Zip Pullers & Grips
- Button Hook and Zip Puller Item Code: MS16566Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £2.79Save: £0.84
- Zipper Aids (PK3) Item Code: MS16564Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£2.79 with VAT Relief
- Silk Zipper Ties Item Code: PG122-9As low as
- Zip Grip Item Code: MS17741Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Button Hook With Zipper Pull Item Code: MS26717Button Hook With Zipper PullThis dressing aid makes it much simpler for the user to dress and undress without the need of assistance.Ideal for users who have difficulty fastening and unfastening buttons due to limited hand strength or only having the use of one hand. Helps with fiddly button holes and difficult small zips, thus promoting independent living. The Button Hook & Zip Puller’s compact shape also makes it very portable and convenient to stow in a bag or pocket. Comfy, thick grip handle makes it easier to use for people who suffer from limited dexterity or who have a weak grip.
- Soft Pencil Grip - Small Item Code: MS16944Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£17.09 with VAT Relief
- Plastic Button Hook / Zipper Puller Item Code: MS16567
- QuickZip - Black Item Code: MS29173QuickZip - BlackReplace a missing or broken zipper-pull in seconds with QuickZip, the instant, easy and permanent zipper-pull repair kit.Saving the cost of replacing the entire zip, just hook and click for a new zipper-pull that’s on solidly and not only look almost like the originals (same sheen and size definitely) but is far stronger.Great for jackets, purses, briefcases luggage, tents, coolers, backpacks, coats, boots, golf bag...anything with a zipper.In Packs of 3, Silver.MeasuresL3.5cm x H4mm.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section