Bariatric Bathing Aids
- Extra Wide Padded Shower Seat - Blue Item Code: MS31365FREE ShippingA practical and durable shower seat to make life that little bit easier due to its increased width, this shower seat provides a more comfortable showering experience with maximum user weight of 254kg (40st).Special Price £304.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £378.09Save: £73.14
- Bariatric Attendant Propelled Showering Toileting Commode Chair Item Code: MS27003FREE ShippingBariatric Attendant Propelled Showering Toileting Commode Chair. Bariatric range offers patients a solution for when standard size is too small and Bariatrics are too big! Dual functionality as both showering and commode chair. Soft feel polyurethane moulded seat and back for comfort and durability. Clip on / Clip off integrated seat for easy cleaning. Flip up armrest for lateral patient transfer. Foot plates can be independently inclined to suit the patient's requirements. Fully adjustable and removable swing away footrests. Potty holder integrated into the seat. Lightweight aluminium frame. Aluminium 5" braked castors. SpecificationsOverall Height: 101cmOverall Depth: 111cmSeat Height: 51cmSeat Width: 43 x 56cmWidth Betwwen Arms: 57cmMax user Weight: 30stone (191kg£491.49 with VAT Relief
- Bariatric Toileting/Shower chair Item Code: MS15029FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bariatric Toileting/Shower chairFeaturesManufactured from high gauge epoxy powder coated steel,this frame is robust and wide enoughfor bariatric comfort.It is dimensionally sized to fit through a standard door.Seat and back are polyurethane so are soft for patient comfort and easy to clean.Back frame is reinforced and designed to fit flush with toilet cistern.Seat is reversible and the gap can facilitate personal hygiene with access to front or back.SpecificationsSeat height 55cm (23")Floor to underside 46.5cm (18")Width between arms 55.5cm (21.3/45")Seat width 63.5cm (25")Seat to top of back 31cm (12")Back width 54cm (21.25")Back height 36cm (14.25")Handle protrusion 18cm (7")Handle height 82cm to 97cm (32.25") to (38.25")Max user weight 250Kg (40st)Footprint: 750mm x 98cmExpress Delivery Available£671.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section