Mattress & Pillow Raisers
- Quiet Knight Mattress Raiser Item Code: MS23856FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The Quiet Knight Mattress Raiser is a bed aid; the ideal solution for raising and lowering of the mattress to facilitate easy transfer into and out of bed.Express Delivery Available£368.39 with VAT Relief
- Mattress Genie Item Code: MS20507FREE ShippingThis Inflatable Pillow Lifter is ideal for people that suffer from acid reflux or snoring, nursing mothers, people recovering from surgery or those that just like to sit up and read whilst in bed.Special Price £109.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £124.99Save: £15.04
- The Mattress Genie - Double Item Code: MS20508FREE ShippingThe Mattress GenieThe Mattress Genie is an innovative new product that offers all the features and benefits of a traditional electric adjustable bed.Why the Mattress Genie?Now everyone can enjoy the comfort and luxury of an adjustable bed!This universal bed lift transforms your existing bed into an adjustable bed for a fraction of the cost of a mechanical adjustable bed.The Mattress Genie consists of 3 pieces; the wedge-shaped air bladder, electric air pump and remote hand control. With just the touch of a button, you can raise the head of your mattress to the angle that best suits your needs, be those of a medical nature or just purely to enjoy reading or watching television. Features and benefits of the Mattress Genie Save hundreds of pounds on the price of an electric adjustable bed Can be used with your existing bed to maximise comfort and minimise inconvenience Can be set up in seconds and can be used on any type of bed, ideal for holidays or short stays away from home Is shown to ease the symptoms of Acid Reflux, Hiatus Hernia, Bronchial & Respiratory problems, Heart & Circulatory problems and assists those with difficulties getting in and out of bed.Quick Facts about the Mattress Genie Works on any mattress up to 18" (46cm) thick (excluding waterbeds) Won't cause the mattress to slide No footboard, headboard or divan base needed Fully inflates in less than 1 minute - raising the head of your mattress up to 40°, or about 26" (66cm) Gently deflates using gravity and body weight Lifts up to 450kg for double bed size and 225kg for single bed size Works where mechanical beds are not practical due to space limitations e.g. hotels, mobile homes, caravans No exposed mechanical moving parts Hand control features illuminated buttonsApproximate sizes are:Double 122cm ’’ to fit a 54’’ bed£133.59 with VAT Relief
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery Available£26.69 with VAT Relief
- Harley Bed Relaxer - Bed Wedge Item Code: MS15510FREE ShippingHarley Bed Relaxer - Bed WedgeSupport and comfort whilst sitting or sleeping in bed. Can be used in two ways either upright to allow easy reading For those who find it uncomfortable to sleep lying flat, perhaps due to hiatus hernia or respiratory conditions - just turn it around and place under a normal pillow Washable fleece coverBed Relaxer 45x56x20>1cm
- Small Bed Wedge Item Code: MS18502Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£23.49 with VAT Relief
- Deluxe Folding Backrest Item Code: MS15026Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.99 with VAT Relief
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£34.29 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Handy Pillowlift Pillow Lifter Item Code: MS20459FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Mangar Handy Pillowlift Pillow Lifter is an easy to use, air filled pillow lifter that gently raises the user into a comfortable, seated position at the simple touch of a button.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £634.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £648.39Save: £13.44
- Comfort Knight Pillow Raiser Item Code: MS18890FREE ShippingComfort Knight Pillow RaiserThe Comfort Knight Pillow Raiser bed aid enables one person to be safely raised and lowered in comfort, independently of any other occupant of the bed. This sturdy pillow raiser is powered by an extremely quiet actuator and is covered with a purpose made contoured mattress, finished in vinyl. Cotton covers are available.Features140 kg (22 stone) weight limitSuper quiet actuator with automatic safety spineEasy touch hand control.Neat unobtrusive power boxContoured mattress with removable cover for simple cleaningFinished in easy clean vinyl.Traversing safety straps as standard for increased stabilitySpecificationColour: BeigeWeight: 16.00 kgWidth: 670 mmDepth: 720 mmMinimum Height: 170 mmMaximum Height: 800 mmAngle Of Raise (degrees): 8 - 68£368.39 with VAT Relief
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS12308FREE ShippingThe Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.This bed wedge has had over whelming demand from acid reflux (GERD / GORD) Oesophagitis (hiatal hernia) Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, hiatus hernia & heart burn sufferers with many amazon reviews supporting the benefit of this product. This bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish Made£69.99 with VAT Relief
- Comfy Adjustable Back Rest Item Code: MS10002This Adjustable Back Rest provides a comfortable, secure and stable back rest and can be adjusted to 6 different positions between 20 and 75 degrees to provide optimum comfort when lying or sitting up in bed.Special Price £15.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £24.79Save: £8.84
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section