Monitoring & Measuring
- Talking Bathroom Scales Item Code: MS27387Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Aidapt talking scale is ideal for none or partially sighted, fitted with a 12? 6 mm tempered safety glass it is also perfect for individuals with reduced mobility who are unable to move to read the weight displayed. Simply stand on the scales and your weight will be spoken loud and clear ? in English. Powered by 4 x AAA, these are equipped with 4 sensors, step power on/auto power-off and can take a max. weight of 180Kgs (Approx.28 Stones) / 400lbs.Product Dimensions: 300 x 300 x 30mmExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £24.89Save: £3.73Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Radiant TH809 Tympanic Thermometer Item Code: MS16449Radiant TH809 Tympanic ThermometerOne second measurementNine reading memorySelf diagnosis technologycompact ergonomic designinnovative tenperture compensation technologyDual Scale (Celcius, Fahrenheit)Large Lcd display for easy readingFever alarmProtective probe covers complete with each unitLow power consumptionConforms to ASTM accuracy standardsSpecial PriceWas: £28.90Save: £4.33Offer ends 2019-09-30
- RI-HANDY AUTOMATIC WRIST BPM Item Code: MS10759FREE ShippingAutomatic digital blood pressure monitor for use on the wrist. Extremely useful for convenient and rapid BP measurement without the need to expose the patients arm. Features data memory for up to 48 measurements with date, time, and average calculation. Accurate measurements by quick and easy one touch button operation. Easy to read display of date, time, systolic and diastolic values and pulse. Clinically validated.Cuff for wrist sizes from 13.5mm to 19.5mm. Range: 0-300mmHg (accurate to +/-3mmHg) 40-199 pulse rate/min.Special PriceWas: £122.69Save: £18.41Offer ends 2019-09-30
- WheelChair Scales Item Code: MS29355FREE ShippingSteiss WS300 with Healthweigh™ technology now answers both patients and carers’ needs in terms of a premium Electronic Wheelchair Scale. This Steiss WS300 fully Class lll Approved mains or battery powered scale is very accessible thanks to the exceptionally wide side ramps. Advanced movement compensation technology eliminates involuntary movement made during the weighing process and ensures exact weighing information. Manual/Automatic Tare option enables weight of wheelchair to be removed.Product FeaturesMovement compensation technologyTwo extra-long rampsBMI (body mass index) functionZero, Tare & Reweigh functionsHold of weight display functionHealthweigh Platinum Indicator6-digit 1" LCD displayAuto power offUpdatable firmwareRS-232 portProduct size (including ramps): 1250 x 940 x 1150mm.Capacity: 300Kg
- WHEELCHAIR SCALE Item Code: MS11275FREE ShippingThis top of the range unit has all the features needed for weighing the heaviest patients. Powered by the rechargeable ?on-board? battery or mains power. Functions include BMI and digital tare as standard. Capacity is 500kg (781/2st) in 100g (1/4lb) increments. Dimensions 960 x 1630 x 1250mm (38 x 64 x 49"). Class III approved. Weight 48kg.£1,696.29 with VAT Relief
- Ri-Mega Sphygmomanometer Item Code: MS10760FREE ShippingRi-Mega SphygmomanometerFeaturesModern sphygmomanometer design combined with maximum user friendliness. Features a legible 53mm diameter scale and the tube screw connection is chromium plated in black for rapid cuff changing. Converts easily between right and left handed configuration. Maximum reading 300mmHg. Maximum error +/- 3mmHg. Supplied with calibrated nylon hook and loop adult cuff. Latex free.Special PriceWas: £118.99Save: £17.84Offer ends 2019-09-30
- MARSDEN LARGE PERSONAL WEIGHER Item Code: MS10877FREE ShippingThis high quality scale is designed to weigh obese patients. The large platform has hand rails to provide support for unsteady patients and a unique hinged bench seat for those unable to stand. The scale is easily moved on its two wheels. Capacity is 300kg (47st) in 100g (0.8lb) increments. Platform size is 800 x 800mm (35"). Class III approved.
