Misc Medical Equipment
- Easy Drop Item Code: MS28710Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Lotion Bowl - Medium Item Code: MS16436Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- I Trans Motion Sickness Relief Item Code: MS16909FREE ShippingI Trans Motion Sickness ReliefA drug free solution for travel sickness. Just wear like a watch and adjustable massaging vibrations targets specific acupressure points. Features:Wrist warn motion sickness aidUses double frequency acupressure technologyEffective for land, sea or air travelCan also relieve morning sickness during pregnacyStrap adjust between 13 – 18 cmUses 1 x AAA battery (Included)Supplied with contact gel and full instructionsA fully CE approved and medical certificated productMeasures 4.5 x 5.5 cm
- Digital Chair Scales Item Code: MS29354FREE ShippingComing from more than 35 years’ experience in manufacture of load cells and weighingsystems, coupled to latest positive FSTN LCD electronic Indicator display, the Steiss CS300 combines smart design with uncompromising accuracy and reliability.Rear swivel casters with brakes, folding footrest and lifting armrests give maneuverability and easy access.Product FeaturesMovement compensation technologyBMI functionTare/Zero/Hold/Print/kg/lb.Automatic ReweighUpdatable firmwareOutput ports: RS232 and USBGraduation: 0.1kg / 0.2lb230V input, DC 9V output6 x 1.5V AA batteries, rechargeableLow battery indicatorAC adaptor plug storageEMR Ready for connection to Hospital databases
- Lotion Bowl - Large Item Code: MS16437Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Tourniquet Quick Release Item Code: MS22558
- Wireless remote Control TENS Machine Item Code: MS27979This new Radio Controlled T.E.N.S. is a total breakthrough in drug free pain relief. Its self-adhesive electrode pad can be placed at the site of pain under clothing for continuous discreet pain relief. The user can instantly control the required program and degree of intensity, eliminating messy trailing wires. Can be used anywhere, watching TV, in a car, on holiday etc. Complete with Lithium batteries. T.E.N.S. is especially usefully in the treatment of the following: Tendinitis (Tennis Elbow), Arthritis, Chronic Pain, Acute Pain, Headache, Insomnia, Stress. The Wireless Radio Controlled T.E.N.S. can also be used to help burn fat, consume energy and keep the body fit.
- Wooden Tongue Depressors (PK100) Item Code: MS16425Merlin Medical Wooden Tongue DepressorsSupplied in economical boxes of 100, Merlin Medical's tongue depressors are made from smooth wood to ensure the comfort and safety of the patient. Wooden tongue depressors are an economical way to ensure hygiene and minimise the risk of cross-infection.FeaturesGreat value for moneySmooth, rounded ends ensure safety and comfort for the patientNon-sterileSupplied in boxes of 100SpecificationsDimensions: 150 x 18mm (L x W)
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section