Testing & Evaluation
Items 1-40 of 124
- Goniometer - Small 180° Item Code: MS16690Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.80Save: £0.42
- Standard 20cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16688Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £4.30Save: £0.65
- Standard 30cm Goniometer Item Code: MS16689Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.30Save: £1.09
- Jamar Plus Digital Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13615FREE ShippingOur Dynamometer will provide an accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip and strength for clients suffering from hand trauma or other dysfunction caused by illness. The dynamometer will provide an up to date evaluation of improvement in grip and dexterity. The piece of equipment itself is of aluminium construction with a scratch resistant UV coating- meaning it is lightweight and robust. The display will indicate grip force from 0-200lbs and the LCD display is easy to read. The dynamometer can be set to display pounds or kilograms and will indicate when the battery is low. The machine will also calculate the average and then compare grip force to show deviation and measure progress- which is a key motivator for those working their way back to health and their own optimum. Without being able to measure progress how can you ensure progress is being made? Features Provides accurate and ongoing evaluation of hand grip Ideal for those recovering from hand trauma or dysfunction Aluminium construction so lightweight Easy to use.Special PriceWas: £348.70Save: £58.72
- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.Special PriceWas: £251.18Save: £37.68
- Life Size Skeleton - Deluxe Item Code: MS23647FREE Shipping
This model helps students to understand the relationship between the human body figure and the skeleton.
It can also be used for studying the morphology of bones and the construction of joints.
Set in a standing posture, the joints of the upper and lower extremities are moveable.
Skull is composed of 22 bones, transversely cut Calvarium and moveable mandible.
3 lower teeth - incisor, cuspid and molar are removable.
Red painted parts represent muscle origins and blue painted areas represent muscle insertions.
Made of PVC plastic,wipes clean.Special PriceWas: £379.19Save: £56.88
- Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer Item Code: MS13610FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.In today's health care environment, accurate and objective data is required for reimbursable rehabilitation services, making the Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer an indispensable tool. Ideal for routine screening of grip strength and initial and ongoing evaluation of clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. Virtually leak proof hydraulics and isometric design ensure accurate, reproducible results and years of reliable service.Built to last, a shock resistant rubber cap protects the stainless steel gauge and a wrist strap prevents accidental damage if dropped. Unit comes with carrying/storage case andcomplete instructions. One year warranty. The warranty does not cover calibration.The Jamar Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer combines precision with convenient features:Dual scale readout displays isometric grip force from: 0 to 200lbs(0 to 90kg)Peak hold needle automatically retains the highest reading until reset.Handle easily adjusts to five grip positions, from: 13/8" to 33/8"(3.5cm to 8.7cm) in 1/2"(1.3cm) increments.Note: At minimum, an annual calibration and tune up is recommended to ensure long term accuracy of the unit.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £323.89Save: £48.59
- FUNCTIONAL MODEL OF THE KNEE JOINT Item Code: MS11028FREE ShippingThis model of the right knee features a detachable ligament system, allowing a complete view of each individual ligament, bone, or cartilage. The ligaments are made of an indestructible, hard elastic for years of durable use. The ligaments? flexibility allows demonstration of the full range of motion, including flexion, extension, inner and outer rotation. Removable from stand, dissects. Life size. Made of SOMSO-Plast. 34 x 18 x 18cm.Special PriceWas: £334.58Save: £50.18
- Dynatest™ Item Code: MS10253FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dynatest™The Dynatest is used to determine exact muscle strength in the hands in rheumatic disorders and after sport injuries.Health firmly under control! The dynatest® is used to determine exact muscle strength in the hands in rheumatic disorders and after sport injuries and to carry out effective training. The conveniently sized dynamometer is very sturdy and excellently suited for frequent use in office practices and hospitals. Movement therapy is ideally supported by exercises using the yellow softballs.SpecificationsAttractive case made of sturdy plastic.Easy-to-read scale from 0 to 1.0 bar.Latex-free black bulb for strength measurements.Chrome-plated non-ageing precision air-release valve.High quality durable measuring element.Five yellow softballs for therapeutic exercises.Instructions for use include exercises for effective movement therapy.Practical table pad for documenting measurement results.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £155.59Save: £23.34
- Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge Item Code: MS10255FREE ShippingUnlike conventional pinch gauges, the Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge's unique design frees the client to perform a true pinch pattern because the therapist, not the client, supports the weight of the gauge. A highly accurate pinch force measurement, devoid of artifact, is the result. Red indicator needle remains at maximum reading until reset. Measures pinch force to 20kg (45lbs). Includes instructions, handy carrying case and one-year warranty.Special PriceWas: £252.38Save: £37.86