- Gentle Temp 510 Ear Thermometer Item Code: MS16443FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Gentle Temp 510 Ear ThermometerGentle Temp 510 Ear Thermometer, compact and lightweightOne second measurement means reading are over quicklyInfection free safety featureDisplays measurements in degrees celsius or fahrenheitAutomatic switch off function to prolong battery lifeSupplied with 10 probe coversLithium Battery includedExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £50.50Save: £7.57Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor Item Code: MS30767FREE ShippingOur new Medically Approved AirBP offers a reliable, upper arm Blood Pressure reading direct to on your phone. The easy-to-us cuff employs a classic hand-pump design, while the app gives clear voice instruction on use. Once taken, the measurement is stored in the app, along with a graphical representation of recent readings. This record allows you go gain a better understanding of your blood pressure, or share the results with your doctor, to help manage cases of hypertension. Supplied with a cuff covering sizes 22-40cm, the app also features a guest mode, to other to take their reading without affecting your history. Small and portable, the AirBP can be taken anywhere for discrete use and offers 1,000 measurements between charges.Bluetooth BP Monitor Mobile Phone NOT includedSpecial Price £35.40 with VAT Relief
Was: £41.65Save: £6.25Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Item Code: MS29838Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This upper arm blood pressure monitor is ideal for measuring blood pressure safely and accurately in the comfort of your own home. Using the WHO (World Health Organisation) classification, users get clear feedback regarding their blood pressure measurements. The included upper arm cuff is designed for ease of use and comfort and will accommodate arm width measurements of 22 cm to 36cm. Large display with backlight. Batteries not included.Size: 18 x13 x 9cm (In carry case)Weight: 480gExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £30.11Save: £6.16Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Graphic history blood pressure monitors - arm version Item Code: MS22706FREE ShippingA new breakthrough in blood pressure monitor design. Shows the whole week's readings in graph form. The colour easy check classification guide tells you where you stand between normal, pre-hypertension and stage 1 or 2 hypertension.7 day history in graph formColour easy check classification guide shows normal, pre-hypertension or hypertensionSimple one touch operationClear LCD screen with extra large digital displayMeasures systolic, diastolic and heart pulse99 reading memory with time/date recordIrregular heartbeat indicatorIs supplied with a professional upper arm auto inflation cuffSupplied with storage case, batteries and full instructionsSize 13.6 x 9.6 x 5cmUses 4 x AA batteriesSpecial PriceWas: £48.59Save: £7.28Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Eco Temp Item Code: MS16448Special PriceWas: £8.29Save: £1.25Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Zeal Single Use Thermometers Item Code: MS16453Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £24.59Save: £3.68Offer ends 2019-09-30
- WHEELCHAIR WEIGH BEAMS Item Code: MS11274FREE ShippingThese two portable weigh beams have a remote digital readout. Rechargeable operation or mains powered via the charger unit.A tare function is included. Weighs up to 150kg (231/2st) in 100g (1/4lb) increments and between 150 and 300kg (231/2 and 47st) in 200g (1/2lb) increments. Class III approved. Total weight 20kg.£1,135.09 with VAT Relief
- RI-CHAMPION AUTOMATIC BPM Item Code: MS10758FREE ShippingFully automatic, clinically validated, blood pressure monitor, using the oscillometric method. Large clear angled display of systolic, diastolic blood pressure and pulse. Memory function provides up to seven stored readings and the displayed average of these readings, making the unit suitable for personal monitoring by the patient as a better basis for diagnosis.The intelligent automatic inflation system avoids patient discomfort from excess cuff pressure. Comes complete with 4 x AA batteries and notepad.Special PriceWas: £160.39Save: £24.06Offer ends 2019-09-30
- SECA 675 - PLATFORM SCALE Item Code: MS11277FREE ShippingThis high capacity weighing platform has a handle and castors to facilitate transportation. The low level platform has ramp sides for ease of wheelchair access. The remote display can be hand held or wall mounted. Tare, pre-tare and hold functions are available and measurements can be taken in kgs or lbs. Weigh 23.5kg.
