- Blood Glucose Monitor Item Code: MS29836Special Price £13.17 with VAT Relief
Was: £15.49Save: £2.32
- Harpenden Skinfold Calliper Item Code: MS22647FREE ShippingThe Harpenden Skinfold Calliper is one of the most up to date and versatile callipers on the market. Used correctly it will give good service and reliable results for many years and, in order that optimum results are obtained, we suggest strongly that you read your manual thoroughly even if experienced in the use of this type of equipment.
- Height Measure Item Code: MS10900FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £284.89Save: £42.73
- TRISTAR™ Item Code: MS10286FREE ShippingThe high quality stethoscope Tristar with three different sized double chest pieces for adults, children/babies and new borns is suitable for auscultation in all frequency ranges. Considerably improved acoustic performance in all areas of application.-Double chest pieces for Duplex, baby and Duplex neonatal made of aluminium with practical rapid exchange connector-Special membranes, diameter 48mm, 36mm, 28mm, for first class acoustics with extra flat non-chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Bell diameters: 36mm, 28mm, 24mm-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Optimal seal of the external auditory canal with soft, exchangeable ear-tips-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC for optimal acoustics to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 79cm, 78.5cm, 78cm-Latex free-Tristar is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £107.29Save: £16.09
- Marsden Professional Physicians Scale With BMI Item Code: MS10274FREE ShippingMarsden Professional Physicians Scale With BMIThis scale is robust with its heavy duty construction making it ideal for the consulting room or clinic.Accurate scale with BMI and height measure.It is powered by batteries, which are rechargeable.SpecificationsCapacity is 200kg (311/2 st) in 200g (0.4lb) increments.Width 315mm (121/2").Depth 460mm (18").Height 900mm (351/2").Weight 8kg.Class III approved.£608.69 with VAT Relief
- Duplex De-Luxe Stethoscope Item Code: MS10285FREE ShippingThe Reister Duplex De-Luxe stethoscope with double chest piece offers acoustics in a class of its own for perfect auscultation.The stethoscope can be used for the diagnosis of adults as well as children.-Double chest piece made of either stainless steel or lightweight aluminium-Double sided special membranes, diameter 48mm and 36mm, with extra flat non chill rings to adapt better to the skin-Matt chromium plated binaural with integrated reinforced double spring-Soft exchangeable ear tips for comfortable and effective seal of the external auditory canal-Particularly strong Y-tube made of PVC to shield against undesired stray sounds-Overall length: 77cm-Latex free-Duplex De-Luxe is supplied with two pairs of replacement ear tips and a replacement membrane for each diameter-With name plateSpecial PriceWas: £78.89Save: £11.83
- REUSABLE PENLIGHT FLASHLIGHT Item Code: MS10901Special PriceWas: £27.98Save: £4.20
- SECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI Function Item Code: MS10273FREE ShippingSECA 958 - Electronic Chair Scale With BMI FunctionEasy to manoeuvre and is complete with a clear LCD display that offers a Body Mass Index facility.The seat is comfortable and combined with foot supports, making the chair very steady.The armrests can be swivelled up and backwards for ease of patient access.The non-skid locking wheels provide patient security. Touch button hold and TARE features.Powered by mains or rechargeable function.Maximum User Weight: 200Kgs or 31.5St£1,060.79 with VAT Relief
- SECA CIRCUMFERENCE TAPE Item Code: MS10283FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £97.79Save: £14.66
- RI-MED™ SPHYGMOMANOMETER SET Item Code: MS10281FREE ShippingErgonomically designed palm held sphygmomanometer can be right or left hand operated. Features extra large, easy to read 63mm diameter dial, grey scale with black graduations.Double Action - can be automatically regulated air release of 2-3 mmHg/s via a button at the end of the unit or at your preferred rate. Maximum reading 300mmHg. Maximum error +/- 3mmHg. Includes paediatric, adult and large adult cuffs in a desk or wall mounted storage module.Special Price £161.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £189.99Save: £28.50
- ACCUANGLE GONIOMETER Item Code: MS10894FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £188.78Save: £28.32
