Blood Pressure Monitors
- Ri-Mega Sphygmomanometer Item Code: MS10760FREE ShippingRi-Mega SphygmomanometerFeaturesModern sphygmomanometer design combined with maximum user friendliness. Features a legible 53mm diameter scale and the tube screw connection is chromium plated in black for rapid cuff changing. Converts easily between right and left handed configuration. Maximum reading 300mmHg. Maximum error +/- 3mmHg. Supplied with calibrated nylon hook and loop adult cuff. Latex free.
- Colour Code Slim Wrist BPM-BLK Item Code: MS31124-COLOR INDICATOR: The slim, easy-to-read LCD display screen provides color coded indicators that coordinates with the blood pressure readings. Green means normal, yellow means elevated, and red means hypertension. -AUTOMATIC DISPLAY: During each reading, the blood pressure monitor will provide an automatic display of your current systolic, diastolic, and pulse rate -IMPORTANT INDICATIONS: Each BPM provides an irregular heartbeat detector, an ACC/AHA risk category indicator, and an average of the last 3 measurements. -MEMORY FUNCTION: Up to 2 individuals can save up to 90 readings each (180 total memories). -WRIST COMFORT: The easy-to-use wrist wrap is designed to easily strap on. This wrist wrap fits sizes from 5.3”-8.5”.
- First Aid Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Item Code: MS25454FREE ShippingHere at The Good Life Guide we feel no medicine cabinet should be without our fingertip pulse oximeter to check your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) and your pulse rate.Small, simple to use and reliable, to give you an early warning if your oxygen levels or pulse rate fall to a dangerous level. Just pop onto your finger, press the button and the results are shown on the screen within a few seconds.As used by health professionals and paramedics around the world to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including Emphysema, Asthma and Bronchitis.Small, simple to use and reliableGives reading of blood oxygen levels and pulse rateAs used by paramedics and health professionals around the worldCan be used to monitor Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) including emphysema, asthma and bronchitis
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section