- Graphic history blood pressure monitors - wrist version Item Code: MS22705Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.A new breakthrough in blood pressure monitor design. Shows the whole week's readings in graph form. The colour easy check classification guide tells you where you stand between normal, pre-hypertension and stage 1 or 2 hypertension.7 day history in graph formColour easy check classification guide shows normal, pre-hypertension or hypertensionSimple one touch operationClear LCD screen with extra large digital displayMeasures systolic, diastolic and heart pulse99 reading memory with time/date recordIrregular heartbeat indicatorHas a built in auto inflation cuff for easy reading from the wristSupplied with storage case, batteries and full instructionsSize 7 x 7.8 x 2.8cmUses 2 x AAA batteriesExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £34.99Save: £5.24Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Beurer Blood Glucose Monitoring System - GL50 (mmol/L) Item Code: MS23304FREE ShippingThe simple measurement marking and the under filling detection are just two of the outstanding features of the 3-in-1 compact device: lancing device, plug-in USB/on-board software and monitor all in one Easy to use: Illuminated insertion slot, large illuminated display, wide test strips, simple measurement marking for optimised diabetes management: before eating, after eating, general markingUnder filling detection: measurement only possible with sufficient sample of bloodStarter set: Measuring device, 10 lancets, 10 test strips, batteries, case, instructions, brief instructions, blood sugar diaryCode free test stripsJust 0.6 μl blood is sufficientPlasma calibrated480 memory spaces with date and timeAverage value calculation for 7, 14, 30 or 90 days for all measurements or marked measurementsBlood sample: fresh whole blood (capillary)Medical productSpecial PriceWas: £82.09Save: £12.31Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Talking Pedometer Clock Item Code: MS20570DescriptionPut a spring in your step and be prepared to be amazed as this little marvel tells you how far you have walked.FeaturesClear voice tells you the number of steps and distanceLCD screen shows steps, distance and timeBuild-in talking clockBelt clip & lithium battery included.Measures 6.4 x 5 x 2.3 cm - Weight 35 gSpecial PriceWas: £17.18Save: £2.58Offer ends 2019-09-30
- First Aid Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Item Code: MS25454FREE ShippingHere at The Good Life Guide we feel no medicine cabinet should be without our fingertip pulse oximeter to check your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) and your pulse rate.Small, simple to use and reliable, to give you an early warning if your oxygen levels or pulse rate fall to a dangerous level. Just pop onto your finger, press the button and the results are shown on the screen within a few seconds.As used by health professionals and paramedics around the world to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including Emphysema, Asthma and Bronchitis.Small, simple to use and reliableGives reading of blood oxygen levels and pulse rateAs used by paramedics and health professionals around the worldCan be used to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including emphysema, asthma and bronchitisSpecial PriceWas: £46.90Save: £7.03Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Cholesterol Monitoring System - Spare Test Strips (PK10) Item Code: MS19330Special PriceWas: £42.24Save: £6.34Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Colour Code Slim Wrist BPM-BLK Item Code: MS31124-COLOR INDICATOR: The slim, easy-to-read LCD display screen provides color coded indicators that coordinates with the blood pressure readings. Green means normal, yellow means elevated, and red means hypertension. -AUTOMATIC DISPLAY: During each reading, the blood pressure monitor will provide an automatic display of your current systolic, diastolic, and pulse rate -IMPORTANT INDICATIONS: Each BPM provides an irregular heartbeat detector, an ACC/AHA risk category indicator, and an average of the last 3 measurements. -MEMORY FUNCTION: Up to 2 individuals can save up to 90 readings each (180 total memories). -WRIST COMFORT: The easy-to-use wrist wrap is designed to easily strap on. This wrist wrap fits sizes from 5.3”-8.5”.
- Cholesterol and Blood Glucose Monitoring Kit Item Code: MS19329FREE ShippingCholesterol and Blood Glucose Monitoring KitFeaturesProfessional, medically approved blood cholesterol and glucose monitoring kit for use at home.Keeping your cholesterol count under control with the correct diet is an essential part of modern healthcare. With this kit you have all you need to check that important reading between hospital and GP visits.It also tests for blood glucose levels for those who need to keep Diabetes in check.SpecifiacationsEasy to use with large display showing result, date and time record150 second measuring time for Cholesterol and 6 seconds for Glucose100 Cholesterol and 200 Glucose test memory and recallSupplied with 5 Cholesterol test strips, 10 Glucose test strips, lancing device with sterile lancets, carry bag and instructionsAddition test strips availableWill display cholesterol results in either mmol/L or mg/dLMeter unit measures 9 x 6 x 2.2 cm and weighs 58 gramsUses 2 x AA batteries (included)Special PriceWas: £83.29Save: £12.49Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Digital Thermometer Item Code: MS16451Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £11.09Save: £1.67Offer ends 2019-09-30
- SECA 645 - SPECIAL PURPOSE SCALES Item Code: MS11276FREE ShippingThe handrail and low platform on these scales allow people with balance problems to weigh themselves safely. Its extra large platform means that a chair can easily be added to allow comfortable seated weighing. The SECA 645 features a Body Mass Index function for interpreting the state of nutrition and also has castors for practical mobility for increased usability.£1,661.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section