- Topro Taurus Walker Item Code: MS27988FREE ShippingThis is the standard, hydraulic version of the Topro Taurus Walker, a walking aid from the Norwegian company Topro, who are well known for producing the highest quality walkers and rollators with advanced modern designs that combine comfort, safety and convenience.Special Price £699.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £822.09Save: £122.14
- Topro Taurus Walker - Electric - Premium Item Code: MS27992FREE ShippingTopro are a Norwegian company known for producing the highest quality walking aids that boast modern, advanced designs and combine safety, convenience and exceptional user comfort.Special Price £1,399.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,594.79Save: £194.84
- Topro Taurus Walker - Electric Item Code: MS27991FREE ShippingThis basic Electric Topro Taurus has been developed with modern exercise therapy in mind, it can be used when helping a user get from a bed or chair into a safe, standing position.Special Price £1,159.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,433.09Save: £273.14
- Topro Taurus Walker - Premium Item Code: MS27990FREE ShippingThis is the premium, hydraulic Topro Taurus Walker, an exceptional walking aid from the Norwegian company Topro, who are known for producing top quality walking aids that boasts modern designs and combine comfort, convenience and safety.Special Price £949.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,125.39Save: £175.44
- Trio Height Adjustable Walking Frame Item Code: MS24470FREE ShippingReduces pressure on the hands and provides an increased level of support when walking.Suitable for use inside and outside. Stable and tilt resistant. Large 200mm (8") puncture safe wheels with a tight turning circle - ideal for small radius turns. Armrests adjustable in width and individually height adjustable. Lockable hand brakes for maximum comfort and safety. Height adjustable 900-1300mm (3525 5115"). Optional arm pads available (sold separately) are ideal for walk training therapy.Dimensions:Length: 900mm (35½")Width: 710-770mm (28 30¼")Height adjustable: 900-1300mm (35½ 51") Wheel Diameter: 200mm (8")Maximum use weight limit:150kg (23st)Product weight: 20½kg (45lb).£1,105.39 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section