- Model - Unisex Torso (40 Parts) Item Code: MS28131FREE ShippingModel - Unisex Torso (40 Parts)These models are designed as visual aids for teaching physiology and hygiene courses. They help the students to understand the anatomical structure of the head, neck and internal organs of the human body. The models show the relative positions, morphological characters and anatomical structures of the head, neck and internal organs with special reference to respiratory, digestive, urinary and nervous systems.Includes 40 parts: Torso, female breast plate, head, eyeball, brain (8 parts), vertebra spinal nerves (4 parts), lung (4 parts), heart (2 parts), trachea, oesophagus and descending aorta, diaphragm, liver, kidney, stomach (2 parts), intestines (4 parts), male genitalia (4 parts), female genitalia with fetus (3 parts).Made of PVC plasticwipes cleanMounted on plastic baseDimensions: 85cm tall.
- FUNCTIONAL MODEL OF THE KNEE JOINT Item Code: MS11028FREE ShippingThis model of the right knee features a detachable ligament system, allowing a complete view of each individual ligament, bone, or cartilage. The ligaments are made of an indestructible, hard elastic for years of durable use. The ligaments? flexibility allows demonstration of the full range of motion, including flexion, extension, inner and outer rotation. Removable from stand, dissects. Life size. Made of SOMSO-Plast. 34 x 18 x 18cm.
- Model - Life Size Foot Joint With Fixed Ankle Joint Item Code: MS22547
- Life Size Skeleton - Deluxe Item Code: MS23647FREE Shipping
This model helps students to understand the relationship between the human body figure and the skeleton.
It can also be used for studying the morphology of bones and the construction of joints.
Set in a standing posture, the joints of the upper and lower extremities are moveable.
Skull is composed of 22 bones, transversely cut Calvarium and moveable mandible.
3 lower teeth - incisor, cuspid and molar are removable.
Red painted parts represent muscle origins and blue painted areas represent muscle insertions.
Made of PVC plastic,wipes clean.
- Muscled Shoulder Joint Model Item Code: MS11031FREE ShippingSemi-articulating right rotator cuff model has an encapsulated humerus that is removable from the capsular ligament of the shoulder joint. Allows demonstration of the rotator cuff's role in fixing the humerus in the glenoid cavity and depressing it during shoulder elevation. Includes removable patient education card and plastic base. Measures 13 x 15.2 x 13cm.
- Muscled Knee Joint Model Item Code: MS11029FREE Shipping
- MUSCLED HIP JOINT MODEL Item Code: MS11032FREE Shipping
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section