Bath Pillows & Cushions
- Economy Bath Pillow Item Code: MS19312Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.To ensure ultimate support and comfort while bathing this Economy Bath Pillow is luxuriously padded in a soft, warm feel foam neopreneExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £6.98Save: £2.74
- Inflatable Bath Cushion Item Code: MS10600Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Designed for maximum support, this Inflatable Bath Cushion provides a comfortable seating area helping the user to relax when bathing.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £10.91Save: £3.06
- Home Spa Lumbar Bath Cushion Item Code: MS31131Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£10.08 with VAT Relief
- Foam Padded Bath Cushion Item Code: MS24300Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Foam Padded Bath Cushion has designed to provide extreme comfort while bathing and is an exceptionally soft, non-slip cushion.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £25.49Save: £3.04
- Ashby Bath Shortener Item Code: MS13966Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This easy to use Ashby Bath Shortener is specially designed to help shorter users relax in the bath with ultimate levels of comfort and safety.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £34.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £49.95Save: £15.00
- Inflatable Bath Pillow Item Code: MS12305The Inflatable Bath Pillow can be inflated and deflated quickly and it folds to a highly compact shape, making it perfect for storage and travelling.Special PriceWas: £8.95Save: £2.00
- Foam Padded Bath Cushion & Back Rest Item Code: MS12193The Foam Padded Bath Cushion and Back Rest is an exceptionally soft, non-slip cushion that has been specially designed to make bathing a safe and comfortable experience.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section