle standing from a sitting position.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £17.95Save: £5.00
- Wooden Chair Raisers Item Code: MS18040Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ideal for people with limited mobility, this pack of four Wooden Chair Raisers raises the height of the chair to make sit to stand transfers easier.Express Delivery Available£16.95 with VAT Relief
- Wooden Bed Raisers Item Code: MS18041Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Wooden Bed Raisers are a simple way to raise the height of a bed to make access easier and safer for people with restricted mobility.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £23.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £38.89Save: £14.94
- Adjustable Bed Raisers - Wheeled Item Code: MS14787FREE ShippingAdjustable Bed RaisersThese metal framed bed raisers are width and height adjustable, providing the user with a more comfortable position whilst getting in and out of bed. The width adjustment allows the raisers to be used on a single , double, queen or king size bed.To keep the raiser at the required height, a grub screw is inserted into the tube using an allen key which is supplied . The telescopic frame is easilly installed and adjusted using the black knob. the raiser is fixed to the side of the bed frame using the screws for security. Supplied as a pair, one for each side of the bed. SpecificationsBed width: 90 - 154cm (35.5 - 60.5")Castors size: 5cm (2")Maximum user load: 318kg (50stone)Wheeled: 9.7 - 34.7cm (3.25 - 13.5")£164.39 with VAT Relief
- Langham Linked Bed Rasier - Single Bed Item Code: MS10564The adjustable bed raiser is specifically designed for beds with legs. The base has been elongated to improve the size of its foot print and give much greater stability. Each unit is linked across the width of the bed to provide greater strength.The raise can be altered through the use of insert blocks under the bed leg giving three different height adjustments. Bed legs up to 2¾” square can be fitted into the raiser further increasing the versatility of this product.Height raise 64 to 121mm (2.1/2 to 4.3/4") in 19mm (3/4") incrementsMaximum width of leg 70mm (2.3/4") diameterOverall width adjustment 965 to 1422mm (38 to 56")Single Bed Max Width: 35”Double Bed Max Width: 57.½"Weight 3.4kgNote: Supplied as a pair so you can raise four legs£35.29 with VAT Relief
- Langham Multi-Purpose Furniture Raiser - (Double Bed Kit) Item Code: MS19679FREE ShippingDouble Bed Kit (For double beds with six castors / legs)Linked raisers provide the safest method of raising furniture without damaging the furniture or the user. People who are less able and less strong than they used to be are often less smooth in their movements. They can flop into arm chairs and on to beds. They can pull themselves up using any convenient parts of the furniture. The Langham linked raiser system provides secure raising of the furniture in these regularly encountered real life situations.The Langham Multi-Purpose Raiser is unique in its design and versatility. It has been carefully developed using over nearly 30 years of design and manufacturing experience in raising furniture, coupled with the feedback received from Occupational Therapists.This is the first linked raiser that has been designed specifically to raise chairs, settees and beds equally well. The Multi-Purpose Raiser has been designed to be discreet when used under furniture, with the least intrusion and maximum support giving security and reassurance.The Multi-Purpose Raiser (MPR) and linking spreader bars are made from tough high quality plastic that is easy to clean by hand or mechanical processes.Double Bed Kit Includes3 x Main Units3 x Spreader Bars£82.69 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section