- Lateral Transfer Slide - 185cm X 65cm Item Code: MS24281FREE ShippingThe Lateral Transfer Slide has a smooth surface and non-slip base allowing a patient to be moved from one surface to another without the need to be lifted. Used in conjunction with the Transfer Sheet, correct posture during the transfer is maintained. The Lateral Transfer Slide has tapered edges to allow for easy insertion and removal.Size: 185 x 65cm£209.99 with VAT Relief
- NRS Lateral Transfer Slide Item Code: MS24406FREE ShippingEnables sideway transfers onto bed, trolley or other flat surface.Used in conjunction with the Transfer Glide Sheet (above) for patient transfer from bed to bed, trolley, theatre table or shower trolley. Bridges the gap between the two surfaces. Smooth surface and non-slip base allow the patient to be moved from one surface to another without the need to be lifted. Tapered edges and hand holes allow easy insertion and removal.Dimensions:Length: 1850mm (73")Width: 650mm(25½")Maximum use weight limit: 190kg (30st)Product weight: 5.2kg (11lb).£378.49 with VAT Relief
- MaxiGlide - Lateral Transfer Board - Non-folding Item Code: MS24404FREE ShippingEnables sideway transfers onto bed, trolley or other flat surface.Lateral Transfer Board mainly used for transfers between beds and shower trolleys, x-ray or operating tables or similar transfers. Can span gaps up to 200mm (7¾"), as well as small differences in height. Anti slip pads on the underside provide stability during transfer. Feature numerous handgrips for ease of use and transport. Dimensions:Length: 1700mm (67")Width: 500mm (19½")Maximum use weight limit: 135kg (21st)
- Transfer Sheet Item Code: MS10837FREE ShippingTransfer SheetA full body-length sheet with six long handholds that can be used with a lateral transfer slide to aid transfers between two surfaces. The long handles eliminate the need to bend and stretch to effect the transfer. The Transfer Sheet can be used in an emergency situation when a patient has fallen.SpecificationsLength 1900mm (75"). Width 1000mm (391/2").£51.99 with VAT Relief
- Lateral Transfer Slide Item Code: MS10836FREE ShippingThis Lateral Transfer Slide has a smooth surface and non-slip base allowing a patient to be moved from one surface to another without the need to be lifted. When used with a Transfer Sheet, correct posture during the transfer is maintained. It features tapered edges to allow for easy insertion and removal.Dimensions:Length 1850mm (73'). Width 650mm (25. 1/2'). Weight 5.2kg.£232.79 with VAT Relief
- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS21623FREE ShippingEvacuation SheetThe Evacuation Sheet attaches permanently to the bottom of a flexible foam mattress by means of strong elastic. It has safety belts to hold the patient on the mattress and pulling straps at each end. The combination of slippery sheet and flexible mattress will pass through doorways and down stairs. When not in use, the straps can be stored in integral pockets
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section