- Jamar Norms Wall Chart Item Code: MS13614Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This handy wall chart is a great addition to any clinic. Large print displays the normative grip strength data for individuals from 6 to 75+ years old as collected by Virgil Mathiowetz, et al. using a Jamar Hand Dynamometer. Instructions for proper testing procedures are also included. Laminated, high quality, heavy paper with metal grommets in each top corner assures many years of use from this chart.Measures 46 x 61cm (18 x 24").Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £29.29Save: £4.39
- Jamar 360° - 14" (36cm) Goniometer Item Code: MS10269FREE ShippingJamar 360° - 14" (36cm) GoniometerMake measuring more precise with this reusable Stainless Steel Goniometer by Jamar.This product is designed to measure angles of your patient's body or their flexibility and rotation of joints.This goniometer features easy-to-read inch and centimeter measurements, and clearly marked degree increments for easy use.Excellent for personal use at home or clinical use.Special PriceWas: £84.49Save: £12.67
- Harpenden Skinfold Calliper Item Code: MS22647FREE ShippingThe Harpenden Skinfold Calliper is one of the most up to date and versatile callipers on the market. Used correctly it will give good service and reliable results for many years and, in order that optimum results are obtained, we suggest strongly that you read your manual thoroughly even if experienced in the use of this type of equipment.Special PriceWas: £392.29Save: £58.85
- Pneumatic Squeeze Dynamometer Item Code: MS10889FREE ShippingFor measuring hand strength, even where grasping power has been severely impaired or other disabilities inhibit gripping effort. It is lightweight and should be used when accuracy and repeatability are required. Maximum reading remains until reset. The smallest bulb may be used for children and to test pinching function of intrinsic muscles. Scale is calibrated in an international unit of energy (bars). Includes carrying case with instructionsBulb contains natural rubber latexSpecial PriceWas: £256.58Save: £38.48
- Purdue Pegboard Test Item Code: MS19433FREE ShippingTests dexterity. Measures two types of activities: one involving gross movement of hands, fingers and arms; and the other involving fingertip dexterity. Includes manual with instructions, normative data and 25 record blanks. A stopwatch, which is needed for administration of the test, is not included.Special PriceWas: £254.78Save: £38.22
- DUAL HEAD STETHOSCOPE Item Code: MS10288Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This economical stethoscope features an aluminium, dual head chest piece and one piece moulded 56cm (22") PVC tubing to provide excellent sound quality and transmission. Lightweight with adjustable binaurals for a comfortable fit. Includes a built in rubber non-chill ring. Complete with a carrying pouch.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £14.99Save: £2.24
- MUSCLED ELBOW JOINT MODEL Item Code: MS11030FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £208.99Save: £31.34
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.Special PriceWas: £192.10Save: £28.81
- B & L Pinch Gauge (0 - 13.6Kg) Item Code: MS13629FREE ShippingPrecision gauges are the recognised standards for measuring isometric tip, key and palmar pinch strength. The 4.5kg and 13.6kg gauges are easier to read when measuring weak hands. The 27kg gauge is ideal for work hardening programs.Pinch jaws are approximately 22mm wide and 19mm thick.Pinch strength norms for adults included.Gauge and case sold separately.Note: The gauges do NOT come with a case this must be ordered as well as the gauge if you require one.Special PriceWas: £406.79Save: £61.02
- ARTHRODIAL PROTRACTOR Item Code: MS10893FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £130.19Save: £19.52
- Jamar Hand Eval Kit 2 Item Code: MS29058FREE ShippingFor over 45 years the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer has been the industry standard for grip strength data collection many states use the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer as a standard testing istrument for compensation determinations. It offers many features fot routine screen as well as evaluation of hand trauma and disease. Displaying grip force in pounds and kilos upto 200lbs or 90kgs automatically retains the highest reading until reset (ideal for easy recording). The Adjustable handle allows therapists to quantify grip strength for different size objects since the size of the objects being grasped may vary the grip strength on an individual patient.Designed to be used for effective and accurate hand evaluationsAll three instruments come in a convenient carrying case with die cut foam, so they\'re easy to find when you need themAvailable in three kit options: 30 lb. Pinch Gauge, 45 lb. Pinch Gauge and 60 lb. Pinch GaugeSpecial PriceWas: £537.89Save: £80.69
- Baseline Digital Hand Spring Dynamometer Item Code: MS23877FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £181.19Save: £27.18
- Model - Life Size Foot Joint With Fixed Ankle Joint Item Code: MS22547Special PriceWas: £28.90Save: £4.33
- Model - Life Size Elbow Joint Item Code: MS23017Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Demonstrates flexion, extension and internal/external rotation.
Includes flexible, artificial ligaments.
Made of PVC plastic, wipes clean.
Life-size, on stand.
