- Starfish Bath Chair - Shower Base Item Code: MS30101FREE ShippingMakes bath time more enjoyable for caregiver and child. The Starfish Bath Chair is designed for simple functionality and adjustability. Height adjustable chair legs with angle adjustable back and leg supports offer a range of height and angle positions so the child and caregiver are more comfortable. Only one hand is needed to release the leg and seat locks are located on both sides of the chair making bath time adjustments quick and simple.The padded support bars give added positioning comfort. The aluminium frame is easy to lift and carry, and the chair folds flat for convenient storage or transportation. Non-slip foam pads provide secure bath placement for stability and security. The seat features extra soft, breathable mesh material that is removable for machine washing and is available in a choice of four colours.An adjustable hip belt and chest belt are included to provide secure positioning and optional abduction straps and head laterals are available as accessories. Available in four sizes to accommodate the youngest child through to adolescence.Size - Child HeightX-Small 80-100cm (2' 7½ " - 3'3")Small 90-120cm (2'11" - 3'11")Medium 110-140cm (3'7" - 4'7")Large 130-165mm (4'3" - 5'5")£421.39 with VAT Relief
- Invadex Shower Trolley - Fixed Height Item Code: MS23674FREE ShippingThis Shower Trolley comes from the British manufacturer Chiltern Invadex, a company known for producing high quality mobile shower trolleys that allow carers to wash service users in comfort and with ultimate ease, reducing the effort required for transfers and making the experience a far less stressful one for all.£2,699.99 with VAT Relief
- Invacare Atlas Front Castor Wheel With Tyre (200 x 30) Item Code: MS25800Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£22.89 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section