Testing & Evaluation
Items 1-40 of 126
- Goniometer - Small 180° Item Code: MS16690Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.80Save: £0.56
- Camry Digital Hand Dynamometer / Grip Strength Meter - (90 Kgs) Item Code: MS26030FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Camry digital hand dynamometer is engineered as a professional training device for handgrip strengths suitable for any doctor's office, physical therapy clinic, engineering lab, or the gym.Adjustable center knob allows the device to be adjusted for different hand sizes and preferences.19 definable users with options for gender and age to store, along with the ability to save and recall test results for each user.Compares individual test run for each of the 19 users, and displays the incremental increase, or decrease from the last record.Each test run is rated "weak", "normal", or "strong" based on age and gender data entered for each user.Easy switch from lbs. to kg. at any time, including for last recorded data.How to Use1. Remove the isolation tag from the battery case;2. Press (ON/SET) button to turns on;3. The middle two buttons (ARROWS up/down) allow you to select a different user. Then press (ON/SET) button to cycle between gender and age of the selected user, and edit the values using the arrows.4. When you are ready you can hit the (START) button to test your handgrip.5. Now if you press (ON/SET) button, it converts between LB / KG.6. While squeezing, it shows the amount of force you are currently squeezing, as soon as you let go it shows you the max/peak of what you squeezed.7. Press the (ARROW down) button if you want to save the result, or hit (START) button to retest.8. After you test your grip, and the max result is displayed, if you wait 6 seconds it will then tell you how many lbs/kgs more/less you've done in comparison to your saved result.Express Delivery Available
- Standard 20cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16688Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £4.30Save: £0.86
- Blood Glucose Monitor Item Code: MS29836Special Price £12.39 with VAT Relief
Was: £15.49Save: £3.10
- Jamar Plus Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13615FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Our Dynamometer will provide an accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip and strength for clients suffering from hand trauma or other dysfunction caused by illness. The dynamometer will provide an up to date evaluation of improvement in grip and dexterity. The piece of equipment itself is of aluminium construction with a scratch resistant UV coating- meaning it is lightweight and robust. The display will indicate grip force from 0-200lbs and the LCD display is easy to read. The dynamometer can be set to display pounds or kilograms and will indicate when the battery is low. The machine will also calculate the average and then compare grip force to show deviation and measure progress- which is a key motivator for those working their way back to health and their own optimum. Without being able to measure progress how can you ensure progress is being made? Features Provides accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip Ideal for those recovering from hand trauma or dysfunction Aluminium construction so lightweight Easy to use.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £348.70Save: £58.72
- Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test Kit Item Code: MS21183FREE ShippingThis seven part test evaluates a broad range of hand functions used in daily activities. Conduct test using common items such as paper clips, cans, pencils, etc. Includes instructions and all items needed to perform seven sub tests. An empty can serves as a container for small test items. Test comes in a cotton carrying bag.
- Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13610FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.In today's health care environment, accurate and objective data is required for reimbursable rehabilitation services, making the Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer an indispensable tool. Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. Virtually leak proof hydraulics and isometric design ensure accurate, reproducible results and years of reliable service.Built to last, a shock resistant rubber cap protects the stainless steel gauge and a wrist strap prevents accidental damage if dropped. Unit comes with carrying/storage case andcomplete instructions. One year warranty. The warranty does not cover calibration.The Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer combines precision with convenient features:Dual scale readout displays isometric grip force from: 0 to 200lbs(0 to 90kg)Peak hold needle automatically retains the highest reading until reset.Handle easily adjusts to five grip positions, from: 13/8" to 33/8"(3.5cm to 8.7cm) in 1/2"(1.3cm) increments.Note: At minimum, an annual calibration and tune up is recommended to ensure long term accuracy of the unit.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £323.89Save: £47.90
- Standard 30cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16689Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.30Save: £1.46
- FUNCTIONAL MODEL OF THE KNEE JOINT Item Code: MS11028FREE ShippingThis model of the right knee features a detachable ligament system, allowing a complete view of each individual ligament, bone, or cartilage. The ligaments are made of an indestructible, hard elastic for years of durable use. The ligaments? flexibility allows demonstration of the full range of motion, including flexion, extension, inner and outer rotation. Removable from stand, dissects. Life size. Made of SOMSO-Plast. 34 x 18 x 18cm.
