Testing & Evaluation
Items 1-40 of 126
- Camry Digital Hand Dynamometer / Grip Strength Meter - (90 Kgs) Item Code: MS26030FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Camry digital hand dynamometer is engineered as a professional training device for handgrip strengths suitable for any doctor's office, physical therapy clinic, engineering lab, or the gym.Adjustable center knob allows the device to be adjusted for different hand sizes and preferences.19 definable users with options for gender and age to store, along with the ability to save and recall test results for each user.Compares individual test run for each of the 19 users, and displays the incremental increase, or decrease from the last record.Each test run is rated "weak", "normal", or "strong" based on age and gender data entered for each user.Easy switch from lbs. to kg. at any time, including for last recorded data.How to Use1. Remove the isolation tag from the battery case;2. Press (ON/SET) button to turns on;3. The middle two buttons (ARROWS up/down) allow you to select a different user. Then press (ON/SET) button to cycle between gender and age of the selected user, and edit the values using the arrows.4. When you are ready you can hit the (START) button to test your handgrip.5. Now if you press (ON/SET) button, it converts between LB / KG.6. While squeezing, it shows the amount of force you are currently squeezing, as soon as you let go it shows you the max/peak of what you squeezed.7. Press the (ARROW down) button if you want to save the result, or hit (START) button to retest.8. After you test your grip, and the max result is displayed, if you wait 6 seconds it will then tell you how many lbs/kgs more/less you've done in comparison to your saved result.
- Standard 30cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16689Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Standard 20cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16688Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test Kit Item Code: MS21183FREE ShippingThis seven part test evaluates a broad range of hand functions used in daily activities. Conduct test using common items such as paper clips, cans, pencils, etc. Includes instructions and all items needed to perform seven sub tests. An empty can serves as a container for small test items. Test comes in a cotton carrying bag.
- Goniometer - Small 180° Item Code: MS16690Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- 25 HOLE PEGBOARD WITH COLOURED PEGS Item Code: MS10298FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dexterity and hand/eye co-ordination are developed as the user performs a variety of manipulative hand and upper extremity motions. The 225mm (10") square, high quality lacquered pegboard has 25 holes spaced 25mm (1") apart in which 25mm (1") diameter coloured pegs can be inserted. Red, blue, yellow and green pegs.
- FUNCTIONAL MODEL OF THE KNEE JOINT Item Code: MS11028FREE ShippingThis model of the right knee features a detachable ligament system, allowing a complete view of each individual ligament, bone, or cartilage. The ligaments are made of an indestructible, hard elastic for years of durable use. The ligaments? flexibility allows demonstration of the full range of motion, including flexion, extension, inner and outer rotation. Removable from stand, dissects. Life size. Made of SOMSO-Plast. 34 x 18 x 18cm.
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.
- Box And Block Test Item Code: MS10295FREE ShippingBox And Block TestPortable version of the standardised test of manual dexterity.Provides a baseline for upper extremity manual dexterity and gross motor co-ordination.Test is quick and simple to administer.Suitable for persons with cognitive impairments and/or limited manual dexterity.Complete with 150 x 25mm (1") coloured wooden blocks, closable box designed for easy portability and storage.Note: This item is special order. See our Terms & conditions for more information.
- Baseline Digital Hand Spring Dynamometer Item Code: MS23877FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Finger-Toe Goniometer - Tight Fitting Hinge Item Code: MS22624FREE ShippingHelps the therapist perform accurate and precise finger range of motion measurements. Scale is in two degree increments for improved reliability. Ruler is in both inches and centimeters. The long arm is 9.5cm (3¾") long and it clears the wrist for accurate placement. If a shorter arm is desired, the goniometer can be trimmed to meet measuring preferences. Composite motion is measured easily because the goniometer's short arm is only 2cm (¾") long, allowing precise measurement of DIP range of motion. Measuring degrees of hyperextension is simple - no repositioning is necessary. The goniometer easily provides readings ranging from 30º of hyperextension to 120º of flexion. Tight fitting hinge enables the therapist to read the goniometer after removal from joint.
