Bath Grab Rails
- Bathtub Rail Item Code: MS10013Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This Bathtub Grab Bar safety rail provides a firm handle on the bath side that helps give users confidence and provides a stable aid to assist when getting into and out of the bath.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £20.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £28.29Save: £7.34
- Double Loop Tap Rail Item Code: MS16138Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£29.69 with VAT Relief
- Swedish Bath Grab Rail Item Code: MS16139This chrome plated steel, Swedish Bath Grab Rail has been specially designed to provide the user with an incredibly firm grab handle to aid the user when getting into and out of the bath.Special Price £34.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £44.95Save: £10.00
- Bath Grab Rail Item Code: MS10014Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bath Grab Rail is designed to fit on the side of a bath to provide a firm support handle, that increases user stability and confidence when getting in and out of the bath.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £25.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £34.95Save: £9.00
- Single Level Chrome Bath Handle Item Code: MS29823Provides added stability when getting in and out of the bathtub. This safety rail slips easily over the side of the bath and convenient handle heights allow for a seated grip position. Easy to install with waterproof construction comes with non-skid rubber pads to protect the bathtub wall and provide a sure grip.Maximum user weight: 100kg (15 stone)For use on bathtubs between 60 -125mmSize: 10 x 26 x32cm£23.79 with VAT Relief
- Bathtub Support Bar Item Code: MS24889Bathtub Support BarFeatures Mounts to any clean horizontal / vertical flat non-porous surface in seconds.Twin suction cups hold the bar securely in place.Quick and easy to fit as well as relocate.No need for drilling or screws.Support grip provides added assistance where you need it most. SpecificationsSize: 31.5 x 36cmCup diameter 9cmWeight: 0.5kgColour: White£9.59 with VAT Relief
- Bath Grab Bar Item Code: MS23640The Bath Grab Bar is an affordable way of making bath transfers much safer for the elderly and disabled. The extra stability afforded by the Bath Grab Bar makes bathroom injuries much less likely.£21.95 with VAT Relief
- Hampshire Tap Rail Item Code: MS10501
The Hampshire Tap Rail has contoured white plastic mouldings to provide the user with a better grip on the rail when using it to raise or lower themselves safely in the bath.Special PriceWas: £29.94Save: £7.99
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section