Folding Walking Frames
- Aidapt Folding Walking Frame Item Code: MS33218A Lightweight Aluminium Folding Walking Frame with a wide base for maximum stability, ideal for home use. The lightweight aluminium walking frame features soft grip handles, one button folding function and height adjustable legs. This frame can be folded when not in use and is a real space saver. Ideal for travel use. It is available with or without wheels. Maximum User Weight Limit 133kg (21 stone). Lightweight one button folding walking frame. Ideal for travel and folds to save space at home when not in use. Simply one button folding mechanism. Available with or without wheels. Maximum User Weight Limit 133kg (21 Stone) Size: 810x520x440mm Folded Size: 810x520x100mm£36.59 with VAT Relief
- Folding Adjustable Walking Frame Item Code: MS10782FREE ShippingFolding Adjustable Walking FrameThis quality lightweight frame folds easily away using a simple ball and cord design.Height adjustable using spring loaded catches, the legs are finished with non-slip rubber ferrules for comfort and security.Maximum Width: 622mm (24.1/2")Height Adjustable: 787 to 889mm (31 to 35")Weight: 2kgMax user weight 136Kg (21st)22mm Tubing£61.29 with VAT Relief
- Clever Lite LS Walker Item Code: MS16011FREE ShippingClever Lite LS Walker Features Rear Glide Push down brakes. Sturdy 1" diameter anodized, extruded, aluminium construction. Comes with flip up seat with built in carry handle. Allows individual to be seated or use as traditional walker by raising seat to step inside the frame. Easily folds with dual lever side paddle release. Soft, flexible backrest provides comfort and security while seated. 5" fixed front wheels. Suitable for users up to 135kg (21st).£98.49 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section