One Piece Ramps
- Axcess Lightweight Portable Ramps - 1m Item Code: MS23574FREE ShippingSold as a pair, these Axcess Lightweight Portable Ramps weigh just 2.5kg (5.5lb), making them very easy to carry, but they are deceptively sturdy and will take a maximum load of 300kg (47 stone). Safety features include raised edges, a grit coated surface and plastic lugs at the higher end that locate securely on a top step or the back of a vehicle. A 1.5m version is also available.Product SpecificationOne pair of Axcess Lightweight Portable RampsSuitable for wheelchairs and 4 wheeled scootersLength 1000mm (39.5 inches)Weight 2.5kg (5.5lb)Internal width 150mm (6 inches) per channelExternal width 180mm (7 inches) per channelMaximum load 300kg (47 stone)£130.49 with VAT Relief
- Modular Ramps Item Code: PD83-7FREE ShippingModular Ramps strong Portable modular ramps that are versatile enough to solve a variety of problems. Quick and easy to install, the kits have a width of 750mm (29.1/2") and can overcome thresholds up to 150mm (6"). Designed with a safe working load of 1 ton per square inch. Lightweight, they can be installed as a temporary or permanent solution.Options: Kit 1: For Heights Upto 1.1/2" - length 10.5" Kit 2: For Heights Upto 3" - length 20.25" Kit 3: For Heights Upto 4.1/4" - length 30" Kit 4: For Heights Upto 6" - length 39.75"From £195.79 with VAT Relief
- Premium Non-Folding Wheelchair Ramp - 4ft Item Code: MS26544FREE ShippingThis highly versatile, 4-foot long Premium Non-Folding Wheelchair Ramp is manufactured from exceptionally strong yet lightweight aluminium to ensure optimum portability and boasting a huge weight capacity of up to 300 kgs (47.25 stone).
- Standard One Piece Fibre Glass Ramp With Double Handrails Item Code: PD40-10Standard One Piece Fibre Glass Ramp With Double HandrailsThis ramp is ideal for permanent / long term use. They will take a maximum load of 240kgs or 40 Stone. SpecificationsUseable width - 80cm (31.5")Overall width - 97cm (38.25")Max Load - 240kgs (40 Stone)Features a handrail at each side for extra safetyLength - 122cm (48") - Weight 20KgsLength - 152cm (60") - Weight 22KgsLength - 183cm (72") - Weight 24KgsLength - 213cm (84") - Weight 27KgsLength - 244cm (96") - Weight 34Kgs
- Standard One Piece Fibre Glass Ramp Item Code: PD39-10These ramps are ideal for permanent / long term use. They will take a maximum load of 240kgs or 40 Stone. Specifications Useable width - 80cm (31.5") Overall width - 89cm ( 35.2")Max Load - 240kgs (40 Stone)Length - 61cm (24") - Weight 6KgsLength - 91cm (36") - Weight 9KgsLength - 122cm (48") - Weight 14KgsLength - 152cm (60") - Weight 16KgsLength - 183cm (72") - Weight 18KgsLength - 213cm (84") - Weight 21KgsLength - 244cm (96") - Weight 28Kgs
- Standard One Piece Fibre Glass Ramp - 36" Item Code: MS12272FREE Shipping£187.09 with VAT Relief
- Aluminium Scooter / Wheelchair & Powerchair Access Ramp - 45cm (18") Item Code: MS12292FREE ShippingAluminium Scooter / Wheelchair & Powerchair Access Ramp - 45cm (18")This aluminium scooter and wheelchair ramp has been designed for use by wheelchairs and mobility scooters. The ramps can be used to obtain safe access to motor vehicles, buildings and other inaccessible locations. Supplied with fixing pin for step.SpecificationsLength: 18"Width: 30"Lip: 2"Weight: 4KgsMax Load: 228Kgs (36 Stone)£72.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section