- Portable Bath Step Item Code: MS21620Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bath Step provides a raise of 100mm (4 Inch), however when being stacked every additional step provides a further 50mm (2 Inch) raise.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.45 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.79Save: £2.34
- Cork Top Bath Step - 3" Item Code: MS18850This Cork Top Bath Step is a wooden bath step that is designed to aid users when getting in and out of the bath, it represents exceptional value for money and provides a safe, stable and comfortable platform.Special Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £16.09Save: £3.14
- Folding 2-Step Stool Item Code: MS29133Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Easy to fold, simple to store and highly versatile, this Folding 2-Step Stool provides a convenient boost anywhere, whether at home, in the office or simply out and about.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £23.29 with VAT ReliefWas: £33.29Save: £10.00
- Cork Top Bath Step - 5" Item Code: MS18853Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ideal for those with limited mobility, this Cork Top Bath Step has been carefully designed to make getting into and out of the bath easier.Express Delivery Available£14.95 with VAT Relief
- Adjustable Height Bath Step Item Code: MS10498Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Langham Adjustable Height Bath Step is a highly versatile and unique modular bath step. This Bath Step compromises three non-slip, polypropylene sections that can be stacked, one on top of the other, to produce steps of different heights.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £25.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £37.59Save: £11.60
- Cork Top Bath Step - 4" Item Code: MS18852Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Representing outstanding value for money, this Cork Top Bath Step has been designed to provide improved access for people when using the bath.Express Delivery Available£13.95 with VAT Relief
- Lets Step Bath Step Item Code: MS26778FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The new Lets Step Bath Step features an extremely modern design and is an invaluable aid for helping users get in and out of the bath safely.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £90.19Save: £20.24
- Ashby Step Two Bath Step - Red Item Code: MS25265FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Suitable for those with Dementia, this vividly coloured Ashby Step Two is a robust bath step that gives the user a choice of two different step heights.Express Delivery Available£40.95 with VAT Relief
- Plastic Bath Step Box Item Code: MS19665Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.A versatile and lightweight bathing aid, the Plastic Bath Step Box is extremely handy for getting into and out of the bath.Express Delivery Available£19.95 with VAT Relief
- Economy Bath Step Item Code: MS24758The Economy Bath Step features a large and comfortable platform, that has been fitted with a slip resistant surface and boasts a highly visible and attractive light blue padded top which provides the user with utmost comfort.Special Price £9.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £11.09Save: £1.14
- Additional Support Pillars X4 For Nuvo Adjustable Bath Step Item Code: MS24489These four additional support pillars are designed for use with the Nuvo Adjustable Bath Step.Special Price £4.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £8.09Save: £3.14
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section