Paediatric Bathing Equipment
- ORCA Item Code: MS10414FREE ShippingThis polypropylene bath tub is mounted on adjustable, polyester coated steel frames. When using it, the carer is in the optimal working position when bathing children. The frame is height adjustable and easy to adjust for a carer of almost any height.All of the castors are lockable and it contains a drainage tube, to dispose of used bath water.Specifications:OrcaOuter length1150mm (45")Inner length1040mm (401/2")Outer width600mm (231/2")Inner width480mm (19")Height above floor940-1240mm (361/2-481/2")
- BATH SUPPORT Item Code: MS10406FREE ShippingThe Bath Support complements the Advance Bath Chair providing a range of support features for the less involved child. It provides the same adjustable positioning angles but at a fixed height.With back recline and calf plate adjustment, the Bath Support adjusts to a wide range of seating positions. Lightweight and compact, it folds flat for storage and transportation. Rinse clean, breathable, soft fabrics are removable for machine washing. Non-slip pads protect the base of the bath.Lightweight stainless steel frame.Includes Hip Belt and Chest Belt. Head Support 150mm (6"). Back Support 400mm (16"). Seat Height 0-150mm (0-6").Seat Depth 400mm (16"). Seat Width 430mm (17").
- SURFER BATHER CHILDS BATH LIFT WITH AIRFLO BATTERY Item Code: MS10410FREE ShippingThe Surfer Bather is a powered bath lift that is designed to aid the bathing of children. It is particularly suitable for children with limited upper body stability. The child is raised and lowered from the top level of a bath down into the water. This minimises moving and handling risks among carers of larger and heavier children. The Surfer Bather is operated by low air pressure providing a steady, gentle and stable ride. An adjustable backrest can be set to suit the user. The child can be positioned safely and comfortably by using protective strapping and an optional pommel. The bath lift can be dismantled into separate sections for easy storage and transportation. The Surfer Bather fits most standard baths. It can be operated by using the corded remote control, or by the controls on the Airflo battery compressor.Specifications Overall length1170mm (46")Overall width 410mm (16") min685mm (27") maxMax user height1350mm (4' 5")Angle of backrest adjustmentFlat to 70?Platform height 55-430mm (2-17")Platform weight 4.2kg (9lbs)Scissor lift weight4.5kg (10lbs)Max air pressure0.35 bar (epi)Includes bathing platform with backrest, soft headrest, body belt, side restraining clips, elevating scissors with bellows, Airflo battery and remote control unit.
- FOLDING BATH SEAT POSITIONER Item Code: MS11046FREE ShippingWrap-around style for children in need of additional trunk support while bathing or at play. The chest harness is height adjustable to grow with your child. It is lightweight and folds flat for easy storage and portability. Furniture-grade PVC tubing and vinyl-coated polyester mesh.? Overall: Width 430mm (17?). Length 810mm (32?).Folded: Length 890mm (35?).Seat Back: Height 560mm (22?).
- ADJUSTABLE BATH CHAIR Item Code: MS10064FREE ShippingComfortable, fast drying bath chair adjustable to 12 positions. Durable, easy to clean Royal Blue mesh fabric is mounted on a waterproof PVC frame. Four suction cups provide secure grip to bathing surface. Closed cell foam padding cushions the head and knees, and safety straps provide extra support. The headrest support, also made of closed cell foam padding covered with mesh fabric, easily attaches/detaches by a buckle to the chair. 229mm (9") or 457mm (18") extensions raise the height of the chair.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section