- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mangar are a manufacturer known for developing superb patient lifting equipment, so much so that the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,179.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,495.99Save: £316.04
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,989.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,995.95Save: £1,006.00
- Evacuation Sheet Item Code: MS21623FREE ShippingEvacuation SheetThe Evacuation Sheet attaches permanently to the bottom of a flexible foam mattress by means of strong elastic. It has safety belts to hold the patient on the mattress and pulling straps at each end. The combination of slippery sheet and flexible mattress will pass through doorways and down stairs. When not in use, the straps can be stored in integral pockets
- Mangar Camel Replacement Hand Controller - Plastic Connection Item Code: MS31882FREE ShippingMangar Camel Replacement Hand Controller - Plastic Connection This fits the Plastic Connection£525.49 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Camel Replacement Hand Controller - Metal Connection Item Code: MS31881FREE ShippingMangar Camel Replacement Hand Controller - Metal Connection This fits the metal connection type£525.49 with VAT Relief
- Bedside Safety Mat Flat Item Code: MS23201FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The casaflex foam folding safety floor mat has been designed to provide added security for those at risk of falling or stumbling from bed.SpecificationsLength - 1980mmWidth - 900mmDepth - 150mmWeight - 3.5 kilosFoam Specification - CME24HHMattress Cover infoPU coated fabricWaterproof nylonSewn seamsFire retardancy BS7177:1996 medium hazardExpress Delivery Available£124.99 with VAT Relief
- Carrying Sheet Item Code: MS10861FREE ShippingCarrying Sheet FeaturesThis high quality carrying sheet can be used, subject to risk assessment, to move a person to and from the floor, to carry a person up and down a staircase or to drag a person along the ground to safety. The sheet features a footwell for additional strength and to give the patient added security. There are 10 nylon webbing handles, 4 of which are doubled, positioned in key places around the edge of the sheet. SpecificationsLength 2.15m (841/2"). Width 700mm (271/2"). Depth of footwell 440mm (171/4")***please note that the carry sheet is yellow and not white as illustrated***£99.09 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section