Bariatric Walking Aids
- Bariatric / Heavy Duty Double Adjustable Elbow Crutches (Pair) Item Code: MS27288FREE ShippingBariatric / Heavy Duty Double Adjustable Elbow CrutchesFeaturesHeavy duty steelChromium plated finishHeight adjustableNon-slip rubber tipAdjustable from grip to ground and armband cuff to handleSpecificationHandle to Armband Cuff: 14-24cmHandle to Ground: 66-91cmInternal cuff size is 14cmWeight: 1.3kgs (Each)Max User Weight: 318kgs (50St)£87.29 with VAT Relief
- Heavy Duty Nitro Rollator Item Code: MS26518FREE ShippingBoasting an impressive 203 kgs (32 stone) weight limit this Heavy Duty Nitro Rollator by Drive is designed for heavier users and is a highly practical, stylish and attractive walking aid.Special Price £275.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £386.09Save: £110.14
- Bariatric Quad Cane Item Code: MS26105Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bariatric Quad Cane features a comfortable aluminium handle with a reinforced steel base to ensure ultimate durability and strength.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £24.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £49.95Save: £25.00
- Drive Bariatric Rollator Item Code: MS15451FREE ShippingThe Drive Bariatric Rollator has been designed to provide larger users with exceptional levels of comfort and support both indoors and outdoors.Special Price £179.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £208.69Save: £28.74
- King Bariatric Rollator Item Code: MS18879FREE ShippingThe King Bariatric Rollator has an incredibly strong frame making it one of the strongest walkers on the market and boasts an impressive maximum user weight of 325 kgs (50 stone), and an extra-wide well-padded seat, making it the perfect choice for larger, heavier or bariatric users.Special Price £729.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £899.95Save: £170.00
- Folding Bariatric Walking Frame Item Code: MS11245FREE Shipping£265.09 with VAT Relief
- BARIATRIC CRUTCH Item Code: MS11239FREE Shipping
- Swan Neck Walking Stick Rubber Handle - Black (28 - 37") Item Code: MS11271FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Swan handle black walking stick is strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual.Stylishly finished and with a swan shaped handle, this bariatic walking stick has a strong shaft that supports weights of upto 35 Stone. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.SpecificationsSize: 28 - 37"Weight: 2.01lbs (0.916kg)Wrist Strap: YesFerrule Size: 19mm (3/4")Handle Material: RubberShaft Material: SteelMax User Weight: 35stone (270kg)Express Delivery Available£65.09 with VAT Relief
- Drive Bariatric Rollator - Red Item Code: MS15165FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Drive Bariatric Rollator is supplied in two highly attractive colours, with this being the Metallic Red coloured version.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £179.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £208.69Save: £28.74
- Days Bariatric Heavy Duty Rollator - Blue Item Code: MS17149FREE ShippingThe Days Bariatric Heavy Duty Rollator has been produced with an exceptionally strong and durable frame, that is made from heavy-gauge steel tubing, giving a truly impressive maximum user weight of 317 kgs (50 stone) making it ideal for larger, bariatric users.Special Price £224.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £261.89Save: £36.94
- Economy Bariatric Double Adjustable Crutches Item Code: MS28993These bariatric aluminium elbow crutches has a wedge-shaped PVC handle for improved grip, along with a non-slip rubber foot and also features double height adjustment for comfort and flexibility. Priced per pair. Ideal for users who need additional support when walking. 14 + 3 Height adjustments to suit most users. Ergonomically designed handgrip to ensure better grip. Non slip rubber ferrules. Maximum user weight limit 222kg (35 stone) Polished surface to enhance longevity Depth (mm): 135 Height (mm): 855 Width (mm): 135 Product Dimensions (mm): 855x135x100 Net weight (kg): 2.2 Colour: Grey Height to Handgrip (mm): 635-915 Maximum User Weight (kg): 222 Maximum User Weight (stones): 35 Number of Height Settings: 14 Overall Height (mm): 855-1210£29.29 with VAT Relief
- Bariatric Super Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Ruby Red Item Code: MS15034FREE ShippingBariatric Super Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Ruby RedExtra wide padded rest seat with increased seat to groundEasily accessible loop,lockable brakes with adjustable height pushing handlesFolds for storage or transportation,cushioned safety bar/backrest Robust steel frame with ergonomic comfortable hand grips and puncture proof tyres£264.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section