Bariatric Walking Aids
- Economy Bariatric Double Adjustable Crutches Item Code: MS28993Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.These bariatric aluminium elbow crutches has a wedge-shaped PVC handle for improved grip, along with a non-slip rubber foot and also features double height adjustment for comfort and flexibility. Priced per pair. Ideal for users who need additional support when walking. 14 + 3 Height adjustments to suit most users. Ergonomically designed handgrip to ensure better grip. Non slip rubber ferrules. Maximum user weight limit 222kg (35 stone) Polished surface to enhance longevity Depth (mm): 135 Height (mm): 855 Width (mm): 135 Product Dimensions (mm): 855x135x100 Net weight (kg): 2.2 Colour: Grey Height to Handgrip (mm): 635-915 Maximum User Weight (kg): 222 Maximum User Weight (stones): 35 Number of Height Settings: 14 Overall Height (mm): 855-1210Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £24.56 with VAT Relief
Was: £28.89Save: £4.33Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bariatric / Heavy Duty Double Adjustable Elbow Crutches (Pair) Item Code: MS27288FREE ShippingBariatric / Heavy Duty Double Adjustable Elbow CrutchesFeaturesHeavy duty steelChromium plated finishHeight adjustableNon-slip rubber tipAdjustable from grip to ground and armband cuff to handleSpecificationHandle to Armband Cuff: 14-24cmHandle to Ground: 66-91cmInternal cuff size is 14cmWeight: 1.3kgs (Each)Max User Weight: 318kgs (50St)Special Price £58.73 with VAT Relief
Was: £69.09Save: £10.36Offer ends 2019-09-30
- King Bariatric Rollator Item Code: MS18879FREE ShippingKing Bariatric RollatorThe critical point for rollators for bariatric users is the brakes.This rollator has ‘feather touch' hand brakes that provide superior control and easy manoeuvrability. The King bariatric rollator is functional with a light, discreet design. It features a large seat, extra strong tubing and 200mm (8") wheels, all of which promote security, stability and comfort. It has a large support surface when sitting and the back rest prevents the weight from being placed too far back, beyond the support surface, reducing the risk of accidents. A basket is included and the handles are fitted with reflectors.Special Price £549.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £810.79Save: £260.84
- Bariatric Self Propelled Wheeled Shower Commode Chair - Butterfly Armrest 24" Seat Item Code: MS29487FREE ShippingThis stainless steel commode can be used as a shower chair, a commode or over the toilet and has self-propelled wheels for the more independent user. The chair is extra wide, strongly built and the design takes into account the physical dimensions and levels of comfort required by larger individuals. Available in two seat widths; 610mm (24") and 710mm (28") with the added option of Butterfly armrests that add an extra 100mm (4") to the seating width, which means that the body doesn't get squeezed getting in to and out of the chair. A solid one-piece handle bar ensures that the carer can maintain a good grip and the chair is equipped with industrial vinyl castors for easy manoeuvrability. The extra-long, angled armrests are removable to allow easy access for washing or transferring. The chair has a comfortable padded, split seat that is both waterproof and anti-bacterial.The space between the padded backrest and the seat is 320mm (12½"), this provides the carer with room to manoeuvre the patient into the correct position. The PU foam footrests are width adjustable, spreading up to a total of 1100mm (43¼"), enabling those with fat tissue on their inner thigh to sit comfortably. Seat depth 560mm (22"). Seat height 550mm (21¾"). Floor to handle bar 990mm (39"). Seat to footrest 400 to 480mm (15¾ to 19"). Footrest width adjustment 580 to 1100mm (22¾ to 43¼"). Backrest size 320x520mm (12½x20½"). Under seat clearance 445mm (17½"). Overall depth 1120mm (44"). Rear wheels 610mm (24") diameter.£2,289.59 with VAT Relief
- BARIATRIC CRUTCH Item Code: MS11239FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £142.79Save: £21.42Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bariatric Heavy Duty Walker - Blue Item Code: MS17149FREE ShippingBariatric Heavy Duty WalkersThis 4 wheeled safety walker is suited to the larger user. Available in blue.Features & Benefits Heavy Duty Robust Steel Frame Adjustable height handles Cushioned safety bar to support user when resting Easily accessible loop lockable brakes Padded rest seat that lifts up to reveal storage bag Folds easily for storage and/or transportation Ergonomic comfortable hand grips Puncture proof wheels£264.29 with VAT Relief
- Bariatric Quad Cane Item Code: MS26105Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Quad Cane is lightweight with an extra-strong base, it can support users of up to 35.5 stoneAvailable in chromeLightweight, extra-strong baseManufactured with aluminium tubing & steel baseComfortable vinyl, contoured hand gripsFour point base combined with offset handle provides additional stability and supportAluminium handle and reinforced steel baseHandle height adjusts from 30" to 39"Maximum user weight- 222kg (35.5st)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.01 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.19Save: £3.18Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bariatric Super Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Ruby Red Item Code: MS15034FREE ShippingBariatric Super Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Ruby RedExtra wide padded rest seat with increased seat to groundEasily accessible loop,lockable brakes with adjustable height pushing handlesFolds for storage or transportation,cushioned safety bar/backrest Robust steel frame with ergonomic comfortable hand grips and puncture proof tyres£264.29 with VAT Relief
- Heavy Duty 4 Wheeled Rollator Item Code: MS12151FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £144.32 with VAT Relief
Was: £169.79Save: £25.47Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Folding Bariatric Walking Frame Item Code: MS11245FREE Shipping£246.99 with VAT Relief
- Swan Neck Walking Stick Rubber Handle - Black (28 - 37") Item Code: MS11271FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swan handle black walking stick is strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual.Stylishly finished and with a swan shaped handle, this bariatic walking stick has a strong shaft that supports weights of upto 35 Stone. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.SpecificationsSize: 28 - 37"Weight: 2.01lbs (0.916kg)Wrist Strap: YesFerrule Size: 19mm (3/4")Handle Material: RubberShaft Material: SteelMax User Weight: 35stone (270kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £53.63 with VAT Relief
Was: £63.09Save: £9.46Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bariatric Rollator - Red Item Code: MS15165FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bariatric Rollator - Red This Heavy Duty Rollator has been developed to provide comfort and convenience wherever you need to go. Increase your sense of security and safety with this easy to operate mobility aid.Features Arthritis friendly loop brakes and handgrips. Lightweight aluminium frame and handlebars. Fitted with 200mm Solid Tyres. Features a seat and backrest for maximum comfort. Includes a basket as standard. Foldable for easy storage. Has a 22” seat height. Has a 32”-37” handle height adjustment. Weight carrying capacity 227kg (35 stone). Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Weighs only 9.5kg (20.9lbs). Comes complete with Toolkit and Owners HandbookExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £142.11 with VAT Relief
Was: £167.19Save: £25.08Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bariatric Rollator - Blue Item Code: MS15451FREE ShippingThis Heavy Duty Rollator has been developed to provide comfort and convenience wherever you need to go. Increase your sense of security and safety with this easy to operate mobility aid.Features Arthritis friendly loop brakes and handgrips. Lightweight aluminium frame and handlebars. Fitted with 200mm Solid Tyres. Features a seat and backrest for maximum comfort. Includes a basket as standard. Foldable for easy storage. Available in Metallic blue or red. Has a 22” seat height. Has a 32”-37” handle height adjustment. Weight carrying capacity 227kg (35 stone). Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Weighs only 9.5kg (20.9lbs). Comes complete with Toolkit and Owners HandbookSpecial Price £150.19 with VAT Relief
Was: £176.69Save: £26.50Offer ends 2019-09-30
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section