- Swivel Seat Item Code: MS10841Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swivel Seat is an invaluable car mobility aid for use when transferring both to and from a car, the Swivel Seat boasts luxuriously warm and comfortable fleece upper, generous foam padding and a base that turns easily to allow the user to get in or out of seats with ease.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.59Save: £1.64
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery Available£13.29 with VAT Relief
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Shine Fleece Cover Swivel Cushion - White (16x2") Item Code: MS16530Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Helps turning when getting in or out of car, wheelchair or bed, has a washable soft fleece top cover.Express Delivery Available£21.89 with VAT Relief
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code: MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery Available£14.99 with VAT Relief
- Shine Smooth Fabric Cover Turning Ring Cushion - Navy (16x4") Item Code: MS16531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Provides easy rotation in 360°Donut Shape form cushion fits the hip to reduce the pressure when sitting. Distributes weight evenly and help maintain the correct pose when sitting. Includes a washable cover and non slip sheetExpress Delivery Available£22.59 with VAT Relief
- Rota Stand Compact Item Code: MS28751FREE ShippingThe Rotastand...Compact combines all the benefits of the Rotastand and the Rotastand...Solo in one product with the added value of being lightweight (only 10kg) and foldable. The folding and lightweight nature of the Rotastand...Compact is ideal for community assessments by therapists who often have to lift equipment in and out of their vehicles. Equally, a more independent lifestyle is encouraged for clients who wish to travel to friends and relatives. The Rotastand...Compact fits easily into the boot of a car. Foldable compact design reduces storage and transport issues. Lightweight: easy to manoeuvre and lift in and out of vehicles. Height adjustable frame and shin pad to suit all clients. Central Wheels allow easy positioning. Stabilizing bar allows a one person transfer. 200kg weight limit.£285.09 with VAT Relief
- Shine Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15.5x2") Item Code: MS16529Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- ROTARY LEG EXTENSION Item Code: MS10843FREE ShippingDesigned to assist the lower limbs during functional transfers. This ingenious device consists of a rotary disc mounted beneath a padded cushion and a glide sheet. It enables a carer to effectively and safely assist lower limb movement during bed to chair transfers, minimising the risk to both carer and patient. The glide sheet includes two sturdy handles to enable a sure grip. The padded cushion ensures patient comfort during the transfer. Ideal for positioning oedematous legs.£167.09 with VAT Relief
- Medidisk TurnTable Item Code: MS10024FREE ShippingThis small, lightweight stand-on turntable is ideal for individuals who can stand, but have difficulties turning when making a transfer. The MediDisk turns a full 360° in any direction, making it suitable for a variety of transfer situations. By placing a foot on the flexible rim the carer can control the movement of the turntable, leaving hands free to provide support to the user. The MediDisk also provides the smoothest possible turning movement through its twin ball race system. This transfer-disc reduces the risk of injury to both carer and user. Diameter: 381mm Max User Weight: 115kg£86.29 with VAT Relief
- Kozee Komforts Easy Turn Cushion - Black (14x1.5") Item Code: MS12634FREE Shipping
This turntable is made all the more comfortable by the 1" thick high density foam cushion.£35.69 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section