- Orbital Transfer Platform Item Code: MS33440FREE ShippingPivots between sitting surfaces Reduces physical strains placed on carers Handle bar surrounds user for increased support Non slip footplate offers secure foothold for user Assists a person who is weight bearing and has good upper body strength to transfer from one seated position to another Pivots between sitting surfaces - not to be used for transporting user Provides an ergonomically correct working position, facilitating carers with manual handling duties Handle bar surrounds user for increased support and sense of security Multiple handholds with soft touch, latex free rubber grips give flexible, comfortable support Manufactured from sturdy high tensile steel, with peel proof powder coating for longevity Fitted with 2 x 10cm (4") raised rubber castors, unit is very manoeuvrable and 3 side struts ensure secure, anti tip turntable platform Accessible, hand operated locking device enables platform to turn and lock in 5 separate positions for enhanced positioning and for controlling turning speed Non slip footplate offers secure foothold for user Smooth, wipe clean surfaces£537.89 with VAT Relief
- Cricket II Patient Transfer Aid Item Code: MS31579FREE ShippingThe Cricket II represents real value for money and is a highly versatile Patient Transfer Aid that combines the functionality of both a stand aid hoist and a patient turner.Special Price £999.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,295.00Save: £295.05
- ETAC Patient Turner Pro Item Code: MS31473FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The ETAC Patient Turner Pro boasts an innovative design that provides safe patient turning with standing support making it ideal for use in both care and home environments.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £350.09Save: £100.14
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Soft Handles (2 Pack) Item Code: MS30124Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£25.29 with VAT Relief
- Rota Stand Compact Item Code: MS28751FREE ShippingThe Rotastand...Compact combines all the benefits of the Rotastand and the Rotastand...Solo in one product with the added value of being lightweight (only 10kg) and foldable. The folding and lightweight nature of the Rotastand...Compact is ideal for community assessments by therapists who often have to lift equipment in and out of their vehicles. Equally, a more independent lifestyle is encouraged for clients who wish to travel to friends and relatives. The Rotastand...Compact fits easily into the boot of a car. Foldable compact design reduces storage and transport issues. Lightweight: easy to manoeuvre and lift in and out of vehicles. Height adjustable frame and shin pad to suit all clients. Central Wheels allow easy positioning. Stabilizing bar allows a one person transfer. 200kg weight limit.£285.09 with VAT Relief
- Ablestand Patient Turner Item Code: MS25136FREE ShippingThe Ablestand Patient Turner helps a carer or attendant to assist a patient or user to transfer to another seat, bed, wheelchair, toilet or commode by standing and turning.Sturdy steel frameHeight, width and angle adjustable PU leg supportsTwo 8cm diameter wheels for portabilityEasy to assembleMulti grip handle design with opening for quick fitting of support beltsHeight adjustable handlesTwo large steel discs with two nylon plates making rotating smooth and effortlessWeight capacity 24st (150kg)SpecificationsWidth: 49cm (19")Depth: 45cm (18")Min Height: 80cm (31.5")Max Height: 126cm (50")Base Diameter: 41cm (16")Wheel Diameter: 8cm (3")Pad Size: 16 x 18cm (6x7")Max User Weight: 150Kgs (24St)£491.19 with VAT Relief
- Orbital Transfer Platform With Knee Support Item Code: MS26609FREE ShippingOrbital Transfer Platform With Knee SupportAssists a person who is weight bearing and has good upper body strength to transfer from one seated position to another. Non slip footplate offers secure foothold for user .Accessible, hand operated locking device enables platform to turn and lock in 5 separate positions for enhanced positioning and for controlling turning speed. Fitted with 2 x 10cm (4”) raised rubber castors, unit is very manoeuvrable and 3 side struts ensure secure, anti tip turntable platform. Manufactured from sturdy high tensile steel, with peel proof powder coating for longevity. Multiple handholds with soft touch, latex free rubber grips give flexible, comfortable support. Handle bar surrounds user for increased support and sense of security.Reduces physical strains placed on carers by providing an ergonomically correct working position. Pivots between sitting surfaces - not to be used for transporting user.SpecificationsWidth: 26" (66cm)Depth: 27" (69cm)Width between arms: 17" (43cm)Height of front handles from base: 30" (76cm)Height of top bar from base: 39" (99cm)Disc Diameter: 18" (45cm)Weight: 40lbs (18kg)Max user weight: 35stone (222kg)£496.69 with VAT Relief
- Ambiturn Item Code: MS25043FREE ShippingAmbiturnThe Ambiturn assistive device for transferring patients, specially designed to make different sit-to-stand and transfer situations easier for both users and carers.The design allows the patient to get close and rise to a standing position using natural movements.The knee supports are height adjustable, which makes it easy to adapt the device for any patient.Its lightweight construction makes it ideal to transport.Easy to clean and store and very easy to manoeuvre.DimensionsHandle Height: 115cm (45.25")Weight: 15KgsMax User Weight: 150Kgs (23St)£616.59 with VAT Relief
