- Evacuation Sledge Item Code: MS21624FREE ShippingEvacuation SledgeThis device consists of dual inner foam - a firm lower layer to ride over any floor surface or stairs, and an upper layer for patient comfort.There are safety belts and a foot pocket to hold the patient in place, pulling loops at each end and a tough slippery coated bottom side.The loop at the head end is to hold back when descending stairways.The whole item is stored in a pouch and can hang on the wall
- Versa-Elite Evacuation Chair Item Code: MS18412FREE ShippingThe Versa-Elite evacuation chair benefits from everything the Versa chair (above) offers, with additional enhancing features providing more comfort to the passenger and operator. It has a comfortable padded seat, enhanced headrest, extended foot rest with leg straps, padded armrests and comfort handgrips. Includes a fitted cover and wall mounting kit.Stair angle: 28-42°Landing size from 900 x 900mm (35 x 35")Stored dimensions 1070 x 520 x 210mm (42 x 20 x 8")Weight 14kgMax User Weight: 150kgs (23.5St)Note: This is special order & takes approximately 10 working days.Important Note: Training is highly recommended please contact us for more info. We also recommend that an annual service is carried out please contact us for more info.
- Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS21623FREE ShippingEvacuation SheetThe Evacuation Sheet attaches permanently to the bottom of a flexible foam mattress by means of strong elastic. It has safety belts to hold the patient on the mattress and pulling straps at each end. The combination of slippery sheet and flexible mattress will pass through doorways and down stairs. When not in use, the straps can be stored in integral pocketsSpecial PriceWas: £133.00Save: £13.30Offer ends 2019-11-05
- Versa Stairway Evacuation Chair Item Code: MS18411FREE ShippingThe Versa evacuation chair has plenty of great features and benefits. It can be operated by one attendant for downstairs evacuation and, with another person, can be used to take the user up the staircase. The advanced belt guide system ensures smooth travel and a supportive seat provides comfort and easy transfer. The chair features easy, instant deployment, integral transit wheels (no kick stand to deploy) and safety brakes on the rear wheels. It has a sturdy, high capacity frame for sustained use. Includes a fitted cover and wall mounting kit.Stair angle: 28-42°Landing size from 900 x 900mm (35 x 35")Stored dimensions 1070 x 520 x 210mm (42 x 20 x 8").Weight 12kgMax User Weight: 150kgs (23.5St)Note: This is special order & takes approximately 10 working days.Important Note: Training is highly recommended please contact us for more info. We also recommend that an annual service is carried out please contact us for more info.
- D1 Evacuation Chair Item Code: MS19730FREE ShippingD1 Evacuation ChairThe Disability One Evacuation Chair is specially designed for an easier transfer of the evacuee and for the peoples comfort, the squab and cushion sub-straights are padded and features safety straps for extra protection. The evacuation Chair is CE certified in conformity with directive 93/42/ eec for the medical devices.Features of the Evacuation Chair D1First unique safety braking mechanisms helps to control your descent in the even of an emergency stairway evacuation.Simple, safe solution for disabled evacuation via stairways.Single operator use.Specialized corporate branding and colour matching.Light weight but highly robust construction.Weight capacity (165 KG).Industry leading training programmes.CE certified - Number DOC 0102-1 The product is in conformity with directive 93/42/eec for the medical devices.Ergonomically designed Comfort Seating with easy transfer from the wheelchair.Height adjustable two position frame supporting operator comfort and confidence.Specially designed caterpillar track and gear system for various stairway surfaces.Training of the Disability One Evacuation Chair (included in the price)How will Disability One train you and your team.The Key Trainer evacuation chair training involves an experienced instructor visiting your organisation to train your staff up to a Key Trainer level, enabling them to instruct other members of your organisation to a basic operator standard.Not only will this enable you to standardise an in-house training programme, but you will save time and money on your future evacuation schedules and chair operator training throughout your staff.The basic operator evacuation chair training courses are very hands on with each delegate experiencing the practical use from passenger and operator scenarios, the delegates will also gain an understanding of the required users responsibilities as part of your Evacuation Plan during the course. General legislation is covered in terms of our product range and how they operate in relation to your Fire Risk Assessment policy, giving all absolute peace of mind and the understanding of how they benefit the intended users.Each of the successful delegates will receive a certificate proving that they have completed the course. For the client a record of delegates who passed the course will be kept by Disability One and a copy will be sent to you for your records, ensuring your Health & Safety and Fire Evacuation Requirements are always covered within your building
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section