Testing & Evaluation
Items 1-40 of 82
- Telescopic Inspection Mirror Item Code: MS29835Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Jamar Hand Eval Kit 2 Item Code: MS29058FREE ShippingFor over 45 years the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer has been the industry standard for grip strength data collection many states use the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer as a standard testing istrument for compensation determinations. It offers many features fot routine screen as well as evaluation of hand trauma and disease. Displaying grip force in pounds and kilos upto 200lbs or 90kgs automatically retains the highest reading until reset (ideal for easy recording). The Adjustable handle allows therapists to quantify grip strength for different size objects since the size of the objects being grasped may vary the grip strength on an individual patient.Designed to be used for effective and accurate hand evaluationsAll three instruments come in a convenient carrying case with die cut foam, so they\'re easy to find when you need themAvailable in three kit options: 30 lb. Pinch Gauge, 45 lb. Pinch Gauge and 60 lb. Pinch Gauge
- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.
- Jamar Smart Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS27558FREE ShippingJamar® Smart Hand DynamometerIntroducing the first electronic hand dynamometer that works seamlessly and wirelessly with a mobile app. Download the free Jamar Smart app, and you'll be able to control your Jamar® Smart Hand Dynamometer from your iPad tablet (iPad Air, iPad Mini or original iPad version 3 or later). The app is designed to expedite and enhance patient evaluations allowing results to be quickly repeated, edited, and saved. The free app includes the standard hand grip test, and features:Ability to set number of reps from 1 to 5Determine hand(s) to test and which one to start withRecord the grip position on the JamarEasily accept or redo any trialInstantly displays results to 1/10th of a poundCalculates average, standard deviation and coefficient of variationCompares results to norms based on patient's gender and ageFor a nominal fee, you can download the fully-featured app, which includes:Optional patient name and/or ID, gender and age storageSave test history and quickly create a new test with the same parametersAdditional tests: Rapid Exchange, 5 Position Grip and Sustained GripResults for 5-Position and Sustained Grip also display as a real-time graph for easier interpretation of resultsExport results as a PDF fileFor both the Jamar Smart and Jamar Plus+ we've replaced the hydraulic system found in other dynamometers with a circuit board and electronic load sensors. This technological advancement gives you a more accurate tool to measure hand strength in clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. We also increased the durability of the dynamometer by eliminating all internal moving parts, and encasing the electronics in a sturdy aluminium body with a scratch-resistant UV coating. The readout displays isometric grip force from 0–200 lbs (90 kg). Requires two AAA batteries (included).Comes in a reusable storage container.
- Baseline Digital Hand Spring Dynamometer Item Code: MS23877FREE Shipping
- Jamar Digital Pinch Gauge Item Code: MS23876FREE ShippingJamar Digital Pinch GaugeThis digital pinch gauge has an easy-to-read LCD display and features an electronic zero calibration system. The push-button console includes a button to zero the last reading stored in memory and two toggle buttons used to accurately store up to 99 readings. Handy wrist strap and one 3V battery includes. Measures 25×13×5cm (10×5×2")
- Life Size Skeleton - Deluxe Item Code: MS23647FREE Shipping
This model helps students to understand the relationship between the human body figure and the skeleton.
It can also be used for studying the morphology of bones and the construction of joints.
Set in a standing posture, the joints of the upper and lower extremities are moveable.
Skull is composed of 22 bones, transversely cut Calvarium and moveable mandible.
3 lower teeth - incisor, cuspid and molar are removable.
Red painted parts represent muscle origins and blue painted areas represent muscle insertions.
Made of PVC plastic,wipes clean.
- Model - Life Size Elbow Joint Item Code: MS23017Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Demonstrates flexion, extension and internal/external rotation.
Includes flexible, artificial ligaments.
Made of PVC plastic, wipes clean.
Life-size, on stand.
Dimensions 17 x 14.5 x 24cm
- Harpenden Skinfold Calliper Item Code: MS22647FREE ShippingThe Harpenden Skinfold Calliper is one of the most up to date and versatile callipers on the market. Used correctly it will give good service and reliable results for many years and, in order that optimum results are obtained, we suggest strongly that you read your manual thoroughly even if experienced in the use of this type of equipment.
- West Hand & Foot Monofilaments Item Code: PG131-11FREE ShippingProviding reliable test results. Practical size enables shirt pocket portability. Weinstein Enhanced Sensory Test (WEST) for the Hand and Foot, uses five monofilaments to measure skin sensitivity and determine peripheral nerve involvement.WEST Hand and Foot provides reliable test results with textured, round monofilament tips. Five monofilament instrument is damage resistant, saving lost time and the expense of replacement and recalibration of bent or broken filaments. Saves testing time because two or more filaments can be in position for testing, eliminating the need to put one down carefully and pick up another one.Measures 15 x 7.6cm in the storing positionIncludes case 11 x 17cm, test forms, manual and free calibration for one year. Recalibration service available.