- Jamar Smedley Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS10888FREE Shipping
- Baseline - (45Kg) Digital Pinch Gauge Item Code: MS10254FREE ShippingUsing the same hydraulic system as the manual pinch gauges but has the added advantage of an easy to read LCD display. This version features an electronic zero calibration system that reduces the need for factory recalibrations, a power management system that assures at least 1000 hours of use without changing the two AAA batteries, a low battery light and an automatic shut off. Tests to 45kg. Push button console includes a button to zero the last maximum reading stored in memory, a maximum button to display the highest reading since the last press of the maximum clear button, and a lb/kg toggle button to change the measurement reading. Carry case included.
- Baseline 7-Piece Hand Evaluation Kit Item Code: MS20886FREE ShippingBaseline 7-Piece Hand Evaluation KitA seven piece complete set of instruments needed for hand evaluation.Includes the following:Baseline Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer13.6kg (30lb) Pinch GaugeStainless Steel Finger GoniometerTwo Point DiscriminatorWartenburg PinwheelFinger Circumference GaugeFunctional Finger Motion GaugeSold with a carrying case.
- Jamar Hand Eval Kit 2 Item Code: MS29058FREE ShippingFor over 45 years the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer has been the industry standard for grip strength data collection many states use the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer as a standard testing istrument for compensation determinations. It offers many features fot routine screen as well as evaluation of hand trauma and disease. Displaying grip force in pounds and kilos upto 200lbs or 90kgs automatically retains the highest reading until reset (ideal for easy recording). The Adjustable handle allows therapists to quantify grip strength for different size objects since the size of the objects being grasped may vary the grip strength on an individual patient.Designed to be used for effective and accurate hand evaluationsAll three instruments come in a convenient carrying case with die cut foam, so they\'re easy to find when you need themAvailable in three kit options: 30 lb. Pinch Gauge, 45 lb. Pinch Gauge and 60 lb. Pinch Gauge
- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.
- Jamar Digital Pinch Gauge Item Code: MS23876FREE ShippingJamar Digital Pinch GaugeThis digital pinch gauge has an easy-to-read LCD display and features an electronic zero calibration system. The push-button console includes a button to zero the last reading stored in memory and two toggle buttons used to accurately store up to 99 readings. Handy wrist strap and one 3V battery includes. Measures 25×13×5cm (10×5×2")
- Purdue Pegboard Test Item Code: MS19433FREE ShippingTests dexterity. Measures two types of activities: one involving gross movement of hands, fingers and arms; and the other involving fingertip dexterity. Includes manual with instructions, normative data and 25 record blanks. A stopwatch, which is needed for administration of the test, is not included.
- DUAL HEAD STETHOSCOPE Item Code: MS10288Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This economical stethoscope features an aluminium, dual head chest piece and one piece moulded 56cm (22") PVC tubing to provide excellent sound quality and transmission. Lightweight with adjustable binaurals for a comfortable fit. Includes a built in rubber non-chill ring. Complete with a carrying pouch.
- TRISTAR™ Item Code: MS10286FREE ShippingThe high quality stethoscope Tristar with three different sized double chest pieces for adults, children/babies and new borns is suitable for auscultation in all frequency ranges. Considerably improved acoustic performance in all areas of application.-Double chest pieces for Duplex, baby and Duplex neonatal made of aluminium with practical rapid exchange connector-Special membranes, diameter 48mm, 36mm, 28mm, for first class acoustics with extra flat non-chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Bell diameters: 36mm, 28mm, 24mm-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Optimal seal of the external auditory canal with soft, exchangeable ear-tips-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC for optimal acoustics to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 79cm, 78.5cm, 78cm-Latex free-Tristar is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plate
- SECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI Function Item Code: MS10273FREE ShippingSECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI FunctionEasy to manoeuvre and is complete with a clear LCD display that offers a Body Mass Index facility.The seat is comfortable and combined with foot supports, making the chair very steady.The armrests can be swivelled up and backwards for ease of patient access.The non-skid locking wheels provide patient security. Touch button hold and TARE features.Powered by mains or rechargeable function.Maximum User Weight: 200Kgs or 31.5St£1,060.79 with VAT Relief
- Long Ring Timer Item Code: MS10280Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£11.29 with VAT Relief
- Jamar Norms Wall Chart Item Code: MS13614Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This handy wall chart is a great addition to any clinic. Large print displays the normative grip strength data for individuals from 6 to 75+ years old as collected by Virgil Mathiowetz, et al. using a Jamar Hand Dynamometer. Instructions for proper testing procedures are also included. Laminated, high quality, heavy paper with metal grommets in each top corner assures many years of use from this chart.Measures 46 x 61cm (18 x 24").
- Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13610FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.In today's health care environment, accurate and objective data is required for reimbursable rehabilitation services, making the Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer an indispensable tool. Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. Virtually leak proof hydraulics and isometric design ensure accurate, reproducible results and years of reliable service.Built to last, a shock resistant rubber cap protects the stainless steel gauge and a wrist strap prevents accidental damage if dropped. Unit comes with carrying/storage case andcomplete instructions. One year warranty. The warranty does not cover calibration.The Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer combines precision with convenient features:Dual scale readout displays isometric grip force from: 0 to 200lbs(0 to 90kg)Peak hold needle automatically retains the highest reading until reset.Handle easily adjusts to five grip positions, from: 13/8" to 33/8"(3.5cm to 8.7cm) in 1/2"(1.3cm) increments.Note: At minimum, an annual calibration and tune up is recommended to ensure long term accuracy of the unit.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £323.89Save: £47.90
- 15cm (6") Steel Finger-Toe Goniometer Item Code: MS10266FREE Shipping15cm (6") Steel Finger/Toe GoniometerStainless steel goniometer measures range of motion of finger joints (metacarpophalangeal and interphalangeal) and other small joints including toes. Head has two opposing 180º scales marked in 5º increments. A linear scale in inches and centimetres is on the arm.
- B & L Pinch Gauge (0 - 13.6Kg) Item Code: MS13629FREE ShippingPrecision gauges are the recognised standards for measuring isometric tip, key and palmar pinch strength. The 4.5kg and 13.6kg gauges are easier to read when measuring weak hands. The 27kg gauge is ideal for work hardening programs.Pinch jaws are approximately 22mm wide and 19mm thick.Pinch strength norms for adults included.Gauge and case sold separately.Note: The gauges do NOT come with a case this must be ordered as well as the gauge if you require one.
- B & L Pinch Gauge (0 - 27Kg) Item Code: MS13630FREE ShippingPrecision gauges are the recognised standards for measuring isometric tip, key and palmar pinch strength. The 4.5kg and 13.6kg gauges are easier to read when measuring weak hands. The 27kg gauge is ideal for work hardening programs.Pinch jaws are approximately 22mm wide and 19mm thick.Pinch strength norms for adults included.Gauge and case sold separately.Note: The gauges do NOT come with a case this must be ordered as well as the gauge if you require one.
- Baseline Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS10252FREE Shipping
- Baseline 3-Piece Hand Evaluation Kit Item Code: MS20884FREE Shipping
- Jamar Smart Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS27558FREE ShippingJamar® Smart Hand DynamometerIntroducing the first electronic hand dynamometer that works seamlessly and wirelessly with a mobile app. Download the free Jamar Smart app, and you'll be able to control your Jamar® Smart Hand Dynamometer from your iPad tablet (iPad Air, iPad Mini or original iPad version 3 or later). The app is designed to expedite and enhance patient evaluations allowing results to be quickly repeated, edited, and saved. The free app includes the standard hand grip test, and features:Ability to set number of reps from 1 to 5Determine hand(s) to test and which one to start withRecord the grip position on the JamarEasily accept or redo any trialInstantly displays results to 1/10th of a poundCalculates average, standard deviation and coefficient of variationCompares results to norms based on patient's gender and ageFor a nominal fee, you can download the fully-featured app, which includes:Optional patient name and/or ID, gender and age storageSave test history and quickly create a new test with the same parametersAdditional tests: Rapid Exchange, 5 Position Grip and Sustained GripResults for 5-Position and Sustained Grip also display as a real-time graph for easier interpretation of resultsExport results as a PDF fileFor both the Jamar Smart and Jamar Plus+ we've replaced the hydraulic system found in other dynamometers with a circuit board and electronic load sensors. This technological advancement gives you a more accurate tool to measure hand strength in clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. We also increased the durability of the dynamometer by eliminating all internal moving parts, and encasing the electronics in a sturdy aluminium body with a scratch-resistant UV coating. The readout displays isometric grip force from 0–200 lbs (90 kg). Requires two AAA batteries (included).Comes in a reusable storage container.
- Model - Life Size Elbow Joint Item Code: MS23017FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Demonstrates flexion, extension and internal/external rotation.
Includes flexible, artificial ligaments.
Made of PVC plastic, wipes clean.
Life-size, on stand.
Dimensions 17 x 14.5 x 24cm
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section