- Telescopic Wheelchair Ramps - 2.1m Item Code: MS10027FREE ShippingTelescopic Wheelchair RampsMade from anodized aluminium, these telescopic ramps can carry up to 28 stone (180kg) per set.They have a non-slip surface on the ramp and also on the contact surfaces at the top and bottom, to prevent sliding whilst in use.Channel Width: 12cm (4.75")Overall Width: 16.5cm (6.5")Side Wall: 5.5cm (2.12")Max Length: 213cm (84")Min Length: 94.5cm (37.25")Weight Each: 3.7KgsMax Load: 180KgsComes complete with carry bagNote: These ramps are only suitable for manual wheelchair as the channel is narrow. They are NOT suitable for Mobility Scooters or Powerchairs.£169.79 with VAT Relief
- Lightweight Folding Wheelchair Ramp - 6ft Item Code: MS29085FREE ShippingFeaturesThey provide a perfect and safe solution for disability and mobility access.Ideal for Wheelchairs, Powerchairs and ScootersThe two hinged tracks simply unfold and can be positioned accordingly for maximum safety and support with an angled lip at the top of the ramp for added security.Ideal for use by retail shops on the high street in accordance with the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) .For temporary or permanent installation - two holes included for permanent installation.These folding aluminium ramps are versatile, lightweight and easy to use.Features raised edges for added safety and peace of mind.Constructed from lightweight aluminium and includes a central plastic handle for easy carrying and transportation.Two aluminium sections 35cm and 37cm wide to fold to a compact size.High quality user friendly alloy ramp. A wide anti-slip grip surface ensures safe use in most weather conditions.Durable design to support both wheelchair/mobility scooters and the occupant with a weight capacity of up to 272kg SWL (safe working load).£165.09 with VAT Relief
- Extra Wide Folding Wheelchair Ramp - 5ft Item Code: MS28419FREE ShippingThis Folding Wheelchair Ramp is made from weather-resistant anodised aluminium to promote durability and strength whilst also making it lightweight and suitable for use with both wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters.£159.95 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section