Shower Screens & Curtains
- Freeway 90cm High 2 Panel 100x100cm with Handles Fitted Item Code: MS30647FREE Shipping
- Professional Polyester Plain Shower Curtains - White (220x200cm) Item Code: MS26054Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- Textile Stripe Shower Curtain - Cream (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26047Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- Portascreen 3 Panel Shower Guard Item Code: MS24615FREE ShippingPortascreen 3 Panel Shower GuardThe Portascreen shower guard has been designed to contain the spray from a shower. A portable and easy to handle showering solution, the shower screen folds flat for storage and features carry handles for portability. Hinged doors are easily positioned to provide maximum protection for the carer, when assisting in the shower.Totally portable showering solutionQuickly fold flat for storage or transportHinged doors for maximum water protection for the carerProduct DetailsColour: White/ClearWeight (kg): 9.Overall length 1474mmHeight 815mm£310.09 with VAT Relief
- Portable Shower Screen - 2 Panel Item Code: MS15921FREE ShippingManufactured from opaque polycarbonate encased in stylish and sturdy aluminium frames, these portable shower screens have integral handles for moving and carrying. Finished in soft white to blend into most shower areas, the frames have a rounded edge profile for safety and style. The hinges rotate through 90°, enabling the screen to be positioned or moved as required.DimensionsEach panel measuring 900mm (35.1/2"),All panels are 900mm (35.1/2") highWeight 2 Panel: 13kg
- Compact Portable Shower Screen - 2 screen , panel width : 100cm (39") Item Code: MS15926FREE ShippingCompact Portable Shower ScreenPortable shower screens - Easy portable alternative to a fixed shower enclosure, compact and lightweight, helps keep the carer dry during assisted bathing. Folding design allows for easy storage and portability. Fitted with handles to assist with positioning and for lifting. Made to standard screen height, Ideal for rooms and restricted space or smaller shower areas.DimensionsHeight: 75cm (29.1/2")Panels: 2Panel Width:100cm (39")Weight: 9kg (20lbs)
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - Blossom (180x180cm) Item Code: MS30591
- Professional Polyester Plain Shower Curtains - White (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26052
- Professional Polyester Plain Shower Curtains - White (180x200cm) Item Code: MS26053
- Textile Stripe Shower Curtain - Silver (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26049
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - Gold Sphere (180 x 180cm) Item Code: MS26040
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - Cobalt Sphere (180 x 180cm) Item Code: MS26041
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - White Sphere (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26035
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - Jacquard Plum (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26044
- Patterned Polyester Shower Curtains - Mosaic (180x180cm) Item Code: MS26043
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section