Monitoring & Measuring
- Talking Bathroom Scales Item Code: MS27387Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Aidapt talking scale is ideal for none or partially sighted, fitted with a 12? 6 mm tempered safety glass it is also perfect for individuals with reduced mobility who are unable to move to read the weight displayed. Simply stand on the scales and your weight will be spoken loud and clear ? in English. Powered by 4 x AAA, these are equipped with 4 sensors, step power on/auto power-off and can take a max. weight of 180Kgs (Approx.28 Stones) / 400lbs.Product Dimensions: 300 x 300 x 30mmExpress Delivery Available
- First Aid Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Item Code: MS25454Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Here at The Good Life Guide we feel no medicine cabinet should be without our fingertip pulse oximeter to check your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) and your pulse rate.Small, simple to use and reliable, to give you an early warning if your oxygen levels or pulse rate fall to a dangerous level. Just pop onto your finger, press the button and the results are shown on the screen within a few seconds.As used by health professionals and paramedics around the world to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including Emphysema, Asthma and Bronchitis.Small, simple to use and reliableGives reading of blood oxygen levels and pulse rateAs used by paramedics and health professionals around the worldCan be used to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including emphysema, asthma and bronchitisExpress Delivery Available
- Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Item Code: MS29838Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This upper arm blood pressure monitor is ideal for measuring blood pressure safely and accurately in the comfort of your own home. Using the WHO (World Health Organisation) classication, users get clear feedback regarding their blood pressure measurements. The included upper arm cuff is designed for ease of use and comfort and will accommodate arm width measurements of 22 cm to 36cm. Large display with backlight. Batteries not included. Specication Size: 18 x 13 x 9 cm- in carry case Weight: 0.48kgExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £30.11Save: £5.16
- WHEELCHAIR WEIGH BEAMS Item Code: MS11274FREE ShippingThese two portable weigh beams have a remote digital readout. Rechargeable operation or mains powered via the charger unit.A tare function is included. Weighs up to 150kg (231/2st) in 100g (1/4lb) increments and between 150 and 300kg (231/2 and 47st) in 200g (1/2lb) increments. Class III approved. Total weight 20kg.£1,135.09 with VAT Relief
- Ri-Mega Sphygmomanometer Item Code: MS10760FREE ShippingRi-Mega SphygmomanometerFeaturesModern sphygmomanometer design combined with maximum user friendliness. Features a legible 53mm diameter scale and the tube screw connection is chromium plated in black for rapid cuff changing. Converts easily between right and left handed configuration. Maximum reading 300mmHg. Maximum error +/- 3mmHg. Supplied with calibrated nylon hook and loop adult cuff. Latex free.
- Colour Code Slim Wrist BPM-BLK Item Code: MS31124-COLOR INDICATOR: The slim, easy-to-read LCD display screen provides color coded indicators that coordinates with the blood pressure readings. Green means normal, yellow means elevated, and red means hypertension. -AUTOMATIC DISPLAY: During each reading, the blood pressure monitor will provide an automatic display of your current systolic, diastolic, and pulse rate -IMPORTANT INDICATIONS: Each BPM provides an irregular heartbeat detector, an ACC/AHA risk category indicator, and an average of the last 3 measurements. -MEMORY FUNCTION: Up to 2 individuals can save up to 90 readings each (180 total memories). -WRIST COMFORT: The easy-to-use wrist wrap is designed to easily strap on. This wrist wrap fits sizes from 5.3”-8.5”.
- Radiant TH809 Tympanic Thermometer Item Code: MS16449Radiant TH809 Tympanic ThermometerOne second measurementNine reading memorySelf diagnosis technologycompact ergonomic designinnovative tenperture compensation technologyDual Scale (Celcius, Fahrenheit)Large Lcd display for easy readingFever alarmProtective probe covers complete with each unitLow power consumptionConforms to ASTM accuracy standards
- Gentle Temp 510 Ear Thermometer - Pack of 20 Probe Covers Item Code: MS16445
- Gentle Temp 510 Ear Thermometer Item Code: MS16443FREE ShippingGentle Temp 510 Ear ThermometerGentle Temp 510 Ear Thermometer, compact and lightweightOne second measurement means reading are over quicklyInfection free safety featureDisplays measurements in degrees celsius or fahrenheitAutomatic switch off function to prolong battery lifeSupplied with 10 probe coversLithium Battery included
- Beurer Blood Glucose Monitoring System - GL50 (mmol/L) Discontinued Item Code: MS23304FREE ShippingThe simple measurement marking and the under filling detection are just two of the outstanding features of the 3-in-1 compact device: lancing device, plug-in USB/on-board software and monitor all in one Easy to use: Illuminated insertion slot, large illuminated display, wide test strips, simple measurement marking for optimised diabetes management: before eating, after eating, general markingUnder filling detection: measurement only possible with sufficient sample of bloodStarter set: Measuring device, 10 lancets, 10 test strips, batteries, case, instructions, brief instructions, blood sugar diaryCode free test stripsJust 0.6 μl blood is sufficientPlasma calibrated480 memory spaces with date and timeAverage value calculation for 7, 14, 30 or 90 days for all measurements or marked measurementsBlood sample: fresh whole blood (capillary)Medical product
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section