- Casa Elite Care Home Bed Item Code: PG33387FREE ShippingThis range of four-section electrical profiling beds with adjustable head, foot, and knee sections support effective resident care. The Casa Elite offers multiple profiling and positioning benefits that can reduce other potential complications of immobility. The Casa Elite is available as a standard or a low model; both bed variants allow the bed to be raised/lowered to a height such that a carer's posture is closer to neutral for the moving and handling of patients. Patented full length dipped metal side rails, designed with a stepped-down section for easy resident egress and ingressThe bed is designed for single-person installation - all bed sections are below 25kg for safe manual handlingReverse Trendelenburg function (foot down position) places the body on an incline with the head elevated up to 11°The Cardiac chair position additionally provides a comfortable seated position for users nursed in bed, further promoting interaction and comfort whilst undertaking activitiesAuto contour function is a pre-programmed profiling position that raises/lowers both the backrest and knee break simultaneously to promote comfort and minimize migration in the bedIntuitive and easy to use 9 button handset is provided as standard with the Casa EliteAn optional 10 button handset for Trendelenburg positioning (head-down tilt) is availableLow height option available at just 19.2cm minimum height from the floor to the mattress platform; reducing the risk of a fall from height for vulnerable residentsOptional bed platform extension accommodates taller individuals by increasing the length by 16cmA large range of side rails provide additional safety for the resident whilst in bed; with wooden and metal options availableAvailable in three wood finishes to compliment room décor. Wood colors available are Beech (this is the standard color), Light Oak and WalnutInterchangeable spare parts and accessories including side rails, grab handles, and padding systemsA vast range of compatible accessories are available to meet key user requirementsThe Casa Elite range of beds are compliant to: EN 60601-1-11 (Type B applied parts compliant), EN 60601-1 & EN 60601-2-52 Bed Dimensions (L x W): 214cm x 102.5cm Platform Dimensions (L x W): 200.2 x 90.7cm Casa Elite Care Home Low Platform Height Range: 19.2-61.2cm Trendelenburg Angle: 11° +/- 1° User Weight Capacity: 165kg (26st) Safe Working Load: 200kg (31.5st)From £890.09 with VAT Relief
- Devon Electric Adjustable Bed Item Code: PG15037FREE ShippingThe Devon Adjustable Bed is British made, from the well renowned Restwell range of Electric Adjustable Beds, a range that is known for being high quality and easy to adjust to the ideal position to ensure maximum support and comfort for the user.Special Price £679.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,389.00Save: £709.05
- Richmond Electric Adjustable Divan Bed Item Code: PG28561FREE ShippingThe Richmond Electric Adjustable Beds are from the well known Restwell range of high quality electrically powered beds that can offer an infinite amount of positions thus helping the user to relax in total comfort, and encouraging a deeper, more restful night's sleep.Special Price £689.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,195.95Save: £1,506.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section