- Harpenden Skinfold Calliper Item Code: MS22647FREE ShippingThe Harpenden Skinfold Calliper is one of the most up to date and versatile callipers on the market. Used correctly it will give good service and reliable results for many years and, in order that optimum results are obtained, we suggest strongly that you read your manual thoroughly even if experienced in the use of this type of equipment.
- WHARTENBURG STAINLESS STEEL PINWHEEL Item Code: MS10294Special PriceWas: £29.09Save: £5.82
- Baseline 7-Piece Hand Evaluation Kit Item Code: MS20886FREE ShippingBaseline 7-Piece Hand Evaluation KitA seven piece complete set of instruments needed for hand evaluation.Includes the following:Baseline Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer13.6kg (30lb) Pinch GaugeStainless Steel Finger GoniometerTwo Point DiscriminatorWartenburg PinwheelFinger Circumference GaugeFunctional Finger Motion GaugeSold with a carrying case.
- Life Size Skeleton - Deluxe Item Code: MS23647FREE Shipping
This model helps students to understand the relationship between the human body figure and the skeleton.
It can also be used for studying the morphology of bones and the construction of joints.
Set in a standing posture, the joints of the upper and lower extremities are moveable.
Skull is composed of 22 bones, transversely cut Calvarium and moveable mandible.
3 lower teeth - incisor, cuspid and molar are removable.
Red painted parts represent muscle origins and blue painted areas represent muscle insertions.
Made of PVC plastic,wipes clean.
- Wrist Inclinometer Item Code: MS22650FREE ShippingMeasures forearm pronation and supination. Designed to reduce extraneous variables currently found with goniometric measurements of forearm motions. Provides accurate information when used according to the included instructions. Easy to read 360º protractor dial has 5º increments of measurement. Latex free.Special PriceWas: £93.59Save: £18.72
- Pneumatic Squeeze Dynamometer Item Code: MS10889FREE ShippingFor measuring hand strength, even where grasping power has been severely impaired or other disabilities inhibit gripping effort. It is lightweight and should be used when accuracy and repeatability are required. Maximum reading remains until reset. The smallest bulb may be used for children and to test pinching function of intrinsic muscles. Scale is calibrated in an international unit of energy (bars). Includes carrying case with instructionsBulb contains natural rubber latex
- TRISTAR™ Item Code: MS10286FREE ShippingThe high quality stethoscope Tristar with three different sized double chest pieces for adults, children/babies and new borns is suitable for auscultation in all frequency ranges. Considerably improved acoustic performance in all areas of application.-Double chest pieces for Duplex, baby and Duplex neonatal made of aluminium with practical rapid exchange connector-Special membranes, diameter 48mm, 36mm, 28mm, for first class acoustics with extra flat non-chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Bell diameters: 36mm, 28mm, 24mm-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Optimal seal of the external auditory canal with soft, exchangeable ear-tips-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC for optimal acoustics to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 79cm, 78.5cm, 78cm-Latex free-Tristar is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £107.29Save: £21.46
- SECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI Function Item Code: MS10273FREE ShippingSECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI FunctionEasy to manoeuvre and is complete with a clear LCD display that offers a Body Mass Index facility.The seat is comfortable and combined with foot supports, making the chair very steady.The armrests can be swivelled up and backwards for ease of patient access.The non-skid locking wheels provide patient security. Touch button hold and TARE features.Powered by mains or rechargeable function.Maximum User Weight: 200Kgs or 31.5St£1,060.79 with VAT Relief
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.Special PriceWas: £192.10Save: £38.42
- Jamar Norms Wall Chart Item Code: MS13614Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This handy wall chart is a great addition to any clinic. Large print displays the normative grip strength data for individuals from 6 to 75+ years old as collected by Virgil Mathiowetz, et al. using a Jamar Hand Dynamometer. Instructions for proper testing procedures are also included. Laminated, high quality, heavy paper with metal grommets in each top corner assures many years of use from this chart.Measures 46 x 61cm (18 x 24").Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £29.29Save: £5.86
- Box And Block Test Item Code: MS10295FREE ShippingBox And Block TestPortable version of the standardised test of manual dexterity.Provides a baseline for upper extremity manual dexterity and gross motor co-ordination.Test is quick and simple to administer.Suitable for persons with cognitive impairments and/or limited manual dexterity.Complete with 150 x 25mm (1") coloured wooden blocks, closable box designed for easy portability and storage.Note: This item is special order. See our Terms & conditions for more information.