- The Orbi-Turn Item Code: MS11326FREE ShippingOrbi-Turn The orbi-turn has been designed for carers to facilitate standing and seat-to-seat transfers, whilst minimising the risk of injury to themselves and the patient. It allows a client with moderate upper and lower limb strength to participate in functional transfers whilst ensuring good working postures for carers and therapists.Height adjustable and angled knee pad facilitates normal biomechanical hip and knee movement.Height adjustable hand bar to suit a range of clientsThigh pad gives the client a secure and supportive contact point for increased stability and comfort during transfers.Turntable effortlessly rotates through 360 for repositioning in even the most confined spacesNon-slip footprints provide secure foot placement and show clients where to position feetEasy to operate foot brake prevents rotation and over-balancing during sit-to-standTwo rear castors provide easy transport from client to clientFront mounted sprung castor assist the carer in positioning the orbi-turn once the clients feet are in positionFolds flat for transport and storageHeight adjustable between 815 and 1315mm to suit a variety of clientsFrame constructed of steel for durability and strengthWeighs only 15kgsMax User weight 190Kgs (30St)DimensionsBottom Handle Min Height: 815mmBottom Handle Max Height: 1175mmTop Handle Min Height: 920mmTop Handle Max Height: 1315mmCentre Of Knee Pad Min Height: 235mmCentre Of Knee Pad Max Height: 510mm£301.19 with VAT Relief
- Rota Stand Item Code: MS10020FREE ShippingRota StandThe Rota Stand has been developed to allow an assisted transfer from one seated position to another. The frame, shin pad, and turntable combine to give optimum safety to both carer and individual during the transfer. The central wheels are a unique innovationbecause they allow the Rota Stand to be rolled up to the person even after their feet have been positioned on the product.Promoting safer movementAllows a safe, smooth and controlled swivel transferReduces the need to hold a person during a transferEncourages an independent and dignified transferOther features include:Height adjustable frame to suit allFoot pedal break to secure turn-tableCentral wheels for easy positioningAngled shin pad for comfortable standing position160kgs (352lbs) weight limitBase measures 530 x 530mm (21" x 21")Max User Weight: 25 st (160kg)Product available in white only.£271.09 with VAT Relief
- Rota Move Deluxe Item Code: MS10019FREE ShippingRota Move Deluxe The Rota Move allows a safe pivot transfer and combines as a transporter eliminating the need for a wheelchair or commode chair to take a patient/client to bed, toilet or living area. The handlebar and rotating disc allows the client to pull or push themselves into a standing position either with or without assistance.Once stood on the rotating disc the client can be gently rotated to a different position in order to be re-seated. This prevents dangerous shuffling associated with pivot/transfers. Alternatively the client can be rotated and sat on the Rota Move seat. Once on the Rota Move seat a nurse or carer can transport the client safely to the bathroom, toilet, bedroom etc.Developed to give maximum versatility by combining four separate handling transfers in one product: sit to stand, pivot, seated and side transfer. Features include height adjustable frame, seat and side flaps, a locking turntable and large locking castors.DimensionsHeight at high position 1340mm (52.3/4")Height at low position 1090mm (43")Length 860mm (33.3/4")Width 590mm (23.1/4")Seat and side flaps adjust from 450 to 700mm (17.3/4 to 27.1/2")Max User Weight: 25 st (160kg)£945.39 with VAT Relief
- Rota Stand Solo Item Code: MS10021FREE ShippingRota Stand SoloThe Rota Stand Solo Patient Turner is a high quality moving and handling aid that is a modified version of the Rota Stand Patient Turner. The Rota Stand Solo Patient Turner features a special mechanism in its base that allows the user to be transferred from a sitting position to a standing position with the aid of a single carer. This greatly reduces the time it takes to complete this task as well as halving the cost of having two carers present during the transfer. The Rota Stand Solo Patient Turner enables safer, more controlled transfers, thus reducing the risk of injury to both the user and the carer. Make transfers simpler and safer processes with a Rota Stand Solo Patient Turner.Product Specification: One Rota Stand Solo Patient Turner Designed to reduce risk of injury to user and carer Requires only one carer to use Easy to use design Solid build quality Ergonomically shaped leg pads for comfort Height adjistable handles Minimum handle height: 790mm (31") Maximum handle height: 1300mm (50") Patient Turner weight: 17 kgs (38 lbs) Maximum user weight: 200 kgs (31.25 st)£301.69 with VAT Relief
- Molift Quick Raiser 1 Item Code: MS30132FREE ShippingThis Molift Quick Raiser 1 Stand Aid is an exceptionally lightweight, stable and easy to manoeuvre standing aid for disabled and elderly users.Special Price £1,699.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,511.59Save: £811.64
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Safety Raiser Strap - Large Item Code: MS30126FREE Shipping£48.79 with VAT Relief
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Safety Raiser Strap Item Code: MS30125FREE Shipping£43.89 with VAT Relief
- Orbital Transfer Platform With Forearm Supports Item Code: MS26610FREE ShippingThe Orbital Transfer Platform is a highly cost effective, secure and easy to use patient turner that is designed to aid a weight bearing user with good upper body strength transfer from one seated position to another.Special Price £399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £499.95Save: £100.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section