TGA - Vita Midi Mobility Scooter
The 4-Wheel TGA Vita Midi brings to the market ground-breaking developments in compact mobility scooter technology for 2012. Taking cutting edge styling, comfort and performance to the next level, the Vita Midi now offers a compact option within the Vita family that has already proven to be a leading choice across the UK.
The Vita Midi 4 is unlike any other compact mobility scooter available today. As with all Vitas from TGA, the Vita Midi utilises engineering techniques from the motorcycle industry, incorporates state-of- the-art styling and has all round suspension with a revolutionary rear mono shock absorber. It provides comfort for an owner weighing up to 135kg (21.3 stone) and has a top speed of 12.8km/h (8mph) which is delivered by a powerful 500w transaxle motor. As the chassis is more streamlined and the turning circle has been reduced to a mere 1200mm (47"), it provides superb manoeuvrability around town and boasts a 35km (22miles) range with standard 50a/h batteries which is impressive for such a compact scooter.
It's dynamic looks and stunning alloy wheels are perfect for end users who prefer a vehicle that does not resemble a traditional mobility scooter and makes a unique visual statement when driven. The new Vita Midi 4 encompasses a full lighting kit for maximum safety with high visibility, long life LED head and rear lights along with indicators - all of which use less battery power and hence improve efficiency.
The deluxe orthopaedic seat and enhanced LCD tiller are both fully adjustable so optimum ergonomics are achieved for every user along with easier access on and off the scooter. Controls have been enhanced for the simplest operation and the striking, unique body mouldings are available in Metallic Red or Graphite Grey.
- Compact chassis for fantastic manoeuvrability around town
- Market leading reliability and build quality
- Up to 21 stone / 135kg user capacity
- The smoothest ride available through revolutionary shock absorbers
- High visibility LED lights with clever low energy usage
- 8mph (12.8km/h) top speed with range of up to 20 miles (32.1km)
- Powerful 120amp controller
- Orthopaedic, swivelling and fully adjustable seat provides all day comfort
- Choice of Graphite Grey or Metallic Red colours
- Supplied with Powerful 50ah batteries
- Revolutionary rear mono shock absorber
- State-of-the-art digital controls for ease of use
- Overall Length: 1320mm (52")
- Overall Width: 670mm (26.5")
- Turning Radius: 1200mm (47")
- Ground Clearance: 100mm (4")
- Seat Height (from platform) Adjustable: 460mm (18")
- Seat Width: 460mm (18")
- Backrest Height: 560mm (22")
- Tyre Size Front: 280mm x 100mm (11" x 4")
- Tyre Size Rear: 280mm x 80mm (11" x 3")
- Weight (including batteries): 110 kg (242 lb)
- Battery Weight (each): 15 kg (33lb)
- Maximum Carrying Weight: 135kg (298lb)
- Maximum speed: 12 kph (7.5-8 mph)
- Safe Climbing Angle: 12%
- Max Range: 35km (22miles)
- Motor: 24V 500W
- Controller: P&G'S'Drive
- Charger: 115-230 volt 5amp
- Batteries: 2 x 12v 50 a/h SLA
|Detachable Battery Pack||No|
|Number of Wheels||4|
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
- Personal Liability up to £2 million
- Replacement on a “New for Old” Basis
- Loss or Damage
- 24/7 National Breakdown Recovery
- Loss of Keys
- Personal Accident
- Personal Effects
- Temporary Mobility Equipment
- Hire Costs
- Hospitalisation Benefit
- Dental Fees
- Vet Fees If a pet travelling with you is injured.
IPID(s) and Terms of Business Agreement
Mobility Smart Ltd, Unit 12 – 13 Creamery Industrial Estate, Kenlis Road, Barnacre, Preston, PR3 1GD is an Appointed Representative of Mark Bates Ltd, Premier House, Londonthorpe Road, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 9SN are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Number: 308390. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section