Children's Wheelchair Clothing
- Wagtail Childrens Wheelchair Mac Item Code: PG13904This waterproof Childrens Wheelchair Mac is designed to keep the user clean, warm and dry when out and about. Available in either Royal Blue or Violet, it features slits to the pack that pass over the handles so that the wheelchair can be easily controlled.From £34.95 with VAT Relief
- Wagtail Childrens Wheelchair Mac with Sleeves Item Code: PG13896This waterproof Childrens Wheelchair Mac is designed to keep the user clean, warm and dry when out and about. Available in either Royal Blue or Violet, it features soft cuffed sleeves to allow for self-propulsion.Was:From Special Price £39.95 with VAT Relief£54.95Save:£15.00
- Childs Cosy Toes Item Code: PG62-2Childs Cosy Toes This cover offers to keep your child warm and dry, the rainproof outer with a polar fleece, guarantee their comfort. The full length zip ensures its ease of use. They are available in two sizes: Small Height 4' Hip size up to 30" Meduim Height 4'9" Hip size up to 35" Colour options are either Royal Blue or Maroon.From £35.69 with VAT Relief
- Wagtail Cover with sleeves - Violet Item Code: MS13897Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This garment is sleeved for children who can push themselves. It elasticates over the footplate for a snug fit and has a simple hood and soft cuffed sleeves. Note that it does not go over the back of the seat or have slits to go over the handles as this can restrict self propulsion. Slits can be added if required. Fully waterproof with taped seams. Size single size (approx 6-10 years)Colour: VioletExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £39.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £54.95Save: £15.00
- Childrens Navy Wheely Cosy Age 7-10 Item Code: MS26525FREE ShippingChildrens Navy Wheely Cosy Age 7-10Children's wheely cosyOffering dryness, quality and style.It boasts an extremely warm quilted thermal fleece lining, improved shaping and a durable scuff guard.Zipped front pocket to keep your essentials secure Quilted fleece hand warmer Fully removable front secured with an industrial strength zip, so as it gets warmer you can remove the front.SpecificationsChest 85cmLength 71cm£52.29 with VAT Relief
- Cuckoo Cover Item Code: PD62-3
- Wagtail Cover with sleeves - Royal Blue Item Code: MS13896This garment is sleeved for children who can push themselves. It elasticates over the footplate for a snug fit and has a simple hood and soft cuffed sleeves. Note that it does not go over the back of the seat or have slits to go over the handles as this can restrict self propulsion. Slits can be added if required. Fully waterproof with taped seams.Size: single size (approx 6-10 years)Colour:Royal BlueSpecial Price £34.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £49.95Save: £15.00
- Childs Cosy Toes - Medium (Maroon) Item Code: MS11997£35.69 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section