- CROM (CERVICAL RANGE OF MOTION INSTRUMENT) Item Code: MS10276FREE ShippingProvides accurate, repeatable measurements of cervical movement and the objective data that third party payers require. The CROM combines AMA required inclinometers and magnets in an easy to use instrument. Eliminates positioning, zeroing and tracking errors common with stand-alone inclinometers.Allows rotation movements in upright position. Standardised protocol minimises chance for examiner error. Comfortable, lightweight frame positions easily and securely with hook and loop fastener straps. CROM comes complete with manual, normal values, magnetic yoke and convenient storage case.
- 15cm (6") Steel Finger-Toe Goniometer Item Code: MS10266FREE Shipping15cm (6") Steel Finger/Toe GoniometerStainless steel goniometer measures range of motion of finger joints (metacarpophalangeal and interphalangeal) and other small joints including toes. Head has two opposing 180º scales marked in 5º increments. A linear scale in inches and centimetres is on the arm.Special PriceWas: £68.18Save: £13.63
- Jamar Hand Eval Kit 2 Item Code: MS29058FREE ShippingFor over 45 years the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer has been the industry standard for grip strength data collection many states use the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer as a standard testing istrument for compensation determinations. It offers many features fot routine screen as well as evaluation of hand trauma and disease. Displaying grip force in pounds and kilos upto 200lbs or 90kgs automatically retains the highest reading until reset (ideal for easy recording). The Adjustable handle allows therapists to quantify grip strength for different size objects since the size of the objects being grasped may vary the grip strength on an individual patient.Designed to be used for effective and accurate hand evaluationsAll three instruments come in a convenient carrying case with die cut foam, so they\'re easy to find when you need themAvailable in three kit options: 30 lb. Pinch Gauge, 45 lb. Pinch Gauge and 60 lb. Pinch Gauge
- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.