Dimensions 17 x 14.5 x 24cmExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £41.29Save: £6.19
- Wrist Inclinometer Item Code: MS22650FREE ShippingMeasures forearm pronation and supination. Designed to reduce extraneous variables currently found with goniometric measurements of forearm motions. Provides accurate information when used according to the included instructions. Easy to read 360º protractor dial has 5º increments of measurement. Latex free.Special PriceWas: £93.59Save: £14.04
- Finger-Toe Goniometer - Loose Fitting Hinge Item Code: MS22623Helps the therapist perform accurate and precise finger range of motion measurements. Scale is in two degree increments for improved reliability. Ruler is in both inches and centimeters. The long arm is 9.5cm (3¾") long and it clears the wrist for accurate placement. If a shorter arm is desired, the goniometer can be trimmed to meet measuring preferences. Composite motion is measured easily because the goniometer's short arm is only 2cm (¾") long, allowing precise measurement of DIP range of motion. Measuring degrees of hyperextension is simple - no repositioning is necessary. The goniometer easily provides readings ranging from 30º of hyperextension to 120º of flexion. Loose fitting hinge lies on the joint without guidance.Special PriceWas: £35.89Save: £5.39
- West Hand & Foot Monofilaments Item Code: PG131-11FREE ShippingProviding reliable test results. Practical size enables shirt pocket portability. Weinstein Enhanced Sensory Test (WEST) for the Hand and Foot, uses five monofilaments to measure skin sensitivity and determine peripheral nerve involvement.WEST Hand and Foot provides reliable test results with textured, round monofilament tips. Five monofilament instrument is damage resistant, saving lost time and the expense of replacement and recalibration of bent or broken filaments. Saves testing time because two or more filaments can be in position for testing, eliminating the need to put one down carefully and pick up another one.Measures 15 x 7.6cm in the storing positionIncludes case 11 x 17cm, test forms, manual and free calibration for one year. Recalibration service available.
- Baseline Pinch Gauge Item Code: PD137-1FREE ShippingThis precision instrument records isometric lateral, chuck or tip pinch in kilograms and pounds. The body is made of rugged anodised aluminum with a nylon strap for the examiner's wrist. The red pointer stops at the maximum pinch recorded for the highest degree of accuracy. Pinch jaws are 22mm wide and approximately 19mm thick. Includes carrying caseThree-year warranty
- Baseline 180 Digit Goniometer Item Code: PD136-1FREE ShippingUsing your finger, move the measurement head through flexion, extension and hyperextension. Measures 110? flexion and 40? hyperextension in 5? increments. Arm has 10cm/4" scale. This goniometer is also known as a one hand goniometer because the therapist using only one hand can take readings and can use the other hand to stabilise the patient or record the measurements. The standard finger goniometer requires the therapist to use two hands to make a finger range-of-motion measurement.
- Goniometer - Small 360 Degrees Item Code: MS16691Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.99Save: £0.44
- PICKING UP TEST Item Code: MS10297The test evaluates the client's level of functional sensibility by measuring motor function. All pieces are metal to eliminate differences in temperature / texture as factors. Pinching is required to pick up small objects and to measure the perception of constant touch and pressure. Fine motor skills are also required. Can be used blindfolded to measure tactile ability or stereognosis. Includes normative data.Special PriceWas: £40.60Save: £6.08
- Duplex De-Luxe Stethoscope Item Code: MS10285FREE ShippingThe Reister Duplex De-Luxe stethoscope with double chest piece offers acoustics in a class of its own for perfect auscultation.The stethoscope can be used for the diagnosis of adults as well as children.-Double chest piece made of either stainless steel or lightweight aluminium-Double sided special membranes, diameter 48mm and 36mm, with extra flat non chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Soft exchangeable ear tips for comfortable and effective seal of the external auditory canal-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 77cm-Latex free-Duplex De-Luxe is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £78.89Save: £11.83
- DUPLEX™ Item Code: MS10287FREE ShippingThe Duplex is the high grade Reister quality stethoscope with precision double chest piece. The acoustic performance has been considerably improved.-Double chest piece available in three versions: stainless steel, chromium plated brass or particularly light anodised aluminium-Special membranes for perfect auscultation, diameter 48mm, with extra flat non-chill ring to adapt ideally to the skin-Bell diameter: 36mm-Overall length: 77cm-Duplex is supplied with a pair of replacement ear tips and a replacement membraneSpecial PriceWas: £79.30Save: £11.89
- WHARTENBURG STAINLESS STEEL PINWHEEL Item Code: MS10294Special PriceWas: £29.09Save: £4.37
- TRISTAR™ Item Code: MS10286FREE ShippingThe high quality stethoscope Tristar with three different sized double chest pieces for adults, children/babies and new borns is suitable for auscultation in all frequency ranges. Considerably improved acoustic performance in all areas of application.-Double chest pieces for Duplex, baby and Duplex neonatal made of aluminium with practical rapid exchange connector-Special membranes, diameter 48mm, 36mm, 28mm, for first class acoustics with extra flat non-chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Bell diameters: 36mm, 28mm, 24mm-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Optimal seal of the external auditory canal with soft, exchangeable ear-tips-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC for optimal acoustics to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 79cm, 78.5cm, 78cm-Latex free-Tristar is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £107.29Save: £16.09
- TAYLOR PERCUSSION HAMMER Item Code: MS10291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £12.79Save: £1.92
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section