- Active Cushion - Seat System Item Code: MS28581FREE ShippingActive Cushions from Harvest Healthcare provide alternating support for those patients confined to a chair for long periods of time. They are also suited to those patients who are at high risk to pressure damage and can help prevent ulcers developing. The Active Seat System has been designed to optimise pressure relief for patients. The inexpensive system provides pressure relief in the key areas, for patients who don’t wish to spend 24 hours a day in bed. Alternating air cells distribute patient weight throughout various cycles. This assists in treatment for existing problem areas. SpecificationsRisk Rating: Very HighMax User Weight: 25st (159kg)Cushion Dimensions: 43 x 43 x 90cmPump Dimensions: 28 x 14 x 10cmPump Weight: 1.7kg£263.19 with VAT Relief
- Banana Airseat Inflatable Cushion Item Code: MS27642Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Banana Air Seat is a foldable and inflatable seat cushion which provides excellent postural support to the pelvic area and may also be used as an alternative to lumbar support products. It can help to provide some comfort to those who may suffer pain when sitting because of injury, joint pain or bony prominences, whilst also blocking cold air from the floor.Dimensions: 45 x 45cmExpress Delivery Available£29.99 with VAT Relief
- Inflatable Pressure Relief Ring Cushion Item Code: MS24708Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This donut-shaped Inflatable Pressure Relief Ring Cushion reduces the pressure when sitting by helping to distribute weight evenly and assisting the user to maintain the correct posture. A soft, fitted cushion cover is provided. The Inflatable Pressure Relief Ring Cushion is easy to inflate and deflate so it can quickly be folded flat for storage or travel.Inflatable cushion ideal for travelEncourages better postureRelieves pressure and provides comfortColour: Blue/GreyIndentation Diameter (mm): 150Maximum User Weight (kg): 120Net weight (kg): 0.103Overall Diameter (mm): 400
- Sissel Sitfit 36cm Item Code: PG157-9Sissel Sitfit 36cm Sissel introduced the Sitfit over 10 years ago, it was the very first air filled disc used to help promote a correct sitting posture. The Sitfit has proved to be a valuable tool in the reeducation of the "core" muscles and rehabilitation of the back. It is durable enough to be used as a wobble board to increase proprioception and ankle stability. The Sitfit has found it's way into several diverse and separate disciplines were it is used to treat a wide range of conditions and situations. They are used from amputee rehabilitation clinics, in dyspraxia, ADHD and MS conditions to exercise/fitness classes and Pilates. Features: An active dynamic seat,sitting aid Releives upper body tension and builds back musculature Excercise muscles of back and pelvic floor Builds foot and leg muscles Prevents back problemsand corrects poor posture Valve permits pressure variation, individually adjustable Comes with exercise poster
- Disc O Sit Air Cushion Item Code: MS10761Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- The Original McKenzie Airback Inflatable Lumber Roll Item Code: MS19533Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Inflatable Neck Cushion Item Code: MS10617Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Inflatable Neck CushionA lightweight, easily inflated, crescent shaped cushion that sits around the neck to support the head whilst sitting.Finished in a suede feel PVC, it folds to pocket size and can be stored in the matching bag supplied.Ideal for use when travelling.Specifications:Size 460 x 267mm (18 x 10.1/2")Weight 110g.
- INFLATABLE ELEVATOR CUSHION Item Code: MS10578Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This inflatable cushion is designed to comfortably relax and elevate the user's legs. Being extremely versatile it can also be used as a back or head support or as a foot cushion. It is easily inflated and deflated with the pump supplied, making it fully portable.Size 635 x 685mm (25 x 27") Widest Point is 18cmWeight 500g.Express Delivery Available£20.09 with VAT Relief
- Inflatable Rubber Ring - 18 Inch (45cm) Item Code: MS11876Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Inflatable Rubber RingThe inflatable rubber ring cushion is ideal for providing increased comfort whilst sitting. The cushion moulds itself to the body contours and can assist in preventing or relieving pressure sores and coccyx problems. The ring can be inflated easily by mouth at anytime and is easily wiped clean.An excellent pressure relief cushion ideal for use in the home or when travelling in a car or coach to smooth out the pressure stress encountered during the journey.It deflates easily when not required reducing storage space.It is available in two sizes, either16" (40cm) diameter18" (45cm) diameter.Inner hole is diameter is 16cm (6.25")
- Inflatable Travel Pillow - Blue Item Code: MS13572Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £6.10Save: £2.15
- Inflatable Rubber Ring - 16 Inch (40cm) Item Code: MS11789Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The inflatable rubber ring cushion is ideal for providing increased comfort whilst sitting. The cushion moulds itself to the body contours and can assist in preventing or relieving pressure sores and coccyx problems. The ring can be inflated easily by mouth at anytime and is easily wiped clean. An excellent pressure relief cushion ideal for use in the home or when travelling in a car or coach to smooth out the pressure stress encountered during the journey.It deflates easily when not required reducing storage space.16" (40cm) diameterInner hole is diameter is 16cm (6.25")
- Inflatable Bath Pillow Item Code: MS12305Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Inflatable Bath Pillow can be inflated and deflated quickly and it folds to a highly compact shape, making it perfect for storage and travelling.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £8.95Save: £2.00
- Inflatable Stadium Seat Item Code: MS13569Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Inflatable stadium seatYou can now sit in comfort and enjoy your favourite outdoor sports thanks to our stadium seat. It has specially contoured curves for stability and padded comfort, making it ideal for hard seating as well as for cars, planes and trains. Transforms into a pillow using the poppers. Soft cotton top - hand washable38 x 36cm (15 x 14")
- Inflatable Window Sleep Item Code: MS13571Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Inflatable window sleepThis ingenious pillow offers a really supportive relaxing rest for your head. It's suction pads attach instantly to a car, plane or train window. The Window Sleep gives a new dimension to comfort while sitting in a window seat. Soft cotton top - hand washable.28 x 24cm (11 x 9.5")
- Inflatable Seat Cushion Item Code: MS10592
- Economy Inflatable Travel Pillow Item Code: MS12483
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section