Upper Body Supports
- Deluxe Fleece Backrest - Taupe Item Code: MS29168Deluxe Fleece Backrest - TaupeEase discomfort in the lower back and base of the spine with this luxurious faux sheepskin back support cushion. Orthopedically shaped to cradle your lumbar region, it soothes and relaxes while helping to encourage correct posture.Just sit back, relax and enjoy the sensation of this comfortable lumbar support cushion and the wonderful relief it can bring.Suitable for sitting up in bed as well as using in an easy chair, this versatile fleece backrest has a fleece side for winter and the stay-cool beige polyester reverse side for summer.MeasuresH61xW74xD20cm.
- Matrx Flo-tech Back Support - (Smooth Cover) Item Code: MS27138FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£134.98 with VAT Relief
- Poz 'n' Form Vinyl Cover Hand Cushion - Grey (17.5x9x3") Item Code: MS24539This positioning cushion for the hand reduces the pressure on the skin on the zones with risk of pressure sore. It is advisable after surgical operations. It reduces the number of pressure sensitive bearing points and allows a discharge of the elbows area. Its size allows a pressure relief on the wrist.
- Poz` In` Form Universal Cushion 55cm x 40cm Item Code: MS24522Poz` In` Form Universal cushion 55cm x 40cmThanks to the three sizes, the universal cushion can be used in many different ways.In lying down the 55 x 40 cm size can be used for the knee flexion and a moderate hip abduction.The smaller cushions help to hold the patient in optimal positioning thus reducing bedsore risks and abnormal postures.Size55cm x 40cm£39.59 with VAT Relief
- Poz 'n' Form Vinyl Cover Cushion - Grey (14x15x4") Item Code: MS24521Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£39.59 with VAT Relief
- Harley ‘V’ Pillow Item Code: MS15506Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- Harley Mattress Tilter Item Code: MS15512FREE ShippingHarley Mattress TilterFeaturesA really versatile little product.Placed under an existing mattress to give a 5” tilt.Place at the foot of the bed to relieve symptoms of oedema, varicose veins, low back pain and general fatigue.Use at the head of the bed to alleviate hiatus hernia and respiratory difficultiesTilter comes with a fleece coverSpecificationsWashable fleece coverWidth 46cmLength 65cmHeight 13cm >2cmOptionsMattress tilterCover£41.29 with VAT Relief
- V Shaped Fibre Filled Smooth Fabric Cover Orthapedic Pillow - White (29x24x22") Item Code: MS15770Orthapedic V Shaped Pillow Features This orthapedic pillow is filled with a soft fibre providing comfort and support. It can be used in a bed or on a chair. Supplied with a white cover as standard, additional covers are available as replacement covers. Diagonal (from top middle to bottom corner): 61cm
- Heated Back & Seat Massager Item Code: MS19335FREE ShippingSuffering from sore, achy muscles? We have just the answer with our Heated back and seat massager. This heated seat cover will deliver a soothing massage to your upper back, lower back, hips and thighs. Any aches and pains will be relieved and magicked away by the five massage motors which offer a choice of setting – pulse, tapping, auto, kneading and manual. The massager comes with a hand held remote which offers four levels of intensity in applying heat to the lumbar region. You can set the timer function to your own preference and the massager will deliver a satisfying 15, 30 or 60-minute massage. The massager is mains operated from the supplied adapter and there is also a 12v car adapter included so you can use the massager whilst driving in the car- ideal for long distances when aching can become a problem. The massager has multiple uses and users- can be used in the home for those with or without disabilities as the gentle massage action will not only relieve aching muscles but will gently stimulate circulation. Can be used in the car and the office- again helping with circulation as sitting in one position for long period is detrimental- the massager could be just the solution! Features Heated seat cover delivers soothing massage Five massage motors Choice of setting and timing Comes with supplied mains adapter and car adapter
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section