- Reusable Isolation Gown Item Code: MS31921Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Medical Isolation Gown represents real value for money and is machine washable upto 75 times to promote longevity and help reduce waste.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £29.94Save: £12.00
- Fluid Resistant Disposable Gowns - Pack of 15 Item Code: MS32042These Fluid Resistant Disposable Gowns are supplied in a pack containing 15 individually wrapped PPE gowns, the gowns are made from blue coloured, durable Polyethylene.Special PriceWas: £33.54Save: £21.60
- Disposeable Aprons Blue - Heavy Duty (2 Hanging Packs Of 100) Item Code: MS15239
- Disposeable Aprons Red - Standard (2 Hanging Packs of 100) Item Code: MS15237
- Disposeable Aprons White - Heavy Duty (2 Hanging Packs Of 100) Item Code: MS15238
- Disposeable Aprons White - Standard (2Hanging Packs Of 100) Item Code: MS15235
- Disposeable Aprons Blue - Standard (2 Hanging Packs Of 100) Item Code: MS15236
- Disposeable Aprons Blue - Standard (Roll Of 200) Item Code: MS15234
- Disposeable Aprons White - Standard (Roll Of 200) Item Code: MS14945Disposeable ApronsIdeal for use by carers or users at mealtimes, craft times, or when barrier nursing care is required. Comfortable and strong polythene disposable aprons .Standard80 Gauge MaterialLength: 107cm Heavy Duty100 Gauge MaterialLength: 117cmNote: Supplied in either a roll of 200 or two hangers of 100 (see options below)
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section