- Standard Pneumatic Squeeze Dynamometer Item Code: PD43-10FREE Shipping
- Baseline Pinch Gauge Item Code: PD137-1FREE ShippingThis precision instrument records isometric lateral, chuck or tip pinch in kilograms and pounds. The body is made of rugged anodised aluminum with a nylon strap for the examiner's wrist. The red pointer stops at the maximum pinch recorded for the highest degree of accuracy. Pinch jaws are 22mm wide and approximately 19mm thick. Includes carrying caseThree-year warranty
- Baseline 180 Digit Goniometer Item Code: PD136-1FREE ShippingUsing your finger, move the measurement head through flexion, extension and hyperextension. Measures 110? flexion and 40? hyperextension in 5? increments. Arm has 10cm/4" scale. This goniometer is also known as a one hand goniometer because the therapist using only one hand can take readings and can use the other hand to stabilise the patient or record the measurements. The standard finger goniometer requires the therapist to use two hands to make a finger range-of-motion measurement.
- Goniometer - Small 360 Degrees Item Code: MS16691Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Goniometer - Small 180° Item Code: MS16690Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Pneumatic Squeeze Dynamometer Item Code: MS10889FREE ShippingFor measuring hand strength, even where grasping power has been severely impaired or other disabilities inhibit gripping effort. It is lightweight and should be used when accuracy and repeatability are required. Maximum reading remains until reset. The smallest bulb may be used for children and to test pinching function of intrinsic muscles. Scale is calibrated in an international unit of energy (bars). Includes carrying case with instructionsBulb contains natural rubber latex
- Six Piece Goniometer Set Item Code: MS10270FREE ShippingSix Piece Goniometer SetPadded carrying case with compartments that hold goniometers firmly in place. Set includes: 18cm (7") 180º Robinson Pocket Goniometer20cm (8") 180º Goniometer and 35cm (14") 360º Goniometer14cm (51/2") Finger Goniometer20cm (8") Aluminum X-Ray Goniometer20cm (8") Stainless Steel Goniometer
- Scoliometer Item Code: MS10898FREE ShippingScolimeterFeaturesMeasures six areas to detect scoliosis, and provides three measurements to detect abnormal anteropostero curves. Evaluates progress during treatment, without X-rays. Measures the unstable lumbosacral curve as well as the cervical and thoracic curves. Calibrated in centimeters, millimeters and degrees. Latex free.This item is special order and is non returnable**
- Assessment Jamar Manual Dexterity Test Item Code: MS10296FREE Shipping
- Muscled Shoulder Joint Model Item Code: MS11031FREE ShippingSemi-articulating right rotator cuff model has an encapsulated humerus that is removable from the capsular ligament of the shoulder joint. Allows demonstration of the rotator cuff's role in fixing the humerus in the glenoid cavity and depressing it during shoulder elevation. Includes removable patient education card and plastic base. Measures 13 x 15.2 x 13cm.
- Muscled Knee Joint Model Item Code: MS11029FREE Shipping
- MUSCLED HIP JOINT MODEL Item Code: MS11032FREE Shipping
- Jamar Plus Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13615FREE ShippingOur Dynamometer will provide an accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip and strength for clients suffering from hand trauma or other dysfunction caused by illness. The dynamometer will provide an up to date evaluation of improvement in grip and dexterity. The piece of equipment itself is of aluminium construction with a scratch resistant UV coating- meaning it is lightweight and robust. The display will indicate grip force from 0-200lbs and the LCD display is easy to read. The dynamometer can be set to display pounds or kilograms and will indicate when the battery is low. The machine will also calculate the average and then compare grip force to show deviation and measure progress- which is a key motivator for those working their way back to health and their own optimum. Without being able to measure progress how can you ensure progress is being made? Features Provides accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip Ideal for those recovering from hand trauma or dysfunction Aluminium construction so lightweight Easy to use.Special PriceWas: £418.90Save: £108.95
- Jamar Smedley Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS10888FREE Shipping
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.
- Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test Kit Item Code: MS21183FREE ShippingThis seven part test evaluates a broad range of hand functions used in daily activities. Conduct test using common items such as paper clips, cans, pencils, etc. Includes instructions and all items needed to perform seven sub tests. An empty can serves as a container for small test items. Test comes in a cotton carrying bag.
- Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge Item Code: MS10255FREE ShippingUnlike conventional pinch gauges, the Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge's unique design frees the client to perform a true pinch pattern because the therapist, not the client, supports the weight of the gauge. A highly accurate pinch force measurement, devoid of artifact, is the result. Red indicator needle remains at maximum reading until reset. Measures pinch force to 20kg (45lbs). Includes instructions, handy carrying case and one-year warranty.
