Paediatric Positioning Equipment
- TIMOR Item Code: MS10424FREE ShippingDesigned for postural drainage. When placed face downwards, a child is held securely and comfortably, which is an important factor when children need long and frequent treatment sessions. When placed face up, it creates an effective pillow that gives good trunk, neck and head support. This application caters for patients with respiratory problems. It is also useful for kyphosis and scoliosis.Length 483mm (19"). Width 571mm (221/2"). Depth 356mm (14"). Weight 1.8kg.
- Tadpole Pediatric Positioner Item Code: MS30058FREE ShippingDesigned specifically for early intervention programs. Infants from birth to age three with cerebral palsy, motor delays or other motor dysfunctions benefit from this multi-use unit as an essential part of and effective therapy program. Ideal for clinic or home-based use. The latex-free Tadpole positioner includes a carrying bag to conveniently store all modules: 860x480mm (34x19") Base, Half Roll, Wedge, and Tray with Mirror for creative positioning. The therapist can create passive, active and developmental exercises for the user.Uses IncludePositioning (side lying, prone, supine or sitting)Weight bearing to particular body areas (e.g. pelvis, arms)Vestibular activityPostural drainageThe soft Tumble Forms 2 covering is easy to clean, non-toxic and latex free.The Tadpole offers a range of positioning options: Prone: With the half roll and two lateral supports, the Tadpole Positioner facilitates active body extension, head flexion, chest elevation and forward propping of arms for midline hand touching. The mirrored unit encourages the child's curiosity. The log roll can be placed under the base for vestibular activities.Seated: The base and wedge modules can be used together for long leg or log roll sitting. Either side of wedge may be used depending on the desired degree of upright or reclined position. The attached tray provides additional support and a surface area for activities.Side-lying: The log roll can be attached to base for side-lying to facilitate control of lateral head and trunk movements. The base can be propped up to position the child for improved respiration.£1,012.19 with VAT Relief
- Thera-Wedge System Item Code: MS30054FREE ShippingProvides dynamic therapy and proper positioning. Specially designed to meet the needs of adolescents and small adults. This system consists of two wedges contoured on one side and flat on the other. Use together to help break extensor patterns and relax clients into a flexion pattern. Provides proper prone and supine positioning, whether used alone or together.Complete system includes one double sided 430mm (17") contoured wedge with ankle drop off, one double sided 305mm (12") contoured wedge, two wrap straps and one abductor module.£1,077.79 with VAT Relief
- GUSTAV Item Code: MS10423FREE ShippingThe Gustav unit is designed for a range of conditions.It is extremely good for prone positioning as side rotation and slipping down are eliminated due to the unique support it provides. Visible reduction of high tone and the reduction of muscle spasm are soon observed. Whilst prone, good shoulder rotation can be achieved. Supine and side lying are also possible, as is secure, comfortable postural drainage.Length 965mm (38"). Width 584mm (23"). Depth 635mm (25"). Weight 5kg.
- DIANA Item Code: MS10421FREE ShippingThis unit is used extensively with the care of the terminally sick child. Professionals, parents and especially the children respond to this very simple lightweight and aesthetically pleasing unit.It has been especially designed for night positioning for abduction and adduction. The unit is placed as close to the crutch as possible to reduce hip rotation.Reduced night tone can be observed, therefore it copes with strong extensor spasm and the unit acts as an inhibitor.Good body symmetry is achieved just by using this unit.Length 483mm (19"). Width 610mm (24"). Depth 229mm (5"). Weight 1.5kg.
- JEFFERY Item Code: MS10422FREE ShippingFor night positioning, this unit copes with clients having reduced activity, eg. muscular dystrophy. It gives effective abduction and adduction. A corrective midline position is achieved and reduction of the lumbar curve has been observed. The unit is positioned as close to the crutch as possible to reduce hip rotation.Length 686mm (27"). Width 610mm (24"). Depth 254mm (10"). Weight 2.5kg.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section