- Buck Neurological Hammer Item Code: MS10292Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £8.78Save: £1.32
- WHARTENBURG STAINLESS STEEL PINWHEEL Item Code: MS10294Special PriceWas: £29.09Save: £4.37
- West Hand & Foot Monofilaments Item Code: PG131-11FREE ShippingProviding reliable test results. Practical size enables shirt pocket portability. Weinstein Enhanced Sensory Test (WEST) for the Hand and Foot, uses five monofilaments to measure skin sensitivity and determine peripheral nerve involvement.WEST Hand and Foot provides reliable test results with textured, round monofilament tips. Five monofilament instrument is damage resistant, saving lost time and the expense of replacement and recalibration of bent or broken filaments. Saves testing time because two or more filaments can be in position for testing, eliminating the need to put one down carefully and pick up another one.Measures 15 x 7.6cm in the storing positionIncludes case 11 x 17cm, test forms, manual and free calibration for one year. Recalibration service available.As low as
- Semmes-Weinstein Sensation Monofilaments Item Code: PD84-9FREE ShippingThe use of the Rolyan Semmes-Weinstein monofilaments has been found through repeated testing to be an extremely accurate method of measuring cutaneous sensibility (Bell, 1978). This test measures both diminishing and returning sensation. Each nylon filament is precisely calibrated and all are of equal length. Complete instructions for use and coloured pencils are included.The 20 Piece set consists of 20 monofilaments. The 5 Piece set consists of five monofilaments (2.83, 3.61, 4.31, 4.56, 6.65)Note: Individual replacements are also available.As low as
- DISK-CRIMINATOR™ Item Code: MS10289FREE ShippingDiagnostic instrument tests both static and moving one and two point discrimination. Set includes two plastic disks, each containing a series of metal rods, spaced at varying intervals from 1mm to 25mm. Useful for measuring the innervation density of any surface area following nerve injury and repair, and for testing areas of skin before and after skin grafts. Also useful for home programmes as a sensory re-education tool. Fabric storage pouch and instructions included.Special PriceWas: £162.40Save: £24.36
- TAYLOR PERCUSSION HAMMER Item Code: MS10291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £12.79Save: £1.92
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section