- DUAL HEAD STETHOSCOPE Item Code: MS10288Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This economical stethoscope features an aluminium, dual head chest piece and one piece moulded 56cm (22") PVC tubing to provide excellent sound quality and transmission. Lightweight with adjustable binaurals for a comfortable fit. Includes a built in rubber non-chill ring. Complete with a carrying pouch.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £14.99Save: £2.24
- SECA 665 - WHEELCHAIR WEIGHER Item Code: MS10899FREE Shipping-Determines patient weight whilst seated in wheelchair-Shallow ramps allow easy patient access to platform-Suitable for conventional and powered wheelchairs -Safety rails and non-slip surface for patient security-Weight of wheelchair deducted by pre-TARE function-Memory storage for weights of wheelchairs-Easy and safe to transport folded up on castors-Powered by mains / rechargeable battery-TARE and pre-TARE facility-Large LCD screen-Kg / lbs switch over-Capacity: 300kg (47st)-Graduations: 100g< 200kg>200g / 0.2lb< 440lbs>0.5lb-Weight: 30.3kg
- Marsden/Invicta Free Standing Height Measure Item Code: MS10275FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £136.30Save: £20.45
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.Special PriceWas: £192.10Save: £28.81
- Wrist Inclinometer Item Code: MS22650FREE ShippingMeasures forearm pronation and supination. Designed to reduce extraneous variables currently found with goniometric measurements of forearm motions. Provides accurate information when used according to the included instructions. Easy to read 360º protractor dial has 5º increments of measurement. Latex free.Special PriceWas: £93.59Save: £14.04
- DUPLEX™ Item Code: MS10287FREE ShippingThe Duplex is the high grade Reister quality stethoscope with precision double chest piece. The acoustic performance has been considerably improved.-Double chest piece available in three versions: stainless steel, chromium plated brass or particularly light anodised aluminium-Special membranes for perfect auscultation, diameter 48mm, with extra flat non-chill ring to adapt ideally to the skin-Bell diameter: 36mm-Overall length: 77cm-Duplex is supplied with a pair of replacement ear tips and a replacement membraneSpecial PriceWas: £79.30Save: £11.89
- Scoliometer Item Code: MS10898FREE ShippingScolimeterFeaturesMeasures six areas to detect scoliosis, and provides three measurements to detect abnormal anteropostero curves. Evaluates progress during treatment, without X-rays. Measures the unstable lumbosacral curve as well as the cervical and thoracic curves. Calibrated in centimeters, millimeters and degrees. Latex free.This item is special order and is non returnable**Special PriceWas: £207.89Save: £31.19
- Long Ring Timer Item Code: MS10280Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.60 with VAT Relief
Was: £11.29Save: £1.69
- CROM (CERVICAL RANGE OF MOTION INSTRUMENT) Item Code: MS10276FREE ShippingProvides accurate, repeatable measurements of cervical movement and the objective data that third party payers require. The CROM combines AMA required inclinometers and magnets in an easy to use instrument. Eliminates positioning, zeroing and tracking errors common with stand-alone inclinometers.Allows rotation movements in upright position. Standardised protocol minimises chance for examiner error. Comfortable, lightweight frame positions easily and securely with hook and loop fastener straps. CROM comes complete with manual, normal values, magnetic yoke and convenient storage case.
- BASELINE® INCLINOMETER Item Code: MS10895FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £144.79Save: £21.72
- Baseline Circumference Tape Item Code: MS10282Measure the circumference of a joint or digit. Wrap webbing around the finger and read circumference directly from the ruler. Measure by yourself: simply make a loop, position loosely around waist, wrist or area being measured, and press button. Measuring tape will stay in place securely, while you have two free hands to make adjustments and record measurements.Special PriceWas: £25.30Save: £3.79
- BROM II (BACK RANGE OF MOTION INSTRUMENT) Item Code: MS10277FREE ShippingAccurately measures flexion and extension, rotation, lateral flexion, and pelvic tilt. Provides the objective, repeatable data that third party payers demand. The BROM II combines inclinometers and magnets in an easy to use instrument. Allows rotation movements in upright position. Automatically tracks and compensates for unwanted movements. Standardised protocol minimises chance for examiner error. Comes complete with manual, typical values, instructional video and protective case.£753.89 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section