- Wrist Inclinometer Item Code: MS22650FREE ShippingMeasures forearm pronation and supination. Designed to reduce extraneous variables currently found with goniometric measurements of forearm motions. Provides accurate information when used according to the included instructions. Easy to read 360º protractor dial has 5º increments of measurement. Latex free.
- DUAL HEAD STETHOSCOPE Item Code: MS10288Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This economical stethoscope features an aluminium, dual head chest piece and one piece moulded 56cm (22") PVC tubing to provide excellent sound quality and transmission. Lightweight with adjustable binaurals for a comfortable fit. Includes a built in rubber non-chill ring. Complete with a carrying pouch.Express Delivery Available
- Scoliometer Item Code: MS10898FREE ShippingScolimeterFeaturesMeasures six areas to detect scoliosis, and provides three measurements to detect abnormal anteropostero curves. Evaluates progress during treatment, without X-rays. Measures the unstable lumbosacral curve as well as the cervical and thoracic curves. Calibrated in centimeters, millimeters and degrees. Latex free.This item is special order and is non returnable**
- Jamar Medical Skinfold Caliper Item Code: MS10902FREE ShippingSpring-loaded caliper arms provide standard pressure for measuring skinfolds in nutrition, fat distribution, children's growth, anthropometry and other applications. Readings up to 60mm. Sturdy construction of lightweight aluminum ensures years of reliable use. Features a contoured handgrip with safety strap handle. Comes with protective carrying case and manual.Latex free.
- ACCUANGLE GONIOMETER Item Code: MS10894FREE Shipping
- Harpenden Skinfold Calliper Item Code: MS22647FREE ShippingThe Harpenden Skinfold Calliper is one of the most up to date and versatile callipers on the market. Used correctly it will give good service and reliable results for many years and, in order that optimum results are obtained, we suggest strongly that you read your manual thoroughly even if experienced in the use of this type of equipment.
- SECA 665 - WHEELCHAIR WEIGHER Item Code: MS10899FREE Shipping-Determines patient weight whilst seated in wheelchair-Shallow ramps allow easy patient access to platform-Suitable for conventional and powered wheelchairs -Safety rails and non-slip surface for patient security-Weight of wheelchair deducted by pre-TARE function-Memory storage for weights of wheelchairs-Easy and safe to transport folded up on castors-Powered by mains / rechargeable battery-TARE and pre-TARE facility-Large LCD screen-Kg / lbs switch over-Capacity: 300kg (47st)-Graduations: 100g< 200kg>200g / 0.2lb< 440lbs>0.5lb-Weight: 30.3kg
- Long Ring Timer Item Code: MS10280Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£11.29 with VAT Relief
- Height Measure Item Code: MS10900FREE Shipping
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section