Used Patient Handling Equipment
- **EX DEMO** Mangar Bathing Cushion Item Code: U18005FREE Shipping
Manufactured by Mangar International, a world leader in the production of inflatable moving and handling equipment, and bathing equipment for the elderly, the disabled and for the Emergency services, the Mangar Bathing Cushion has a very clever internal honeycomb structure that makes it very supportive, hard wearing and reliable.£200.00 with VAT Relief
- Birdie Compact Hoist **Used** Item Code: U558621BFREE ShippingThis robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools£495.00 with VAT Relief
- Return 7500 **Used** Item Code: U462589FREE ShippingThe ReTurn isan assistive device for transferring patients, specially designed to make different sit-to-stand and transfer situations easier for both users and carers. The design allows the patient to get close and rise to a standing position using natural movements. The knee supports are height adjustable, which makes it easy to adapt the device for any patient. Its lightweight construction makes it ideal to transport. Easy to clean and store and very easy to manoeuvre. Dimensions Handle Height: 115cm (45.25") Weight: 15Kgs Max User Weight: 150Kgs (23St)£399.00 with VAT Relief
- Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist (Detachable Battery) **Used** Item Code: U448746FREE ShippingReduces strain on carers and enables comfortable transfers for people who are unable to stand safely. Easy to store and transport. The Birdie Compact Mobile Hoist can be easily folded and unfolded without the need for tools. Additionally, the hoists can be dismantled into two parts if needed also without tools. A high boom maximises space for the client and gives an ergonomic lift and transfer as the client can be easily rotated in the hoist. This design reduces the risk of injury as the clients knees will not be close to the actuator. These electric hoists feature manual leg spread, a two point spreader bar, emergency stop, emergency lowering and detachable battery for ease of charging. Birdie Hoists take up minimal space when stored and are easy to push and transport ideal for both domestic and institutional environments. If required, the mast and boom can be easily detached from the base. Specifications Max. overall length (base): 1000mm (39½") Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm (62½") Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm (20½") Internal Width, legs open: 890mm (35") External Width, Legs closed: 530mm (20") Turning Circle: 1070mm (42") Ground Clearance: 100mm (4") Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36Kg£499.99 with VAT Relief
- Arjo Maxi Move With Scales & Slings **Used** Item Code: MS26868FREE ShippingArjo Maxi Move With Scales & Slings **Refurbished** is excellent condition.FeaturesWall mounted charger & two batteriesPowered Speader BarClass III Electric ScaleSpecificationsMaximum safe Working load: 227 kgMaximum safe working load (if equipped with Extended Jib): 130 kgWeight (including Combi Jib and medium PDPS and battery): 70 kgLifting stroke: 1315 mmMinimum lifting height (medium DPS): 225 mmMaximum mifting height (Medium DPS): 1540 mmHeight of chassis: 117 mmHeight (with low height castors): 86 mmExternal width legs closed: 717 mmInternal width legs open: 1160 mmProtection class: Lifter IPX4Handset: IPX7Battery: 24 V, 5.5 Ah sealed lead acidGeneral InfoYear of Manufacture: 2009Batteries: 90% +Plastics: ExcellentWheels: ExcellentTyres: ExcellentOverall: 9/10Whats Included6 Months WarrantyWall mounted charger Automatic Battery ChargerUser manual12 Used slings (most as new)Fully Serviced, Tested & Cleaned.Delivery OptionsLocal Engineer DeliveryNation Wide Engineer DeliverySpecial Price £1,999.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,999.99Save: £1,000.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section