- Jamar Hand Evaluation Kit Item Code: MS13613FREE ShippingAll the basics for hand and finger evaluation, in one convenient package. Comes in a convenient storage/carrying case with individual compartments for each instrument.The Kit includes one each of th following:Jamar Hydraulic Hand DynamometerIn today's health care environment, accurate and objective data is required for reimbursable rehabilitation services, making the Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer an indispensable tool. Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. Virtually leak proof hydraulics and isometric design ensure accurate, reproducible results and years of reliable service.Built to last, a shock resistant rubber cap protects the stainless steel gauge and a wrist strap prevents accidental damage if dropped. Unit comes with carrying/storage case andcomplete instructions. One year warranty. The warranty does not cover calibration.The Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer combines precision with convenient features:Dual scale readout displays isometric grip force from 0 to 90kg (0 to 200lbs)Peak hold needle automatically retains the highest reading until reset.Handle easily adjusts to five grip positions, from 35 to 87mm (13/8 to 33/8"), in 13mm (1/2") increments.Note: At minimum, an annual calibration and tune up is recommended to ensure long term accuracy of the unit.Jamar Hydraulic Pinch GaugeUnlike conventional pinch gauges, the Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge's unique design frees the client to perform a true pinch pattern because the therapist, not the client, supports the weight of the gauge. A highly accurate pinch force measurement, devoid of artifact, is the result. Red indicator needle remains at maximum reading until reset. Measures pinch force to 20kg (45lbs). Includes instructions, handy carrying case and one-year warranty.Jamar 140mm (5.1/2") Steel Finger GoniometerJamar Finger Goniometer, helps to provide accurate & precise finger motion measurements.
- Jamar Norms Wall Chart Item Code: MS13614Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This handy wall chart is a great addition to any clinic. Large print displays the normative grip strength data for individuals from 6 to 75+ years old as collected by Virgil Mathiowetz, et al. using a Jamar Hand Dynamometer. Instructions for proper testing procedures are also included. Laminated, high quality, heavy paper with metal grommets in each top corner assures many years of use from this chart.Measures 46 x 61cm (18 x 24").
- FUNCTIONAL MODEL OF THE KNEE JOINT Item Code: MS11028FREE ShippingThis model of the right knee features a detachable ligament system, allowing a complete view of each individual ligament, bone, or cartilage. The ligaments are made of an indestructible, hard elastic for years of durable use. The ligaments? flexibility allows demonstration of the full range of motion, including flexion, extension, inner and outer rotation. Removable from stand, dissects. Life size. Made of SOMSO-Plast. 34 x 18 x 18cm.
- Dynatest™ Item Code: MS10253FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dynatest™The Dynatest is used to determine exact muscle strength in the hands in rheumatic disorders and after sport injuries.Health firmly under control! The dynatest® is used to determine exact muscle strength in the hands in rheumatic disorders and after sport injuries and to carry out effective training. The conveniently sized dynamometer is very sturdy and excellently suited for frequent use in office practices and hospitals. Movement therapy is ideally supported by exercises using the yellow softballs.SpecificationsAttractive case made of sturdy plastic.Easy-to-read scale from 0 to 1.0 bar.Latex-free black bulb for strength measurements.Chrome-plated non-ageing precision air-release valve.High quality durable measuring element.Five yellow softballs for therapeutic exercises.Instructions for use include exercises for effective movement therapy.Practical table pad for documenting measurement results.
- Box And Block Test Item Code: MS10295FREE ShippingBox And Block TestPortable version of the standardised test of manual dexterity.Provides a baseline for upper extremity manual dexterity and gross motor co-ordination.Test is quick and simple to administer.Suitable for persons with cognitive impairments and/or limited manual dexterity.Complete with 150 x 25mm (1") coloured wooden blocks, closable box designed for easy portability and storage.Note: This item is special order. See our Terms & conditions for more information.
- ADJUSTABLE WALL GONIOMETER Item Code: MS10892FREE ShippingObjectively measure and document thoracic and lumbar range of motion. The height-adjustable goniometer allows users to align it with the client's L4 and L5 axis points for reliable, precise measurements. Allows measurement of lateral flexion, forward flexion and extension of the spine. Comes with instructions.Latex free. Width 61 x 112cm.
- ACCUANGLE GONIOMETER Item Code: MS10894FREE Shipping
- Jamar 360° - 14" (36cm) Goniometer Item Code: MS10269FREE ShippingJamar 360° - 14" (36cm) GoniometerMake measuring more precise with this reusable Stainless Steel Goniometer by Jamar.This product is designed to measure angles of your patient's body or their flexibility and rotation of joints.This goniometer features easy-to-read inch and centimeter measurements, and clearly marked degree increments for easy use.Excellent for personal use at home or clinical use.
- Jamar 180° - (36cm) 14" Goniometers Item Code: MS10268FREE ShippingJamar 180° - (36cm) 14" GoniometersMake measuring more precise with this reusable Stainless Steel Goniometer by Jamar.This product is designed to measure angles of your patient's body or their flexibility and rotation of joints.This goniometer features easy-to-read inch and centimeter measurements, and clearly marked degree increments for easy use.Excellent for personal use at home or clinical use.
- Broad Arms Goniometer - 20cm Item Code: MS10261Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section