- Baseline Digital Hand Spring Dynamometer Item Code: MS23877FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £181.19Save: £36.24
- Finger-Toe Goniometer - Tight Fitting Hinge Item Code: MS22624Helps the therapist perform accurate and precise finger range of motion measurements. Scale is in two degree increments for improved reliability. Ruler is in both inches and centimeters. The long arm is 9.5cm (3¾") long and it clears the wrist for accurate placement. If a shorter arm is desired, the goniometer can be trimmed to meet measuring preferences. Composite motion is measured easily because the goniometer's short arm is only 2cm (¾") long, allowing precise measurement of DIP range of motion. Measuring degrees of hyperextension is simple - no repositioning is necessary. The goniometer easily provides readings ranging from 30º of hyperextension to 120º of flexion. Tight fitting hinge enables the therapist to read the goniometer after removal from joint.Special PriceWas: £38.89Save: £7.78
- Goniometer - Small 360 Degrees Item Code: MS16691Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.99Save: £0.60
- DISK-CRIMINATOR™ Item Code: MS10289FREE ShippingDiagnostic instrument tests both static and moving one and two point discrimination. Set includes two plastic disks, each containing a series of metal rods, spaced at varying intervals from 1mm to 25mm. Useful for measuring the innervation density of any surface area following nerve injury and repair, and for testing areas of skin before and after skin grafts. Also useful for home programmes as a sensory re-education tool. Fabric storage pouch and instructions included.Special PriceWas: £162.40Save: £32.48
- DUAL HEAD STETHOSCOPE Item Code: MS10288Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This economical stethoscope features an aluminium, dual head chest piece and one piece moulded 56cm (22") PVC tubing to provide excellent sound quality and transmission. Lightweight with adjustable binaurals for a comfortable fit. Includes a built in rubber non-chill ring. Complete with a carrying pouch.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £14.99Save: £3.00
- Duplex De-Luxe Stethoscope Item Code: MS10285FREE ShippingThe Reister Duplex De-Luxe stethoscope with double chest piece offers acoustics in a class of its own for perfect auscultation.The stethoscope can be used for the diagnosis of adults as well as children.-Double chest piece made of either stainless steel or lightweight aluminium-Double sided special membranes, diameter 48mm and 36mm, with extra flat non chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Soft exchangeable ear tips for comfortable and effective seal of the external auditory canal-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 77cm-Latex free-Duplex De-Luxe is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £78.89Save: £15.78
- DUPLEX™ Item Code: MS10287FREE ShippingThe Duplex is the high grade Reister quality stethoscope with precision double chest piece. The acoustic performance has been considerably improved.-Double chest piece available in three versions: stainless steel, chromium plated brass or particularly light anodised aluminium-Special membranes for perfect auscultation, diameter 48mm, with extra flat non-chill ring to adapt ideally to the skin-Bell diameter: 36mm-Overall length: 77cm-Duplex is supplied with a pair of replacement ear tips and a replacement membraneSpecial PriceWas: £79.30Save: £15.86
- REUSABLE PENLIGHT FLASHLIGHT Item Code: MS10901Special PriceWas: £27.98Save: £5.59
- SECA 665 - WHEELCHAIR WEIGHER Item Code: MS10899FREE Shipping-Determines patient weight whilst seated in wheelchair-Shallow ramps allow easy patient access to platform-Suitable for conventional and powered wheelchairs -Safety rails and non-slip surface for patient security-Weight of wheelchair deducted by pre-TARE function-Memory storage for weights of wheelchairs-Easy and safe to transport folded up on castors-Powered by mains / rechargeable battery-TARE and pre-TARE facility-Large LCD screen-Kg / lbs switch over-Capacity: 300kg (47st)-Graduations: 100g< 200kg>200g / 0.2lb< 440lbs>0.5lb-Weight: 30.3kg
- RI-MED™ SPHYGMOMANOMETER SET Item Code: MS10281FREE ShippingErgonomically designed palm held sphygmomanometer can be right or left hand operated. Features extra large, easy to read 63mm diameter dial, grey scale with black graduations.Double Action - can be automatically regulated air release of 2-3 mmHg/s via a button at the end of the unit or at your preferred rate. Maximum reading 300mmHg. Maximum error +/- 3mmHg. Includes paediatric, adult and large adult cuffs in a desk or wall mounted storage module.Special Price £151.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £189.99Save: £38.00
- Assessment Jamar Manual Dexterity Test Item Code: MS10296FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £195.89Save: £39.18
- Muscled Shoulder Joint Model Item Code: MS11031FREE ShippingSemi-articulating right rotator cuff model has an encapsulated humerus that is removable from the capsular ligament of the shoulder joint. Allows demonstration of the rotator cuff's role in fixing the humerus in the glenoid cavity and depressing it during shoulder elevation. Includes removable patient education card and plastic base. Measures 13 x 15.2 x 13cm.Special PriceWas: £177.89Save: £35.58
- Muscled Elbow Joint Model Item Code: MS11030FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £208.99Save: £41.80
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section